PDA

View Full Version : Official Animal Pump vs. Shock Therapy/Storm Thread

Universal Rep
07-25-2006, 11:45 AM
There's a raging debate at Universal who prefers what... Don't think that debate is gonna be settled any time soon. Lately, we've been deluged with emails--"Which is better, Animal Pump or Shock Therapy/Storm?" Not that we're gonna settle it here either, but we thought we'd get the discussion going.

So this thread is for those of you who've actually used Animal Pump or Shock Therapy/Storm... Which do you guys prefer? Which is better for what? What kind of results did you get on one? The other? It's time to say your piece...

G Diesel
07-25-2006, 11:56 AM
That is a tough one... I've used both with great results. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either.

However, personally, right now, I'm gonna go on record and vote for Pump. Why? Because I already drink so many f'in supps (Nitro G, EAA Stack, BCAA Stack, Real Gains). Because of this fact, I find the convenience of the pill form of Pump to be a big plus. Peace, G

steve39
07-25-2006, 02:27 PM
I love Animal Pump. I have tried Storm and Shock Therapy and I'd rather take AP because like G Diesel said, the pills are a HUGE convenience. And plus, I just love the whole Animal lineup and the articles on the website in general.

B-baldy
07-25-2006, 05:07 PM
I liked ST/Storm better. The boost from ST was much better, the pumps were much better as well. That said, AP is a very good product. I just found ST/Storm to be more effective.

Travis71902
07-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Hmmmm............need Animal Pump sample for comparison.:cool:

Double Eclipse
07-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Animal Pump get the vote here.So far, the reults have been impressive.ST/Storm is an excellent product and the tubs last a while longer. But the Pump works better for me, plus I can nix the red pill if I hit a late night lifting spell.

naturalguy
07-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Both are excellent.

Shock Therapy gives a little more "kick" as far as energy. They are both pretty equal in pumps, vascularity and strength gains.

I think it really comes down to whether or not you want pills or powder. I travel a lot for work so for me, the paks are easier to carry around but I have both products on hand.

Also with Pump I found that I don't need additional creatine, with Shock, I also needed Storm.

sobelik
07-26-2006, 07:51 AM
Hmmmm............need Animal Pump sample for comparison.:cool:
me too!!!

However I must say S/ST was very very good to me!! Im a big fan of MCC and I love how its in storm! How about adding it in to ST? On side note I love the grape flavor of storm, I enjoyed drinking that down like it was koolade!!

naturalguy
07-26-2006, 04:58 PM
me too!!!

However I must say S/ST was very very good to me!! Im a big fan of MCC and I love how its in storm! How about adding it in to ST? On side note I love the grape flavor of storm, I enjoyed drinking that down like it was koolade!!

I like the grape flavor Storm as well however I had to use more water than recommended to get it to taste right, it was a little too tart with less water.

Universal Rep
07-27-2006, 09:12 AM
I like the grape flavor Storm as well however I had to use more water than recommended to get it to taste right, it was a little too tart with less water.

Interesting observation. Anyone else had this experience--adding a little more water improves the flavor?

bbgolfer
07-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Interesting observation. Anyone else had this experience--adding a little more water improves the flavor?

Yes, definately. BUT I found it to be sort of the opposite. The taste was WAYY too sweet and strong with around a cup of water. I have to just about double it for it to taste good. On a side note, Storm tastes amazing.

EDIT: Shock is also similar. I have to fill up my entire shaker(20-25oz) for a little less than a full scoop. Shock tastes fairly good, not as good as Storm, but definately palatable. Just a little strong with the recommended fluids.

naturalguy
07-27-2006, 09:42 PM

With the regular amount of water, it was too tart for me but I am sure that everyone has different tastes.

Gettinpumped
07-30-2006, 08:54 AM
I just bought shock and storm. Do u guys take both pre and postworkout and do u mix them both together or drink them separately?

Madevilz
07-30-2006, 05:42 PM
I just bought shock and storm. Do u guys take both pre and postworkout and do u mix them both together or drink them separately?

I believe Shock is designed to be taken pre and Storm post.

Universal Rep
07-31-2006, 11:26 AM

What he said.

SSW
08-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by Madevilz

I noticed Storm can also be taken as a pre and post. What would be the difference of taking Storm pre and post instead of Shock therapy pre and storm post? Just the lack of stimulants?

Universal Rep
08-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Madevilz

I noticed Storm can also be taken as a pre and post. What would be the difference of taking Storm pre and post instead of Shock therapy pre and storm post? Just the lack of stimulants?

Good question Madevilz. If you were to replace the serving of Shock with Storm you would be removing the energy factors, nootropics and concentration boosters. So essentially you'd be losing out on the components that help to boost energy during your workout. Because of this most users prefer Shock Therapy pre and Storm post.

SSW
08-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Good question Madevilz. If you were to replace the serving of Shock with Storm you would be removing the energy factors, nootropics and concentration boosters. So essentially you'd be losing out on the components that help to boost energy during your workout. Because of this most users prefer Shock Therapy pre and Storm post.

