PDA

View Full Version : whats healthier? brown rice or pinto beans?

chugg
07-25-2006, 07:35 PM
I am trying to cut alot of fat and am looking to replace my brown rice with pinto beans. Can I get some opinions or even facts? Any help would be greatly appreciated. FYI discovering this forum helps to push my lifting and diet. Its a great thing finding this forum. There is no bashing on here and everyone is very helpfull. Thank you all..

dbx
07-25-2006, 07:52 PM
I am trying to cut alot of fat and am looking to replace my brown rice with pinto beans. Can I get some opinions or even facts? Any help would be greatly appreciated. FYI discovering this forum helps to push my lifting and diet. Its a great thing finding this forum. There is no bashing on here and everyone is very helpfull. Thank you all..

You friggin idiot!........ j/k :D

Welcome Chugg. Brown rice is an excellent source of complex carbs and I would tell you NOT to delete them from your menu. In fact, combining your pinto beans with the rice has many health benefits! Beans -(Black eyed, Pinto, Red, Kidney, Black) are all excellent sources of fiber and comlex carbs.

kid.A
07-25-2006, 08:06 PM
if you are going to go with beans there are a few things you gotta know.

1) do not buy just any brand of canned beans just cuzz they are cheaper, most of them have SO MUCH SALT its pretty unbelievable.

2.) ALWAYS buy canned "organic beans" or "low-salt" because both have hardly any salt and taste just as good.

3.) i have tried a bunch of times to buy bags of dried beans and prepare them myself and have found that it takes way to much time, they never taste as good, you forget about them on the stove and burn your pot, once you successfully cook them you have to eat them pretty quick cuzz they dont store in yer fridge very well, they seem to give alot more gas when you makem yer self. BOTTOM LINE i really dont think dried is the way to go.

4.) buy organic canned, you will not regret it.

Hunterchilla
07-25-2006, 08:15 PM
if you like to fart alot go'ahead

Struct09
07-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Do a mixture of beans and rice and you have yourself a complete protein (and a good source of carbohydrates)!

chugg
07-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Yea I just made some on my own and I rather eat paint chips like I did when I was a kid. Yuck!!!