PDA

View Full Version : any companys looking to sponsor any teen bodybuilders

gangsta1087
07-27-2006, 01:51 PM
iam not looking to get mony or anything maybe just help with contest fees or supplements

if so i am willing to do what need for it to happen

nni
07-27-2006, 01:56 PM
i would post pics, stats, previous contests etc.

gangsta1087
07-27-2006, 02:19 PM
stats:
age- 18
height-5'6
weight-185
school:college-major co
training since 14 teen
hometown- baltimore maryland
previous contest-none but will be competing in october and november will start to diet down friday hoping to take first place.

am natural and only supplements i have used are creatine and protein drinks
looking to become a pro in any league by 22

if any more information is needed let me know

Sethva
07-27-2006, 07:20 PM
lets see the wheels.

gangsta1087
07-27-2006, 07:28 PM
let me take some pics

dito
07-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Well?

JRRBadBoy4Life
07-28-2006, 03:51 PM
Well?
Guess he's still working on his legs.

WAYSOUTH
07-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Good luck to ya! The next few yrs. will be very important for you. Eat & train likes there's no tmr! And of course have fun with it & looking 4ward to seeing your results in the following months.

storm shadow
07-28-2006, 05:09 PM
iam not looking to get mony or anything maybe just help with contest fees or supplements

if so i am willing to do what need for it to happen
both layne and beast are good people to talk to about getting ready for your competition. They are both experienced and layne is a pro now! As far as you being sponsered, well you're gonna have to earn it and catch the attention of a supplement company. I don't just think asking alone will get you there. Good luck with your quest man.

TimoteoS
07-28-2006, 05:14 PM
I think I may be able to help you out. I can sponsor you with quaker oats and tuna fish. Let me know ;)

Elliptical Envy
07-28-2006, 05:20 PM
I'll give you an avocado sponsorship. :) PM me to claim your prize. :cool:

punksurfer024
07-28-2006, 05:38 PM
I think I may be able to help you out. I can sponsor you with quaker oats and tuna fish. Let me know ;)

im freaking IN!!!!! ill send my address you send the goods!!!!!!!!!!!!

gangsta1087
07-29-2006, 05:54 PM
legs

not the best but working on them

JRRBadBoy4Life
07-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Well, being that you have provided pics, and you asked to be sponsored, and you look like you have potential, I vote that somebody sponsor you. At least give you the chance to prove yourself. But you should really explain as to why YOU should be chosen to sponsor and not somebody else. I think if you keep trying and are sincere, somebody will help you out.

Nathan1
07-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Just keep at it for the next 4 years and you'll be golden.

Little secret here. EAT! EAT! EAT! :rolleyes: (of course you know)

having a supply of free supplements won't make the difference IMO.

gangsta1087
07-29-2006, 06:14 PM
i got so many reason why i should be sponsed

just like when the say men think about sex 24 hours a day well i think about that and bodybuilding , when iam in the gym in the bath room eating and when i am sleep. i just love to see my body change and my progrees over over again. i just dont take this bodybuilding thing as a hooby i do it because i live it iam not saying think if your not me then your not a harworker at being a bodbuilder all iam saying is i take it serious n my eyes then your normal gym rat really do show decation to the sport from going to the gym helping others when they have no clue, and just being me and not trying to be any other bodbuilder but i also admire them

punksurfer024
07-29-2006, 06:36 PM
i got so many reason why i should be sponsed

just like when the say men think about sex 24 hours a day well i think about that and bodybuilding , when iam in the gym in the bath room eating and when i am sleep. i just love to see my body change and my progrees over over again. i just dont take this bodybuilding thing as a hooby i do it because i live it iam not saying think if your not me then your not a harworker at being a bodbuilder all iam saying is i take it serious n my eyes then your normal gym rat really do show decation to the sport from going to the gym helping others when they have no clue, and just being me and not trying to be any other bodbuilder but i also admire them

alot of ppl can claim that though. what sets you aside from them?

gangsta1087
07-29-2006, 06:40 PM
alot of ppl can claim that though. what sets you aside from them?

i i just dont claim it i show it

storm shadow
07-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Why do you want to be sponsored so bad in the first place. Only real thing you could get out of it is free supplements and to say you are with said company. Why can't you just do a contest on your own and buying your own supplements along the way. Usually sponsored athletes aren't looking to be sponsored, they get asked!

