PDA

View Full Version : Whats so bad with milk?

ostov
07-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Hi!
What is so bad with skimmed milk?
I want to add muscle and dont gain fat so easy

JustLost
07-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Milk is fine. It doens'thave to be skimmed, either. depending on your fat requirements, you can drink 2% or even whole milk.

Milk Avoidance

Milk and bodybuilding go hand and hand, right? Well there's a ton of myths out there that claim milk makes individuals add and store fat. Before I go into detail, I just want to say that whether or not you consume milk is your own personal preference and you should continue avoiding milk if you're lactose intolerant, bloat due to milk consumption, or have some other milk allergy. But if you're a bodybuilder that has none of these characteristics and you avoid milk due to the myths and speculation, listen up! The truth is, milk is great for bodybuilding purposes. Milk contains cogent anti-catabolic properties, insulinogenic properties that are ideal for the post workout period, a quality amino acid profile, and a wide array of vitamins and minerals. It's also a cheap protein source, and even makes your protein shakes taste 10 times better. Milk is so anti-catabolic/anabolic that it has outperformed whey protein in human research thus far! In conclusion, it all comes down to your personal preferences. If you bloat when drinking milk or have a milk allergy, then by all means, avoid it. But if you're simply avoiding this anti-catabolic substance because of the misinformed media and foolish speculation, then you make want to think twice about milk.

jmac3178
07-23-2006, 03:15 PM
imo there is nothing wrong with skim milk, I drink it all the time. skim milk is just more processed than the 1% , 2% and whole milk. some ppl say its bad for u, and some don't. I would say it has more positives for u than negatives.

nc9892
07-23-2006, 03:49 PM
just treat it like you would any other carb

The Big Texan
07-23-2006, 06:30 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with milk, although many people don't approve of it. However, I would use skim milk if you are bulking or cutting because it has a lot less saturated (bad) fat in it. I have 16 oz. of milk everyday with my breakfast and sometimes with other meals. Drink up!

DLFB
07-23-2006, 08:11 PM
If you're a hard gainer like myself use 2%. It helped me out a damn lot. Trust me.

Just dont eat oatmeal and drink milk for bfast. Your stomach will feel WEIRD for the rest of the day =/

Maximum6
07-23-2006, 10:01 PM
cows are pumped with estrogen so they can produce more milk with the demands ....

milk isn't bad.... but think about what i said before you go ahead and drink half a gallon a day.

DWhealthy
07-24-2006, 11:46 AM
cows are pumped with estrogen so they can produce more milk with the demands ....

milk isn't bad.... but think about what i said before you go ahead and drink half a gallon a day.

word.
Thats why I go with organic

crazymutha
07-24-2006, 05:30 PM

true