PDA

View Full Version : Prolab NLarge2, best protein powder, what about bars?

mikej3131
07-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Hello,

I have been out of the lifting scene for about a year now and need some advice on a couple things.

Ok, first thing is first, Protein shakes. When i used to lift i would take Prolab NLarge2 vanilla and nothing else. The reason why is because I heard good reviews from it on teenbodybuilding.com, I liked the taste. But most importantly, from what I read, it was what I was looking for. My goal is to gain muscle/weight but not increase my fat by that much. I do not have a lot of fat on me at all to begin with and I do not gain muscle/weight easily so the reason why I bought NLarge2 is because it supposedly packed the muscle on for hard gainers because it has a lot of carbs. I drank this shake for 3 years of lifting and was satisfied(not over satisfied) with my results.
Now my question is that, given my body type and situation, does anybody know of any protein powder out there that is better than this one and why? I donít care about taste and I donít want to get fat, so no heavy duty weight gainers. I will be taking this shake right after workout and in the morning.

Ok now onto the Protein bars. I am going to need some protein bars to take while I am at work. I probly will be only taking 4 bars a week. I used to take Met-rx 100 chocalate chip cookie dough. They tasted great and I just thought they would be good suppliments because MET-Rx is a popular brand. After reading up on these things last week, I read that these include other types of protein instead of just whey protein. I heard whey is the best so im second guessing on how good these bars are. Now given my body type and situation again(I like the carbs cause I donít gain muscle easily), are these bars a good choice, and if not, what are?

My last question is about slow digesting proteins. I am thinking about taking a slow digesting protein shake at nihght before I go2 bed. My question is are there any slow digesting carbs? If there isnít slow digesting carbs, then what can I take with these slow digesting protein to help it pump into my muscles overnight? Also, what are some good foods that contain these slow digesting proteins?

Thanks for the help,
Mike

The Big Texan
07-25-2006, 06:43 AM
Some good protein bars would be:
VPX Zero Impact Bars
ISS Research Pro 42 Bars

Soulcyri
07-25-2006, 06:53 AM
slow digesting carbs would be something like oatmeal or wheat bread I believe. if you want slow digesting protein and don't mind eating instead of drinking, you could do what i do which is eat fat free cottage cheese right before you goto bed.

mikej3131
07-25-2006, 08:20 AM
VPX Zero Impact Bars
ISS Research Pro 42 Bars

Why are these good protein bars? does anyone know about the stuff i use to take and what are the benefits and bad things about it?

slow digesting carbs would be something like oatmeal or wheat bread I believe. if you want slow digesting protein and don't mind eating instead of drinking, you could do what i do which is eat fat free cottage cheese right before you goto bed.
Is bread, in general a slow digesting carb? Yeah i heard about cottage cheese, i dont realy liek the taste. What other proteins are slow digesting?