So I would still get the pumps and strength increases, just basically lacking the caffeine, and focus agents? What do the nootropics do? Thanks for the quick response, you guys do a great job on here, very impressed with UN.

Universal Rep
08-01-2006, 12:44 PM
So I would still get the pumps and strength increases, just basically lacking the caffeine, and focus agents? What do the nootropics do? Thanks for the quick response, you guys do a great job on here, very impressed with UN.

Pretty much. Nootropics are basically compounds that help support brain function. In the gym, this means more focus.

SSW
08-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Is the Storm is more heavily dosed in creatine and the Shock Therapy more heavily in Nitric Oxide?

Universal Rep
08-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Is the Storm is more heavily dosed in creatine and the Shock Therapy more heavily in Nitric Oxide?

Yup.

DirtyDozen727
08-22-2006, 01:00 PM
I am really looking forward to trying both of these products in the future, though I can't decide which to try first.

If my priorities for what I am looking for go:

Creatine
Pump
Energy/Focus

Can someone recommend the better one to purchase.

ncangey0513
08-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Shock is very good, as well is Storm. Both two of the better products of their kind. As for Animal Pump, I just purchased my container the other day and I can't wait to start it! :cool:

Universal Rep
08-22-2006, 02:04 PM
I am really looking forward to trying both of these products in the future, though I can't decide which to try first.

Creatine
Pump
Energy/Focus

Can you clarify? What specifically are you looking for when you prioritize creatine?

Universal Rep
08-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Shock is very good, as well is Storm. Both two of the better products of their kind. As for Animal Pump, I just purchased my container the other day and I can't wait to start it! :cool:

Let us know how it goes bro. I'd be interested to see how Shock/Storm compares to Pump in your opinion. Later.

DirtyDozen727
08-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Can you clarify? What specifically are you looking for when you prioritize creatine?

Sorry I'll do my best to clear it up....prioritizing creatine is for a combo of the max absorption of the creatine along with the size/strength gains it gives. Meaning that I'd rather get the size/strength gains over lets say a pump from a NO product or the energy from caffeine, ect. If that makes sense...lol

warbird00
08-22-2006, 06:26 PM
which flavors are best?? grape or fruit punch???

dekka213
08-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Ive gotten some sick ass results with Storm and shock therapy as promised. My question is whether I should cycle off either one of them? If so what is recomended in the interim?

Universal Rep
08-23-2006, 08:40 AM
Sorry I'll do my best to clear it up....prioritizing creatine is for a combo of the max absorption of the creatine along with the size/strength gains it gives. Meaning that I'd rather get the size/strength gains over lets say a pump from a NO product or the energy from caffeine, ect. If that makes sense...lol

If creatine is your priority, then you might want to give the nod to Storm/Shock Therapy over Pump (more overall). Hope this helps bro.

Universal Rep
08-23-2006, 08:41 AM
which flavors are best?? grape or fruit punch???

Flavor and taste is subjective. Having said that, we're getting a ton a great feedback on the grape right now.

Universal Rep
08-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Ive gotten some sick ass results with Storm and shock therapy as promised. My question is whether I should cycle off either one of them? If so what is recomended in the interim?

You might consider cycling off the Shock, so that you don't get desensitized to the stims. Don't really need to replace it bro with a like product, though you could add other things (such as Animal Nitro, for example).

Lauerone
08-25-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm sensitive to stims, eg. i have to have a half dose of No Explode cos the caffeine makes me feel ill.

Would taking Animal Pump be a good idea for me? or will it just make me feel ****...

nosaj03
08-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Pump has been great. Im a die hard Xceed fan but I have to say Pump is definately one of my faves. Only down side is I dont really like taking pills so I look forward to using Storm shortly, just got to wait till it gets here! I didnt order ST because I was just mainly looking for a good creatine source but I will eventually stack both.

Universal Rep
08-28-2006, 08:53 AM
I'm sensitive to stims, eg. i have to have a half dose of No Explode cos the caffeine makes me feel ill.

Would taking Animal Pump be a good idea for me? or will it just make me feel ****...

Aside from the convenient "packs", one of the great things about Animal Pump is that you can remove the stims. If you don't want 'em, just remove the red capsule.

Universal Rep
08-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Pump has been great. Im a die hard Xceed fan but I have to say Pump is definately one of my faves. Only down side is I dont really like taking pills so I look forward to using Storm shortly, just got to wait till it gets here! I didnt order ST because I was just mainly looking for a good creatine source but I will eventually stack both.

Let us know how you like Storm and Storm/Shock Therapy bro. If you get the chance, post the comparison here for all the fellas here at BB.com. Later.

Animal Pump vs. Storm/Shock Therapy:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=853993

Shazer54
08-29-2006, 12:35 PM
I purchased some storm and received a free sample of S/T with it. I could have sworn it said to stack S and S/T together pre and take S post. Is this incorrect? From what I've read here it sounds like you just use S/T pre and S post. What is the proper stack?

