PDA

View Full Version : ----- PREworkout shake & your fav SUPPLEMENT TIMING! HELP!

AUBURN
07-25-2006, 08:03 PM
Ok I have searched and cannot find any consensus. I have heard:

1. Shake 1hr BEFORE and your supplement, for example xceed, 30mins before as prescribed

2. 30 mins before, your supplement, and then DIRECTLY BEFORE your workout the shake.

3. 30 mins before, your supplement, and DURING your workout your shake.

Problems with each
1. taking your shake 30 mins before is going to hurt your absoption some. The other problem is your shake is an HOUR before I see that being too long for whey to get full benefits, its already digested, right?

2. Loss of the effects of your supplement because of the protein. The supplement should already be absorbed though and partially digested.

3. Same as in 2, but more spread out.

Help me guys I know many of us stuggle with this lets figure this out please post postworthy advice.

JadeDragon
07-25-2006, 08:05 PM
i take my shake an hour and a half before my workout. i wait an hour and then take my creatine. it's enough time to not affect absorbtion but close enough where you have enough calories to fuel your workout.

AZwildcats
07-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Here's what I do: I eat a preworkout meal around an hour and a half before I goto the gyms. Before the gym, approximately 15-20 minutes I mix up a glass of NOxplode or some preworkout cocktail of the sort... I usually use creatine after the workout followed by some more protein.

dbx
07-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Here's what I do: I eat a preworkout meal around an hour and a half before I goto the gyms. Before the gym, approximately 15-20 minutes I mix up a glass of NOxplode or some preworkout cocktail of the sort... I usually use creatine after the workout followed by some more protein.

Now you're talkin'. Real food always before workout (if you can), and I do the same with NO-X too. The shake is post w/o.

jpars
07-25-2006, 11:46 PM
all day- eat eat eat eat eat- when im not eating- take whey

exactly 1.5 hours before gym- big meal heavy water, always have meat in it, with something liek rice lots of carbs, i eat fruit with it too, this produces a bowel movement right before i go to gym including all my food from earlier part of day

25 minutes before gym (right before i leave home)- bowel movement :) , pound 2 scoops super pump 250. at this point i am full of all meal goodness with none of the crap...literally

arrive at gym take 5 caps optimum BCAA

lift, this is 35 minutes after SP250 and leaving home

sip Sizeon throughout workout finishing it with last set

immediately (as in within 3 minutes of last set) pound 48grams ON whey in water

get home shower

then about 1 hour 15 minutes after leaving gym and getting home, i eat again- high protein high carbs, low to no fat. good example is 24grams on whey, apple, leftover grilled chicken, etc etc

then make sure to spend 55.567 minutes in front of mirror because you WILL SEE GAINS

lachy
07-25-2006, 11:53 PM
hey guys just a quick question in relation to this thread, some people say to wait 45 mins after your workout b4 you eat because if you eat then the blood is diverted out of the muscle and used for digesting the food,

i always have my shake 5 mins post workout is the above theory correct at all?

cheers

jpars
07-26-2006, 12:12 AM
BS.

pound your shake
get home
and start downing food

your friggin tank is on empy and your body is hungry

lachy
07-26-2006, 12:24 AM
BS.

pound your shake
get home
and start downing food

your friggin tank is on empy and your body is hungry

thats what i was thinking mate, just wanted to clear it up

AUBURN
07-26-2006, 07:25 AM
OK, you have a meal 1.5-2 hrs before I know that I am talking SPECIFICALLY protein shake and your supplements!

HalleluYAH
07-26-2006, 09:00 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=754887

user8073964251
07-26-2006, 09:04 AM
heres me:

Wake up, eat good carbs/protein

hour later: take CEE

half hour later: sip 1 scoop of whey in water during workout

post workout: 1 scoop whey, in skim milk, with oats and a banana.

1 and half hour later: have another meal.

vegHead
07-26-2006, 09:06 AM
I usually eat a meal 45-60 minutes before I workout then 15-20 minutes beforhand I take whatever creatine im using mized with some cm.