PDA

View Full Version : Fruit

Sun tzu
07-23-2006, 03:01 AM
They say it is good to eat fruit in the morning (empty stomach) in order to absorb all the vitamins and minerals, but I have also heard that you should only have one sort of fruit. Any information on the subject?

PopeGregorius
07-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Sounds like nonsense. I eat fruit at any time.

saw14
07-23-2006, 03:46 AM
Sounds like nonsense. I eat fruit at any time.
agreed, why limit yourself from God's candy? if you like one type of fruit eat up, but if you like more vary your sources. every kind of fruit has different nutritional benefits that are worth the price of consumption.

in10city
07-23-2006, 04:48 AM
They say it is good to eat fruit in the morning (empty stomach) in order to absorb all the vitamins and minerals, but I have also heard that you should only have one sort of fruit. Any information on the subject?
Where did you 'hear' that from? Some 16 year old pontificating again? Or one of the food combining experts?

40-Yard Dash_2
07-23-2006, 05:24 AM

Just eat a variety of 3-5 servings a day and don't worry about the misinformation that has been handed to you.

jagxk800
07-23-2006, 09:21 AM
IMHO, fruit is fine to eat any time. I like to have a little fruit salad (bananas, strawberrys, grapes, watermelon) before my workout. I find I have TONS more energy when I do that.

msundi83
07-23-2006, 09:56 AM
eat what fits into you daily caloric needs...tah dah!

Jim_Gym
07-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Fruit is awesome. Don't be scared of the natural sugars. I eat four or so servings per day of fruit in the first half of the day- every single day- and I am well into single digit bodyfat at age 37.

jagxk800
07-23-2006, 10:02 AM
eat what fits into you daily caloric needs...tah dah!

bingo bango bongo

ripped_holla
07-23-2006, 12:38 PM
Fruit is awesome. Don't be scared of the natural sugars. I eat four or so servings per day of fruit in the first half of the day- every single day- and I am well into single digit bodyfat at age 37.
Same way I do it - try to 'limit' it to the first half of the day. By the final meals I'm sticking to almost no carbs and what carbs I do have are from green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, mixed veggies, etc. As far as fruit goes, I usually have 2-3 servings per day of nice fresh fruit now that it's summer (peaches, nectarines, plums, apples, etc)

StandTall
07-23-2006, 01:21 PM
I limit most of it to before lunch 1 1/2 apples, kiwifruit, banana. After lunch its an apple and then with my cottage cheese before it bed its the other half of the apple. I use to fully limit carbs from 4pm but its what your brain runs on and im studying my masters at the moment. Sleep is an important time for memory consolidation and your brain needs some carbs to be an optimal condition to do it. I would have to say i have noticed a difference just adding a few carbs before bed and it has also helped with sleep.

msundi83
07-23-2006, 01:27 PM
I limit most of it to before lunch 1 1/2 apples, kiwifruit, banana. After lunch its an apple and then with my cottage cheese before it bed its the other half of the apple. I use to fully limit carbs from 4pm but its what your brain runs on and im studying my masters at the moment. Sleep is an important time for memory consolidation and your brain needs some carbs to be an optimal condition to do it. I would have to say i have noticed a difference just adding a few carbs before bed and it has also helped with sleep.

actually, on a ketogenic diet your brain can adjust to using ketones for energy.

PinoyBuilder17
07-23-2006, 02:14 PM
eat your colors!!!!!!!

StandTall
07-23-2006, 06:33 PM
actually, on a ketogenic diet your brain can adjust to using ketones for energy.

Well thats true for alot of things i.e. the bodys ability to adapt it deffinitly dosnt mean its optimal which is what im looking for.

tranceaddict
07-23-2006, 06:34 PM
i think they recommend eating fruit first thing in the morning to up the glycogen levels..
so an apple would be alright

msundi83
07-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Well thats true for alot of things i.e. the bodys ability to adapt it deffinitly dosnt mean its optimal which is what im looking for.

I think pretty sure either is okay. I don't think one is necessarily optimal as long as your calories are in check.