PDA

View Full Version : I need calories

ShallowGrave
01-07-2003, 10:02 AM
I'm having trouble gaining weight...I have an extremely fast metabolism. I need to add cals and am already hitting the NLarge shakes at night but I need more cals and can't afford more expensive sups...plus I'm getting tired of drinking em all the time.

Could you guys give me some REAL foods that are high in calories...I don't care if their junk food or have no real nutritional value, I just need more calories and I need to be able to buy them in a supermarket. I know fast food and candy bars have calories but its too expensive to buy em all the time.

naturalfreakuk
01-07-2003, 11:54 AM
eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, and eat some more.
no other way.
get used to eating alot of food CLEAN food though. bulking isn't an excuse to go and eat KFC all day long. its good u taking NLarge shakes as they a good supplement.

what ever u eat now just eat alot more of it, get loads of protein and carbs in.

tuna
red meat
white meat
fish
rice
pasta
oats
milk
bread (wholemeal)
protein shakes and NLarge

eat alot of this type of stuff

and no matter what keep on training and keep on eating!

MichaelB
01-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Peanut butter (1 tbsp has 7 grams of fat(good fats))
Peanuts, casews etc(very fatty(good fats))
olive oil, flax seed etc(same as above)
Rice(high in carbs)
tubs of yogurt(500k a tub)
cottage cheese (high in protein, 60 a tub/500ml)
gatorade, dextrose, etc(great for during and post workout)
and what was listed above.

Just eat every 2-3 hours as much as you can. I know that is basic knowledge but it is true and it works. Find out what your maintenance is than go above that by 500 cals or so. Well I would aim to gain 1lb a week; anymore than that and u may want to lower the cals abit. Once you figure out your maintenance it shouldn't be hard to workout a meal plan.

The benefits of a clean bulk will certainly outway that of eating candy bars etc. Your goal is to pack on as much muscle as u can while gaining little fat (goes on about 25% muscle, 75% fat I believe) If you eat porly you will pack on the fat, but not the quality muscle mass you want. Afterall, the purpose of bulking is to put on muscle mass, not fat.

Timbo
01-07-2003, 02:33 PM
Man, if you're gaining muscle at at 1:3 ratio to fat, then you've got crappy genetics! Ouch. Ideally, you'd like to see a ratio of 3:1 in favor of lean mass gains.

Back to the point at hand, however. You really don't need any fancy supplements, and I'm even skeptical of weight gainers, but if that floats your boat, so be it. I think it's time to screw the eat every two or three hours, in this case (and for other self-proclaimed hardgainers). Yeah, eat a big breakfast, a big lunch, and a hella huge dinner--and eat everything in sight after training. But, I think that you should be eating all damn day long in between those big meals. Sometimes you've got to go against the grain if you truly want to see results. Eat bagels with peanut butter and make a huge pitcher of water and protein powder to work with throughout the day.

I thought I was never going to gain a pound the clean way, eating all the right foods, 6 to 8 meals per day, every 2 to 3 hours. And I thought I had to follow the feeding "rules" of bodybuilding. Well, I didn't start gaining till I pretty much followed the same exact plan as above. Basically, I'd eat my normal spaced out meals during the day, then at night after my training session, I would just eat as much protein and carbohydrate as I could handle--till I either got sick or until I passed out. During this feeding frenzy, I packed an extreme amount of muscle and a negligible amount of fat.

If you truly want the results you say you do, then sometimes you've got to go the extra mile.

By the way, do you know exactly how many calories and macros you're getting in each and every day? This will be helpful also.