PDA

View Full Version : Slow Metabolism

Painkiller
01-05-2003, 08:28 AM
hey guys,im 20 years old,bf about 10-12 %,175 lbs and 6"2 height.During the last year,i have counted my kcal EVERY SINGLE DAY and have seen that my kcal for a not working out day are about 2000(for example if i work out 1 hour the kcal are about 2400).Don't you think it is a little low?

I haven't been cutting of losing fat for a long time,less than 3 months during the last year,so i don't think that the metabolism is currently low,i think that these are my normal numbers.

My life isn't that active,i am a student and i usually spend my time at the university,studying or out with friends..:)

When i cut,it is very very hard for me,because even if i manage to stay at 10X kcal(1750) for 5 days(which is difficult i think),and then cheat a little at 3000 kcal,the average kcal is about 2000,so i have done nothing!!!!!!!!!
Do you think that i should take less kcal than 10X if I cut?

Painkiller
01-06-2003, 04:44 AM
Hey BBers,you dissappointed me!nobody can answer?

Fletch
01-06-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Painkiller
hey guys,im 20 years old,bf about 10-12 %,175 lbs and 6"2 height.During the last year,i have counted my kcal EVERY SINGLE DAY and have seen that my kcal for a not working out day are about 2000(for example if i work out 1 hour the kcal are about 2400).Don't you think it is a little low?

I haven't been cutting of losing fat for a long time,less than 3 months during the last year,so i don't think that the metabolism is currently low,i think that these are my normal numbers.

My life isn't that active,i am a student and i usually spend my time at the university,studying or out with friends..:)

When i cut,it is very very hard for me,because even if i manage to stay at 10X kcal(1750) for 5 days(which is difficult i think),and then cheat a little at 3000 kcal,the average kcal is about 2000,so i have done nothing!!!!!!!!!
Do you think that i should take less kcal than 10X if I cut?

Before I started bodybuilding my calorie count was around the same as yours and I was 6'2" 190 lbs. I had never intentionally bulked or cut correctly. I just ate healthy. When I finally decided that I wanted to put on more muscle mass and minimize the amount of fat I ate the same foods I always had, just ate more of them.

To answer your question directly.....if you are cutting, I would keep your total calories at 10X and not go any lower. Depending on your metabolism and bodytype, "how" you eat can be just as important as "what" you eat when wanting to get your bodyfat exceptionally low.

Try breaking up your meals so that you are eating more often. Make sure you're drinking lots of water to keep your system clean. Keep the vast majority of your carbs in the morning and postworkout.

Good luck!

- Fletch

neilj
01-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Get down on the floor and pretend to convulse and spasm for 5 minutes, metabolism will increase.

Anything to bring about convulsive movements is good. When you are in the shower, try turning it to ice cold and time for 2 minutes while you spas out and yell and jump and convulse. I recomend this one personally.

There is also putting gold bond all over your body, it will induce spasmy actions.

ironlung
01-06-2003, 11:47 AM
neilj - I think youv'e had one to many injections holmes!

neilj
01-06-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by ironlung
neilj - I think youv'e had one to many injections holmes!

G Dawg, I was not joking though. silly milly!

ironlung
01-07-2003, 05:18 AM
I believe you weren't joking G.

You know chewing gum also will increase your metabolism as well as jacking off will, it's just a matter of choice.. if you choose to convulse on the floor, then that's your choice. In the current society we live in though, it may look a little strange, but then again, maybe people that know you would expect that from you.

neilj
01-07-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by ironlung
I believe you weren't joking G.

You know chewing gum also will increase your metabolism as well as jacking off will, it's just a matter of choice.. if you choose to convulse on the floor, then that's your choice. In the current society we live in though, it may look a little strange, but then again, maybe people that know you would expect that from you.

Such harsh attacks you employ upon me. They were witty though and I did laugh so I will not submitt a rebuttle.

Gum, I find makes me very hungry so I eat things, thus not good.

Jacking off very much so increases test and methabolism. Jacking off is actually part of my training. It is important to do.

Spasming is to be done on the floor, on soft carpet.

and lol, yes, people would expect such things from me, for I often say things that brake invisibile social barriers.

ta ta