G Diesel
08-29-2006, 12:40 PM
I purchased some storm and received a free sample of S/T with it. I could have sworn it said to stack S and S/T together pre and take S post. Is this incorrect? From what I've read here it sounds like you just use S/T pre and S post. What is the proper stack?

Depending on bodyweight, you could take a serving of Storm both pre and post, but the basic recommendation would be ST alone pre and Storm post... This will provide a potent dose of creatine, more than enough for a single day. Peace, G

sobelik
08-29-2006, 03:00 PM
any word on the pump sample.....

Universal Rep
09-07-2006, 01:52 PM
any word on the pump sample.....

Haven't heard anything formal yet, but will post more shortly.

Rev_Chris
09-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Depending on bodyweight, you could take a serving of Storm both pre and post, but the basic recommendation would be ST alone pre and Storm post... This will provide a potent dose of creatine, more than enough for a single day. Peace, G

Im Sorry if any of this is [o/t]

Can you clarify the bodyweight issue? I have been using Shock/Storm Pre and Storm post. I am currently 200lbs and approx 26% body fat (essentially I've only been body building 5 months or so and Im still losing my fat weight). Should I skip the pre workout storm and just take the Shock?

Also approximatly how much caffiene is in Shock vs AP? I know that at this point (after 4 weeks of No-x and 4 on Shock) I don't even feel it when I pop a 200mg caf pill. Im going to cycle the Shock off now that the 8th stim week is up does AP need the same thing?

Also I should say i knowticed a marked difference in my gains when I started taking the shock/storm combo. I am very impressed , Prior i was taking Kre-alk and No-X , they don't hold a combo to the SHock/Storm. I haven't tried the animal pump. But at 30$/mnth I might give it a go later.

Pinot
12-27-2006, 11:00 AM
I've used Animal Pump since it came out. I wanted to switch things up a bit for the new year, so yesterday I picked up some Shock Therapy and Storm. Im excited to see how these products work compared to Animal Pump.

Universal Rep
12-28-2006, 06:33 AM
I've used Animal Pump since it came out. I wanted to switch things up a bit for the new year, so yesterday I picked up some Shock Therapy and Storm. Im excited to see how these products work compared to Animal Pump.

Let us know what you think of the differences between the two, though I think I know the answer...

Liquidtensi0n
01-09-2007, 10:11 PM
OK, here's a question for you Universal reps (or anyone else wanting to chip in). Do your company proud and get me past some issues and I'll be trying some combo of the discussed products soon.

I am interested in ST or Pump. The value of these products to me is the energy boosters, and not the NO. I don't really get the pump effect that everyone talks about from them but the energy kick helps my gym performance significantly.

So the question is, why exactly do I need to use Storm at all? The ingredients seem to be mainly NO boosters and creatine. Why would you take NO post workout? I thought it was a good idea to limit NO usage to keep from becoming immune to it. And micronized creatine is already a staple in my post workout drinks. This also applies to non-workout days. Why take NO on off days and why would the creatine mix be any better than the micronized that I respond well to?

Reading this thread it seems like between ST and Pump, ST is the better energy booster so I am inclined to go that route (at least first) but at least right now, looking at the ingredients on Storm, I don't see the need for it. Tell me why I should buy it :)

Liquidtensi0n
01-09-2007, 10:42 PM
Let me throw another one down. You guys are saying that ST doesn't have much in the way of creatine. That might be a good thing for me because I am actually approaching the time to cycle off of it to give my receptors a break. Can someone tell me the exact amount it has? I am curious if it is little enough where taking it pre-workout only, 3-4x a week with no other forms of creatine for 2 months would be enough to give my receptors a break.

T-Pa1n
07-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Shock Therapy hands down. My throat already hurts from the pills i take from animal pak, shock mixes great and very easy, only 8 ounce of water needed.

I OuTsiDeR I
07-26-2007, 10:56 PM
No Jayman ...... This thread is not legit then ;)

heavyduty
07-27-2007, 05:06 AM
ST/Storm FTW! ST is my all time fav pre-worout NO-Energy supplement and Storm's the cherry on top! :D

DaveGabe24
07-27-2007, 05:56 AM
I drink my storm in 1 cup of water. I just chug it and then I'm on my way. I've yet to try Animal Pump however, but I can imagine the pill to be a very convenient aspect for those already drinking powder all much like myself.

Edit: I must give some props to Universal for coming up with such a strong, affordable creatine blend such a long time ago. Definitely earns my respect for one of my top all time favorite creatines.

Universal Rep
08-03-2007, 06:45 AM
I drink my storm in 1 cup of water. I just chug it and then I'm on my way. I've yet to try Animal Pump however, but I can imagine the pill to be a very convenient aspect for those already drinking powder all much like myself.

Edit: I must give some props to Universal for coming up with such a strong, affordable creatine blend such a long time ago. Definitely earns my respect for one of my top all time favorite creatines.

Pump is very convenient. Ultimately, it comes down to preference. Powder or pills?

Sohan
09-02-2007, 05:08 AM
Hey,

I want to still loose some body weight, and start to get muscle.

Would Animal pump and animal cut be a good mix?