Elliptical Envy
07-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Not to be a dick, but I don't think anyone will take you seriously unless you start using spell check and proper punctuation. :D

gangsta1087
07-29-2006, 06:50 PM
so did layne get asked?

and the rest of the people on here

storm shadow
07-29-2006, 07:01 PM
so did layne get asked?
I think so, you're better off talking to him directly, pm or email

and the rest of the people on here
lol I don't think theres that many sponsored athletes on this board.

gangsta1087
07-29-2006, 07:24 PM
ok then ill wait til i get asked

will one of u mods close the thread please

thank you

skelooth
07-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Sponsored athletes are usually not just jacked, but shredded as well, with multiple competitions under their belt. For 18 you are jacked, and definitely look like you put your dues in at the gym, but you're not quite 'there' yet. Either you need to give it a good bulk to bring your legs up to speed, or you need to cut to see how you look at low bf%, just imo.

dirtydean12
07-29-2006, 08:57 PM
not to be a dick or the bearer of bad news, but am i the only one who thinks this dude is no where near competition shape? i'm gonna be blunt and give you the truth as you deserve, you REALLY need to work on proportion and symmetry. from your pics it looks like all you do is bi/tri exercises, your back needs major work as do your legs and delts, focus on your weaknesses in the gym, not your strongpoints!! i'm sayin this to help you out man, work on these things and you will improve dramatically!

gangsta1087
07-29-2006, 11:04 PM
the thread can be close now

Shutup
07-29-2006, 11:26 PM
you and everyone else would like a sponsor.

The person that said you be given a shot cause you posted pics and you seem sincere, well that's just too silly to even say.

gangsta1087
07-29-2006, 11:35 PM
not to be a dick or the bearer of bad news, but am i the only one who thinks this dude is no where near competition shape? i'm gonna be blunt and give you the truth as you deserve, you REALLY need to work on proportion and symmetry. from your pics it looks like all you do is bi/tri exercises, your back needs major work as do your legs and delts, focus on your weaknesses in the gym, not your strongpoints!! i'm sayin this to help you out man, work on these things and you will improve dramatically!

my contest is not until october so what are talking about

WAYSOUTH
07-30-2006, 07:52 AM
Not to be a dick, but I don't think anyone will take you seriously unless you start using spell check and proper punctuation. :D

Yep!

WAYSOUTH
07-30-2006, 07:53 AM
the thread can be close now

Closed? You CAN delete it you know.

dirtydean12
07-30-2006, 09:29 PM
my contest is not until october so what are talking about
just what i thought you'd respond with....you get an answer you dont like and you argue it. for a contest that is a couple of months away you better kick it into high gear man. thats cool if you dont want any criticism, you shoulda specified.

gangsta1087
07-30-2006, 10:39 PM
u dont know how my body works when it comes to getting in shape for a contest so how would u know how much i need to kick up the gear

and who said i didnt like the respond all i said was my conest isnt intil october meaning i have a enough time

gangsta1087
07-30-2006, 10:44 PM
i love to hear feedback but i personally think ill be ready buy 3 weeks out

Coulaid
07-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Start up a pre-comp journal. How many weeks out are you? Have u started you pre-comp diet?

gangsta1087
07-30-2006, 11:05 PM
12 weeks and i started friday

gangsta1087
07-30-2006, 11:13 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=857965&highlight=road+to+ocb

here is the link

Power_Lifter88
07-30-2006, 11:37 PM
Hey mate,

I would suggest get ready for the comp etc get that under your belt..maybe even do acouple more comps this yr or early next yr if possible then really focus on putting on some more mass and then if you still have the drive to get a sponsorship go straight to the companys them selves..because starting a thread on a bb forum prob isn't going to get you a sponsorship!

