PDA

View Full Version : when to take whey and muscle milk

Greekstang85
08-03-2006, 12:41 AM
hey guys just curious as to when to take these shakes, i was thinking whey in the morning and muscle milk after workouts. what do you think?

stealth_swimmer
08-03-2006, 12:50 AM
Either way is fine but since muscle milk has fat in it you probably want to take it in hte morning and take whey after your workout to maximize the benefits of both.

Benji Snap
08-03-2006, 03:33 AM
Whenever you want..... somtimes I have it 3 times a day...

So what if it has fat in it ?

Goofxta
08-03-2006, 05:34 AM
Can someone give me a quick run down of what muscle milk is. I know that apparently it causes you to gain muscle while burning (hahahaha... yeah right *rolls eyes*) But what is it mainly? Just whey and some extra **** in it? Why is it getting so popular?

nitrored
08-03-2006, 05:44 AM
Whey is best 1st thing in the morning and/or pre/post workout.

Muscle Milk would be better any other time of day, especially right before bed, because it is mostly casein protein and fats(very slow digesting).

Goofxta -- M.M has a little bit of whey in it, 20% (?) of the protein is whey, the rest is casein... It also has a fair amount of fat, marketed as good fat, maybe it is. It is so popular cuz it so damn delicious.

Antiochus
08-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Is Muscle Milk particularly bad for post workout or is it just -not as good- as a whey shake?

CFH
08-03-2006, 07:39 AM
Not as good...since like you said its mostly Casein protein instead of whey....but personally i cannot stand the taste of any whey shake to date so its MM for me

brayj789
08-03-2006, 07:50 AM
Either way is fine but since muscle milk has fat in it you probably want to take it in hte morning and take whey after your workout to maximize the benefits of both.

For someone with that many posts and reps, I'm surprised you would say this....

MuscleMilk would be great for a bedtime snack for people who can't gain weight, the amt. of fat in it might be a little excessive for normal gainers before bed, but nonetheless there is no reason just because it has fat to only take it in the beginning of the day. Fat b4 bed is great for gains.

nitrored
08-03-2006, 08:23 AM
For someone with that many posts and reps, I'm surprised you would say this....

MuscleMilk would be great for a bedtime snack for people who can't gain weight, the amt. of fat in it might be a little excessive for normal gainers before bed, but nonetheless there is no reason just because it has fat to only take it in the beginning of the day. Fat b4 bed is great for gains.

Fat before bed is great for losing weight too, fat any time of day is fine for any goal as long as it is within you calorie allowance for your goals. MM may be hard to fit in if your cutting.

I dont want anyone taking the wrong idea away from what was said...
dietary fat does not make you fat, eating more calories then your body uses does.