I really don't like mixing the powders etc, and I liek the option to remove stimulants.

~Sohan

ThatArmyKid
09-05-2007, 07:38 PM
ive gone through 2 bottles of animal pump

-had good gains in strength but the pump kinda died out after the first bottle

i'm thinking about ordering storm/shock therapy have debit card in hand such a hard chopice so many great supplements out there

ups so far on shock therapy-
-50 servings per container thats 50 great workouts with crazy universal energy (i know because i had a sample thanks universal :P)
-price is great
-pump was aswome it was a leg day btw and i never really get big pumps on leg days
-no downs

i think i might just buy both right now...

universal=aswome company

naturalguy
09-06-2007, 02:21 AM
ive gone through 2 bottles of animal pump

-had good gains in strength but the pump kinda died out after the first bottle

i'm thinking about ordering storm/shock therapy have debit card in hand such a hard chopice so many great supplements out there

ups so far on shock therapy-
-50 servings per container thats 50 great workouts with crazy universal energy (i know because i had a sample thanks universal :P)
-price is great
-pump was aswome it was a leg day btw and i never really get big pumps on leg days
-no downs

i think i might just buy both right now...

universal=aswome company

Go for it. For the price you can't beat Shock Therapy.

Animal Rep
09-06-2007, 06:21 AM
Hey,

I want to still loose some body weight, and start to get muscle.

Would Animal pump and animal cut be a good mix?

I really don't like mixing the powders etc, and I liek the option to remove stimulants.

~Sohan

Hey bro, first things first, make sure ya got your diet and training in gear prior to starting out. Once ya got your plan of action covered, this is when you can throw in the supps. Pump and Cuts can be combined. I'd say if you're combining the two, take the first serving of Cuts on an empty stomach prior to breakfast and the second pack 3-4 hours later. Animal Pump take about 45 mins prior to working out. That should get ya started.

MattyH7688
09-06-2007, 06:23 AM
i liked animal pump more

Samsdaddy0525
09-06-2007, 07:22 AM
I prefer Shock Therapy and Storm. I have had excellent results using both products and using Storm just by itself. I think I am more receptive to powders as Animal Pump did virtually nothing for me. I was really disappointed too because I have read so many great reviews on it. Shock Therapy is the best pre workout NO product I have ever used. Storm is a staple for me.

gainmusclefast
09-06-2007, 07:24 AM
I prefer Shock Therapy and Storm. I have had excellent results using both products and using Storm just by itself. I think I am more receptive to powders as Animal Pump did virtually nothing for me. I was really disappointed too because I have read so many great reviews on it. Shock Therapy is the best pre workout NO product I have ever used. Storm is a staple for me.

how many scoops of storm did u take?

webdrifter
09-07-2007, 05:55 PM
I have to give my vote to the Shock/Storm combination. I get up very early to workout so I need that quick eye opening boost that Shock provides. Animal pump was great also, but took a little longer to kick in, and the boost wasn't as great.

1987GN
09-07-2007, 11:40 PM
I liked Animal Pump more than the ST/S. More convinient. I noticed more pumps as well.

St/S tastes like ass.

mattattack23
12-02-2007, 01:09 PM

Creatine
Pump
Energy/Focus

animal pump is better for creatine, pump, and focus
shock therapy better for energy

exub
12-02-2007, 03:43 PM
animal pump doesn't do much for me, however shock therapy and storm are amazing products. you guys really hit the ball on this one

B1GinNY82307
02-22-2008, 05:20 AM
I have tried Shock/Storm combo and loved it..
will be starting Pump b/c of my "cut" phase coming up and I will be sure to write a review in this thread and supplement logs forum as well..be on the look out..

cal62887
02-22-2008, 06:09 AM
I've tried both several times and would have to go with ST/Storm over Animal Pump.

-Storm is easy to take on off days
-Animal Pump on off days wastes the red-pill
-You can split the dosage of Storm if need be
-ST/Storm both taste delicious

Universal Rep
02-25-2008, 08:43 AM
Strong camps on both sides. For me, it comes down to:

1. Do I want a powder/shake or pills?
2. Do I need more energy or less before I lift?

pmiller383
02-25-2008, 09:33 AM
I tried shock therapy for the first time today, And I was pretty impressed
Taste 7/10
Very strong, wish I would have had more water but oh well.
Mix 10/10
No problems mixed very easily and was fully disolved.
Pump 9/10
Took a little bit for the pump to kick in but it was really solid and sustained once it hit. Would have gave it a ten but I had to cut a couple sets one rep short because I couldn't get the range of motion. Over Pumped almost
Energy 8/10
Real smooth and not over stimulated. Noticed the energy very quickly.
Focus 7/10
Got me in a good mindset, but this tailed off about half way through my workout.