But best of luck mate, your looking very good and will be very keen to see some pics from the comp!

dirtydean12
07-31-2006, 01:01 AM
u dont know how my body works when it comes to getting in shape for a contest so how would u know how much i need to kick up the gear

and who said i didnt like the respond all i said was my conest isnt intil october meaning i have a enough time
you yourself don't even know how your body works when it comes to competition!! it's your first one remember?? getting in shape for competition in hopes for first place takes a lot of effort and time, not just thinkin you're gonna drop over 10% bf(by looking at the pics i'd say your about 15-20%) and get ripped in a couple months...whatever though dude, post your comp pics when you compete, even better post progress pics every couple weeks

IcyHotNate
07-31-2006, 01:10 PM
Is this thread a joke?

Dude, you need to grow leg muscles before you hit that comp. Big Legs and Big Backs are what win comps. Everyone and grow big guns if they hit them a lot. I hope you place alright. But you're not going to make any sort of crazy muscle gains now that you're cutting.

Good luck to ya man, i'm not trying to be rude here but there are a lot more younger, and bigger body builders these days. With that body, I don't think you're going to be pro anything by the time you're 22.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it is reality. Look at most all IFBB pros. They were monsters by the age of 18, by 21 most were pro, and twice the size of you.

But I do hope you accomplish your task at hand, good luck to you.

storm shadow
07-31-2006, 01:18 PM
Some of you guys need to lay off this kid. Sure he might be getting a little over his head but I give him props for trying to go somewhere with bbing. He has good aspirations and is ambitious for a young age and has a good build also for being 18. I have my doubts wether he will be ready in oct. to compete but who are we to try and put him down right away. Anyways I'm just trying to say some people need to stop bustin his balls. Good luck gangsta.

TE
07-31-2006, 01:29 PM
Some of you guys need to lay off this kid. Sure he might be getting a little over his head but I give him props for trying to go somewhere with bbing. He has good aspirations and is ambitious for a young age and has a good build also for being 18. I have my doubts wether he will be ready in oct. to compete but who are we to try and put him down right away. Anyways I'm just trying to say some people need to stop bustin his balls. Good luck gangsta.
nice post.

Seth25
07-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Gangsta, If I were you I'd forget about the competition this October and concentrate on building more on your legs/back and maybe by this time next year you could be ready to compete. Don't ever let someone tell you that you can't do it,just stay focused and keep your eyes on the prize.Good luck and arms looking good btw.

gangsta1087
07-31-2006, 02:00 PM
base on this pic whats wrong with my back

Commonpremier21
07-31-2006, 02:36 PM
base on this pic whats wrong with my back

your back does not look good at all in that picture. It could also be due to the lighting, angle and your pose. Just from the picture though, there is no width, no thickness, and no definition. Like someone said earlier in this thread, your arms also overpowers everything else.

Just for reference, compare yourself to someone I saw in the Post Your Pictures section and see where you stand: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=859376

Many other guys competing post their pictures in there, many of them are close to your age.

391rippy
07-31-2006, 02:46 PM
some constructive criticism:
you have nice traps and and arms, but everything else is lagging, especially your legs. all of this will come in time, though, so don't worry. you're 18 and you have plenty of years ahead of you. also, you probably should've started your precontest diet a few months ago; it's going to be tough to get down to ~4% in just three months.

also, layne norton is an exception to the rule (partially because he's an exceptional athlete; he's already gone pro in two divisions). most sponsored athletes have had numerous competitions under their belt and have been bodybuilding for many years.

and a company is not going to sponsor an athlete who has never competed because in 5 years from now he may be a great athlete. companies only sponser people who have plenty of experience and already have that physique that everyone else wants. companies use sponsored athletes as marketing tools; they don't just do it to help out someone.

so keep training hard and maybe later you'll get sponsored.

gangsta1087
07-31-2006, 03:15 PM
well he 7 weeks out

in 5 weeks u will see a differnece in my physic

WAYSOUTH
07-31-2006, 03:26 PM
well he 7 weeks out

Can't wait to see your transformation over the weeks. Look into adding some MCT oil. Good luck!!

