PDA

View Full Version : Protein CHOICE?????

jayranger7
01-05-2003, 06:32 PM
I am going to go on a cycle of 1 Plus and need to obviously supp with protein. I have a WHey that is 30 g per serving with 2 cups of milk makes it 46 I will drink one of these in the AM with breakfast and 1 after working out what type of protein should I use before bedtime???

jayranger7
01-05-2003, 07:12 PM
How about a little help here guys

Youngworld
01-05-2003, 07:17 PM
these guys say to stay away from cell tech by muscle tech because it has to much sugar to take it before bed. myabe you could take some after your workout cuz u need sugar after you strain your muscles. so do something like this:

whey protein am
cell tech after wkout
whey protein b4 bed

jayranger7
01-05-2003, 07:19 PM
But doesn't whey protein get absorbed too quick to stay around at night when it is most important. Should I just drink a quart of milk before bed

jayranger7
01-05-2003, 07:30 PM
Whats wrong with CELLTECH??

NotRippedYet
01-05-2003, 07:32 PM
There's nothing wrong with cell-tech, per say. It's just overpriced for what it is, and the sugar is too high, depending on what you're looking to use it for.

jimsp
01-05-2003, 07:34 PM
cell tech isnt even protein its creatine with sugar added to it and it is really over priced u can take creatine after ur workout but that is also one of hte most important times to take protein.

jayranger7
01-05-2003, 07:35 PM
I am trying to gain weight so the sugar shouldn't hurt right

jayranger7
01-05-2003, 07:37 PM
I know it's not protein somebody metioned it Nitrotechis protein isn't it?

jimsp
01-05-2003, 07:38 PM
ya nitro tech is protein but nitro tech and cell tech r both overpriced there is no reason u cant get the same quality products or better for a hell of a lot cheaper.

GuyinLA
01-05-2003, 07:43 PM
Whey protein is quickly absorbed and therefore it is not good to consume solely whey before bed. A protein blend is what you want, i.e. a mix of quick and slow digested proteins.

JohnnyT
01-06-2003, 11:55 AM
maybe try the new Molecular Nutrition Sustained Protein

off the bb.com site it is about 32 bucks.

average price. use that before bed and it should last you a while.

use a cheaper protein during the day, like the 5 plus 1 from

hdt- you can take 100 to 200 extra grams of protein each day which would really help you grow.

I just got the molecular today and it looks great. 7 hours

in the system it claims.

peace

TheGreekGod
01-06-2003, 02:01 PM
You might want to look into Glycerlean by Next proteins. I just switched over to Glycerlean about a month ago so I can't tell you if it works like it says, but Next Proteins is a good company. The whey protein is suppose to stay in your system for eight hours if you use three scoups. I thinks the stuff taste like crap so If I don't notice something postive in the next month or so I'll go back to what I was using before. If you do go with Glycerlean I DON'T suggest the malt flavor, taste like ass. You may want to add a 1/2 packet of sweet-n-low to your shake, it's not very sweet.

jimsp
01-06-2003, 02:22 PM
wuts wrong with just mixing ur whey with like 2 glasses of milk then u have 16 g of casien and how ever much whey u put pluss maybe eat a lil sumtin before bed u should be good right??? i dont see a need to spend all this extra money on time released protein plus whey then im sure sum people prolly r buying weight gainer to go with the other two.

please let me know if im wrong tho.

Lonny
01-06-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by jayranger7
I am going to go on a cycle of 1 Plus and need to obviously supp with protein. I have a WHey that is 30 g per serving with 2 cups of milk makes it 46 I will drink one of these in the AM with breakfast and 1 after working out what type of protein should I use before bedtime???

Make a shake out of this

1-2 cups milk
50-100 grams cottage cheese (whatever fat% you think you want)
1 scoop protein powder
Flax oil or ground/milled flax seeds

Throw it in a blender, and drink it before bed.

bulkup250
01-07-2003, 12:31 PM
nlarge2 is my favorate