Anyways thanks for the sample guys, I really enjoyed it.

kcinnitram91
05-14-2008, 09:17 AM
It's pump for me... but then again I am biased. :D

Universal Rep
05-15-2008, 09:13 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107677701&highlight=Animal+Pump+Shock+therapy

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106539021&highlight=Animal+Pump+Shock+therapy

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7202791&highlight=Animal+Pump+Shock+therapy

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6342671&highlight=Animal+Pump+Shock+therapy

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6049021&highlight=Animal+Pump+Shock+therapy

MrUniverse61
05-15-2008, 09:33 AM
That is a tough one... I've used both with great results. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either.

However, personally, right now, I'm gonna go on record and vote for Pump. Why? Because I already drink so many f'in supps (Nitro G, EAA Stack, BCAA Stack, Real Gains). Because of this fact, I find the convenience of the pill form of Pump to be a big plus. Peace, G

Agreed. I am on almost the whole line of ANIMAL supps and as well as some others and the pill form is very handy.

I have used both, yes, and I love the effects of both on me...but where I have been training heavier to get bigger..I feel PUMP gives me the energy and skin tearing pumps I need and want every workout.

Vote= Pump

compton378
05-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Would u guys say its better to take Pump (pre), EAA (during), then Bcaa stack if CUTTING?
Or would u do the ST/S with EAA during?

Im gana order the cuts, pak, flex, and eaa for sure jus debating on what i want post nd pre w/o

r_twice
05-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Will I get resulds on jus ST alone??

naturalguy
05-30-2008, 08:09 AM

You will notice increased energy, pump, focus and strength from Shock Therapy.

B Con
05-30-2008, 11:20 AM
I have tried both ST and Storm and Animal Pump... I have found that Pump is better for me..but ST/Storm is right behind it. But I am still a solid Pump supporter based on how it reacts with me and of how convienant it is to knock out the pills instead of mixing it up like G mentioned. But I mean anything with Universal/Animal and you're bound to be on the right path...solid line of products either way you look.

Universal Rep
06-03-2008, 09:49 AM

Define "results"? What are you looking for bro?

Ground_Chuck
06-06-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm wondering how Torrent works into this. I've been running Pump pre and Torrent post but I just thought I'd change it up a little and go with ST pre.

I guess I don't see the point of Storm in the run. Am I going to be a little low on creatine. I add creatine to my morning and evening protein shakes so I think I'm getting the base amount there.

Also I'm thinking of spiking the ST & Torrent with some bulk beta alanine and possiblity a little extra creatine if you guys think I'll be short.

Thanks, love Animal, currently running Pak, Cuts, Flex and the above products.

Universal Rep
06-06-2008, 07:02 AM
I'm wondering how Torrent works into this. I've been running Pump pre and Torrent post but I just thought I'd change it up a little and go with ST pre.

I guess I don't see the point of Storm in the run. Am I going to be a little low on creatine. I add creatine to my morning and evening protein shakes so I think I'm getting the base amount there.

Also I'm thinking of spiking the ST & Torrent with some bulk beta alanine and possiblity a little extra creatine if you guys think I'll be short.

Thanks, love Animal, currently running Pak, Cuts, Flex and the above products.

I agree with ya. With Shock Therapy/Torrent, you can def skip the Storm. If you're gonna buy some bulk mono, what ya can do is use 3g or so on off days, for when you're not taking Shock and Torrent. The other option is, of course, to take Shock Therapy/Torrent on training days, and a single serving of Storm on off days.

Universal Rep
06-06-2008, 07:06 AM
Another discussion comparing Shock Therapy to Animal Pump: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=305

TheStiffmeister
06-06-2008, 08:58 AM
I love Animal Pump. I have tried Storm and Shock Therapy and I'd rather take AP because like G Diesel said, the pills are a HUGE convenience. And plus, I just love the whole Animal lineup and the articles on the website in general.

that is def the big benefits of the paks, you can take them anywhere so easily.

kcinnitram91
06-07-2008, 12:58 PM
that is def the big benefits of the paks, you can take them anywhere so easily.

It's definitely one of my favorite features, especially being a student and all.

Rob Awesome
06-08-2008, 07:07 AM
I'm going to toss my 5 cents in...

A Review I JUST did on a Sample Pack I had lying around of Animal Pump.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108400011

ChristmasFnatic
07-14-2008, 08:27 AM
OK Animal Reps, here are my questions...

I never tried NO or energy giving products pre-workout, and I want to. Im from the Philippines so I have to pick carefully, order ahead, and spend wisely cuz of their prices here.

- Im already taking creatine daily.
- I want something that will give me energy, to make me go "in the zone" for the next 1-2 hours of training. Cuz work(driving to work alone is an hour!), sex and whatnot is draining as it is! lol...
- I want to finish each reps and still hunger for more!!!
- by the time Ill get what I order, Ill be in transition from bulking to cutting... so something that is good with both is better for me
- Also, what do you guys mean by "pumps"?
- I dont mind if its pills or powder.

THANKS!

purts
07-14-2008, 08:33 AM
I'm loving ST/Storm so far. It's been a week or so and I enjoy every day of it. Torrent is coming soon too.