Mr. Aries
07-31-2006, 03:30 PM
it's good to have a dream.. 8 years ago I was 155lbs... last year around this time I was 220 shredded wondering wtf it's gotta take for some body to see something here... Was ready to call it quits but just loved it too much to watch it all go...

And then one day somebody saw a picture of me and here i am..

All it takes is chance.. You can be the best football player sitting on the bench but unless someone takes a chance on you and let you loose on the field, you can't shine the way you want to.

Power_Lifter88
07-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Hey Gangsta,

You seem to have the drive to make something of yourself in bodybuilding...your still young and you have plenty of time to do whatever you would like to do in bodybuilding.

For the people saying don't compete and what not..i say compete plz, get the experience of doing a comp so next time you can be even more ready!

Like i said before, get this 1st comp under your belt then just focus on putting on mass..push yaself to that next level, make yourself stand out from other teens..been driven, be focused, listen to ppls help but always listen to what u feel is best and most of all make every min in the gym count.

But once again best of luck for the comp and if you have the drive and focus you can get anything you want!

Keep training hard mate!

dirtydean12
07-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Good post, but i must say that if i were to post something like this i would want people to be as honest as possible, not just kiss my ass and tell me i look good. Thats even worse because the let down you get when the judges bring the reality will feel even worse. I'm not being harsh on purpose or anything, I'm just doing and saying what i would want others to do to me. Sure the kid has aspirations and hopes, but i'd be willing to bet about 90% of the users in here do too. Constructive criticism is the best kind.

Commonpremier21
07-31-2006, 08:04 PM
well he 7 weeks out

great, hope you'll make the necessary progress

gangsta1087
07-31-2006, 10:00 PM
you yourself don't even know how your body works when it comes to competition!! it's your first one remember?? getting in shape for competition in hopes for first place takes a lot of effort and time, not just thinkin you're gonna drop over 10% bf(by looking at the pics i'd say your about 15-20%) and get ripped in a couple months...whatever though dude, post your comp pics when you compete, even better post progress pics every couple weeks

i cant be 15%-20%

because this guys is 12%
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/images/2006/transm81b.jpg

JRRBadBoy4Life
07-31-2006, 10:02 PM
i cant be 15%-20%

because this guys is 12%
That guys really fat. If he's 12% then that makes me 2%.

JRRBadBoy4Life
07-31-2006, 10:05 PM
All it takes is chance.. You can be the best football player sitting on the bench but unless someone takes a chance on you and let you loose on the field, you can't shine the way you want to.
That reminds me of my senior year in high school. There I sat on the bench, the best football player on the team. Someone got hurt and coach took a chance on me and put me in. Unfortunately I got so excited I didn't let loose on the field, but rather in my pants:(

gangsta1087
07-31-2006, 10:06 PM
thats what it says here

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/transm81.htm

JRRBadBoy4Life
07-31-2006, 10:09 PM
thats what it says here

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/transm81.htm
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that once he loses that 15 lbs of water that appears to be bloating him, he's a shredded beast:D

gangsta1087
07-31-2006, 10:13 PM
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that once he loses that 15 lbs of water that appears to be bloating him, he's a shredded beast:D

so what are u saying thst a person might look fat because of the water and not thetfat

dirtydean12
08-01-2006, 01:13 AM
i cant be 15%-20%

because this guys is 12%
hahahahahahahahaha