PDA

View Full Version : Aspirin and Tylenol - Linked to Kidney Failure

Original Poster
01-08-2003, 10:08 AM
http://www.mercola.com/2002/jan/5/aspirin.htm

skinnyboy
01-08-2003, 10:27 AM
I read something about Tylenol, but I didn't realize that aspirin had the same effect. This is from mainstream media too, not just this mercola natzi :)

PC1
01-08-2003, 11:53 AM
Here's the key:

"This study and others have found that the risk is minimal in those without pre-existing kidney disease."

Original Poster
01-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by PC1
Here's the key:

"This study and others have found that the risk is minimal in those without pre-existing kidney disease."

Very True.

Mirrorboy
01-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Whether or not it was pre-existing for me I almost lost both mine my first week of working out over a year ago. I just started working out again after 10 years off, did an upper body workout the first night, legs the second night. I was popping a bunch of tylenol advil and vitamin C those first couple days. then the next day I went to take a piss, and it came out black as tea. Called the doctor, They called me in, took a sample, urine black as tea, told me my kidneys were failing. Emergency room I went, where they flushed me with saline for the next 7 days. Since then I watch my urine color religiously and drink a chit load of water.

The one thing I strongly recomend is water water water and water.

Because of my dumbass move, can't drink alcohol no more, no more aspirin either.

Oh, well.

ws6ta
01-08-2003, 01:16 PM
**** i better not take too much more of my eca stack then :(

Mirrorboy
01-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Just drink plenty of water and watch your urine color and you should be fine. If it starts to go brown drink a chitload of water. If it still is brown call a doctor.

mntbikedude
01-08-2003, 01:38 PM
that is very scary I used to take excedrine like everday for years

degulator
01-08-2003, 02:18 PM
This shoul be interesting!I read in the magazine "Mens Health" this month in Portugal and there has an article that explains the benefits of the Aspirin like preventing the prostate cancer and colon cancer, it eliminates wounds, prevent liver and heart diseases, enfarcts, low the blood arterial tension and much more...

Bye:)

Original Poster
01-08-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by degulator
This shoul be interesting!I read in the magazine "Mens Health" this month in Portugal and there has an article that explains the benefits of the Aspirin like preventing the prostate cancer and colon cancer, it eliminates wounds, prevent liver and heart diseases, enfarcts, low the blood arterial tension and much more...

Bye:)

At what doses ? I wonder. I bet it's at low doses lie 60-80mg a day, not 500-1000 mg like many take.

PEACE

degulator
01-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Yeah, they recommend 100mg/day:)

Sir Foxx
01-09-2003, 05:20 PM
And yet you don't hear about the FDA or Congress trying to ban Tylenol or aspirin. If this kind of link was found to any of our supps. you better believe they would be going after them, like the are with PH's and ephedrine. Hypocrites.