LittleMan55
07-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Ok so if your looking for solid pumps with a constant energy flow then Animal Pump is the winner... If you need the mega jump start on the grogy day, then its ST! Both work equally well for what they are designed to do.

so which one is the winner... Anyone who takes either, because its a win-win!

kcinnitram91
07-14-2008, 09:02 AM
I will be using Shock/Storm in my upcoming stack. Havn't used it in a really long time so I'm pretty excited about it.

Universal Rep
09-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Bumpin as we reps have been getting some questions on this lately. And now that the "Big Picture" promo is going on, fellas may want to know more about Pump vs. Shock.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110672371

DiMattia43
10-14-2008, 12:29 PM
just started Shock...

i do Torrent after workout

is that enough creatine or should i add storm??

thanks

burningsouls
10-14-2008, 01:15 PM
shock therapy is hard to beat

Universal Rep
10-15-2008, 06:42 AM
just started Shock...

i do Torrent after workout

is that enough creatine or should i add storm??

thanks

On training days, it's enough. But you're not taking Torrent or Shock on off days, so you'll need to fill that in. Many use Storm as that filler.

B Con
10-15-2008, 06:49 AM
I agree with using Storm on your off days. Gotta keep that creatine in the system...

For me the debate is over, Animal Pump hands down :D

Animal Rep
10-15-2008, 06:59 AM
On training days, it's enough. But you're not taking Torrent or Shock on off days, so you'll need to fill that in. Many use Storm as that filler.

I personally like to use Universal Creatine powder on my off days. It is cheap and basic. I take 3-5 grams on my non training days.

B1GinNY82307
I agree with using Storm on your off days. Gotta keep that creatine in the system...

hahaha....well B Con spoke...so

/thread..

:D

Animal Rep

Glad to see you are on my side and not U-Rep's...lol

Animal Rep
10-15-2008, 07:02 AM
I had a sample of Shock laying around the apartment the other day so I was like what the hell I took it along with my Animal Pump and let me tell you the pump I had going in my chest was insane. After my first 2 sets of flat bench my veins were popping, my energy was up, and I loved it. Give it a try fellas and let me knwo what you think

Scoiel
10-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Animal Rep and followers-

Tried sending this via Private Message, but was told you're inbox was flooded. This method is next-best. Hope you get it.

I've been battling depression for about the last 2 years, and unfortunatly I nearly lost the battle when about 3 months ago I attempted suicide. I'm sharing this with you, because I have begun to get the help I need and the few close friends that have risen to the top in my life, as well as the professional counselor I've begun seeing, have all said I should continue w/ my workouts because it's the only place in life I'm truly happy. The only place I veel truly successfull.

The reason I'm telling you this is because I only started to workout after reading out, and taking, some of Universal supplements. I began with Animal Pak, and that was 6 months ago. Now with my friends and family's encouragement I've decided to goto the local college for a 2 yr degree in Exercise and Fitness Technologies.

I wanted to say thank you, to you and to Universal Nutrition. To you because I read all you're posts in the forum, I think about every piece of advice you offer up to others in order to apply to my own life. I wanted to thank Universal for providing such comprehensive and in-depth supps for my physical growth and mental recovery.

I know I can earn back the respect I lost with people when I attempted suicide with Universal's support w/ supps and you're knowledge. Thank you again.

B1GinNY82307
10-15-2008, 07:43 AM
I had a sample of Shock laying around the apartment the other day so I was like what the hell I took it along with my Animal Pump and let me tell you the pump I had going in my chest was insane. After my first 2 sets of flat bench my veins were popping, my energy was up, and I loved it. Give it a try fellas and let me knwo what you think

Does sound intriguing but I think it may be a bit much in regards to stimulants for me.

Animal Rep
10-15-2008, 07:45 AM
Animal Rep and followers-

Tried sending this via Private Message, but was told you're inbox was flooded. This method is next-best. Hope you get it.

I've been battling depression for about the last 2 years, and unfortunatly I nearly lost the battle when about 3 months ago I attempted suicide. I'm sharing this with you, because I have begun to get the help I need and the few close friends that have risen to the top in my life, as well as the professional counselor I've begun seeing, have all said I should continue w/ my workouts because it's the only place in life I'm truly happy. The only place I veel truly successfull.

The reason I'm telling you this is because I only started to workout after reading out, and taking, some of Universal supplements. I began with Animal Pak, and that was 6 months ago. Now with my friends and family's encouragement I've decided to goto the local college for a 2 yr degree in Exercise and Fitness Technologies.

I wanted to say thank you, to you and to Universal Nutrition. To you because I read all you're posts in the forum, I think about every piece of advice you offer up to others in order to apply to my own life. I wanted to thank Universal for providing such comprehensive and in-depth supps for my physical growth and mental recovery.

I know I can earn back the respect I lost with people when I attempted suicide with Universal's support w/ supps and you're knowledge. Thank you again.

Got your PM bro, I am responding now

Animal Rep
10-15-2008, 07:46 AM
Does sound intriguing but I think it may be a bit much in regards to stimulants for me.

Yeah thats tru, this would not be meant for those very sensitive to stims. Although you could take the red pill out of Pump and it would work.

B Con
10-15-2008, 08:30 AM
hahaha....well B Con spoke...so

/thread..

:D

LOL... thanks Big... haha

Glad to see you are on my side and not U-Rep's...lol

What's an Acolyte to do? :rolleyes:

Holy mother of stims... I am giving that a try next shock sample I get :eek:

On a serious note, wow Scoiel thanks for that post. I wish you the best in all your future endeavors and if you need anything don't hesitate to ask. If you have a log up or a journey please PM me the link. Great work.

Animal Rep
10-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Holy mother of stims... I am giving that a try next shock sample I get :eek:

Keep me posted bro

B Con
10-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Keep me posted bro

Always will.

music_man185
12-06-2008, 07:33 AM
i'm considering universal shock as my no2 and creatine supplement. i thought it had pretty much the same creatine complex as animal pump. but it seems most people use storm with shock therapy. does that mean i should add another source of creatine with shock therapy?

naturalguy
12-06-2008, 07:55 AM
i'm considering universal shock as my no2 and creatine supplement. i thought it had pretty much the same creatine complex as animal pump. but it seems most people use storm with shock therapy. does that mean i should add another source of creatine with shock therapy?

Shock was designed to be stacked with another creatine product, Storm or Torrent are good choices.

Vinda-lou
12-06-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm starting up a SHOCK and TORRENT stack this week. I've done it before, and had a lot of success. You get some creatine pre and post, which I feel covers all the bases. This is one of my favorite stacks.

Maiden69
03-31-2009, 08:48 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I started doing this almost 2 weeks ago and it is amazind! My first arm workout my arms actually hurt from the pump I attained! I'm taking the red pill out and taking it 20 min before taking my Shock Therapy, I think that from now this will be my pre-WO mix!

daniel_GNT
04-01-2009, 10:45 AM
hey guys, can someone tell me if it is OK to mix Animal Pump or Shock Therapy/Storm with Whey protein or superior amino 2222 ???

daniel_GNT
04-01-2009, 10:46 AM
OR something else, that can gain musle :S

naturalguy
04-01-2009, 10:55 AM
hey guys, can someone tell me if it is OK to mix Animal Pump or Shock Therapy/Storm with Whey protein or superior amino 2222 ???

Do you mean take it at the same time? Yes you can

Maiden69
04-01-2009, 04:32 PM

All in one shake??? Because it will be good as a pre-post stack. And why the thumb down on the post?

Universal Rep
06-17-2009, 11:18 AM
oldie but goodie

BrayDub
12-10-2009, 04:52 PM
can u stack shock therapy with animal pump? i got a sample pack off both and want a good work out should i stak them or try them on seprate days

naturalguy
12-10-2009, 05:25 PM
can u stack shock therapy with animal pump? i got a sample pack off both and want a good work out should i stak them or try them on seprate days

There is no need to stack them both, take one or the other

eneyman
12-10-2009, 06:02 PM
I've used all three, for pump, it was a decent preworkout pack but I didn't particularly feel much energy wise. I went through a tub of shock therapy but also found that it made me way too jittery and the punch flavor did not agree with my stomach.

Storm on the other hand is great and I feel it is an under appreciated creatine post workout drink. I had pretty good results with storm and would love to try the new flavor.

brian8
02-16-2010, 09:55 PM
purchasing whichever one takes longer to get used to.. I got used to white flood way to quick and it didnt do anything for me..
Any advice thank you

brian8
02-17-2010, 11:33 AM
bump up

PainIsJustWeakness
02-17-2010, 12:12 PM
bump up

Both sets of products are great, infact i think http://www.universalnutrition.com/ still has animal pump as a sample request. I love animal pump but some time i just switch it up and grab some storm/shock therapy.

brian8
02-17-2010, 02:33 PM
ty I filled out some sample request thing somewhere I just hope that I can try it out so that I will know if I should purchase 1

bestinbiz
06-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Dear Universal Rep,
I started taking Animal Pak about two weeks ago after trying other multi-vitamins, and It's been great as I am a Pro-Wrestler so we have to take a lot of bumps and Animal Pak has helped me recover and kept in good health..I wanted to thank you guys for making a GREAT Product...Now I don't want to take advantage but I am really looking forward to use Animal Pump/M-Stak or TEST but wanted to see If you can help me get some first to try... I would always be a valued customer for ANIMAL PAK's until I can Lift weights...I will also let all my friends and pro-wrestlers know about your products, if you can send me some Animal clothing just to show off...if not then it's OK but I am still very happy with Universal Nutrition.....Hope to hear from you...
--
Thanks and Regards
Sirish Bhavnani

ANIMALbear
08-04-2011, 02:21 PM

i havnt taken any of them, but my stak, since i just love the atmosphere of UNIVERSAL nd my favorite athletes are EVAN, MC GRAATH, exct. im kinda repp'n UNIVERSAL im buying shirts supps and gym bag of course.

heres my stak, im trying to get bigger, so im adding more weight, eating more but. - THATS WHERE MY SUPPS COME IN, IM TAKING A MULTIVIATMIN, its not animal, just a reg.

im ordering 1 PRO & OATS ; 2 UNIVERSAL REAL GAINS; 3 UNIVERSAL STORM; 4 ( animal pak= debatable) 5 universal glutamine

now i messeged a trainee on our forums an he said STORM + REAL GAINS would help. in here,(this forum) it can be used as a pre workout,RAGE, PUMP, STORM, ST would be the best, but ppl are commenting on PUMP/ ST/ STORM so i think ill go with STORM for pre

but i wanted to know if my stak was good for a nice MASS GAINER/ PRE WORKOUT/ RECOVERY

last thing, on the site i think you guys would get more money if you lowered the prices on here (bodybuilding.com) 3 products i got great prices on rather then the official UNIVERSALUSA.COM / ANIMALPAK.COM THE OTHER 4 products i got great discounts on at ( ******************S.COM ) *which is mostly 99% of the time cheaper then BODYBUILDING.COM

anubisr9
03-01-2012, 12:26 AM
I had a sample of Shock laying around the apartment the other day so I was like what the hell I took it along with my Animal Pump and let me tell you the pump I had going in my chest was insane. After my first 2 sets of flat bench my veins were popping, my energy was up, and I loved it. Give it a try fellas and let me knwo what you think Man that sounds like a great idea... I was thinking about using rage together with Pump, but Shock instead looks like a better approach

anubisr9
03-01-2012, 12:31 AM
I Have used Shock/storm... I have used pump as well and I kinda switch from one to another and still not sure which one to stick with!
If you analize the shock/storm combination it looks a lot more comprehensive... lots more ingredients for your money... pump seems to be under dosed on the Nitric Oxide... but logic doesn't apply here because Pump works better than all other pre workout stuff out there!!! the big question here is WHY? with only 2 grams of NO precursors

Universal Rep
03-02-2012, 06:25 AM
Man that sounds like a great idea... I was thinking about using rage together with Pump, but Shock instead looks like a better approach

Rage + Pump is solid (minus the red capsule)...

The all new Shock Therapy... Would replace Rage & Pump as it has both...

smoothballer
03-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Rage + Pump is solid (minus the red capsule)...

The all new Shock Therapy... Would replace Rage & Pump as it has both...

Had some samples while at the Arnold...going to be a staple pre product for sure. And the flavors are out of the world

Universal Rep
03-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Had some samples while at the Arnold...going to be a staple pre product for sure. And the flavors are out of the world

Agreed.

CHL > GA > HP

smoothballer
03-05-2012, 09:15 AM
CHL > GA > HP

Same here...

Universal Rep
03-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Same here...

Well, truth be told... PT > CHL > GA > HP

amgrif2
06-24-2012, 11:02 AM
First off, the new shock therapy and the storm combo is great, i could definitely see myself sticking with this stack. Just had a quick question about the ST/Storm stack though, would it make any difference if i took ST and storm prewo and then storm again post in my shake or would my i just not be utilizing all the creatine and it'd go to waste?

sampalios
06-28-2012, 07:59 AM
What he said.

could i do storm 1hr pre bc creatine takes longer to get utilized and take shock therapy 30mins prior to workout? also could one add atomic 7 during workout and torrent post workout to this stack?

sampalios
06-28-2012, 08:20 AM
i currently just purchased a large universal order and i want to know if its a good stack. here's what i'll be taking and how i'll be taking it.

Animal pak- after breakfast
Animal omega- after lunch
Animal flex- after dinner
Storm- 1 hr pre workout
Shock therapy- 30mins pre workout
Atomic 7- during workout
Torrent- post workout
Animal PM 30mins prior to bed

is there a better way to take it and is there anything i could at to the mix?

Universal Rep
07-11-2012, 06:48 AM
First off, the new shock therapy and the storm combo is great, i could definitely see myself sticking with this stack. Just had a quick question about the ST/Storm stack though, would it make any difference if i took ST and storm prewo and then storm again post in my shake or would my i just not be utilizing all the creatine and it'd go to waste?

My rec would be to pick 1x and go with it... Either pre or post. Ya don't need to take two servings of Storm. Be sure to take 1 serving of Storm on non-trainin days tho...

could i do storm 1hr pre bc creatine takes longer to get utilized and take shock therapy 30mins prior to workout? also could one add atomic 7 during workout and torrent post workout to this stack?

Dont need to overthink it with creatine. Just take the Storm when its easiest for ya. Seriously. Can ya? Absolutely. That would be a terrifying stack... Shock pre-, Atomic 7 intra-, and Torrent post-... Terryfying in a good way of course, haha.

i currently just purchased a large universal order and i want to know if its a good stack. here's what i'll be taking and how i'll be taking it.

Animal pak- after breakfast
Animal omega- after lunch
Animal flex- after dinner
Storm- 1 hr pre workout
Shock therapy- 30mins pre workout
Atomic 7- during workout
Torrent- post workout
Animal PM 30mins prior to bed

is there a better way to take it and is there anything i could at to the mix?

Looks great brotha. Solid stack.