PDA

View Full Version : If You're On Keto, You'll Love This Pizza Recipe

Roxie
01-03-2003, 08:40 AM
I have posted that I had a pizza recipe that was good while on Keto, and recieved numerous pm's asking for the recipe. I thought it be a good idea to just post it with it's own thread, since there are many people following the Keto diet. Now this is very calorie dense and I only eat it while I am having a HUGE pizza craving. So enjoy :)

4-oz cream cheese
3 eggs
1/3 cup cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 cups mixed italian cheese (I also used the Mexican cheese blend and it is fine)
1/2 cup pizza sauce (I used Healthy Choice Pizza sauce)
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
pizza toppings of your choice:
pepperoni ,ham, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, bacon, browned sausage or seasoned ground beef, additional parmesan cheese for topping
Preheat oven to 375
Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth. Add cream, parmesan cheese, and spices and mix again.
Spray oblong casserole dish with PAM. Sprinkle 2 cups italian cheeses into dish and pour egg mixture over it. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Spread on pizza sauce, sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and pile with your favorite toppings. Then sprinkle with more parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake til bubbly and browning. Allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting.
I think this is as close to the real thing as you can get !
Happy pizza!! Yeah!

Roxie :)

Original Poster
01-03-2003, 08:50 AM
Yum. ;)

Roxie
01-03-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Chi_town
Yum. ;) :D You have to try it sometime....It really does taste like the real thing!! :)

Anxed
01-03-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Roxie
:D You have to try it sometime....It really does taste like the real thing!! :)

Ive got the woman getting those supplies this weekend! Im SOOO trying this.. thanks for the recipe!

Roxie
01-03-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Anxed
Ive got the woman getting those supplies this weekend! Im SOOO trying this.. thanks for the recipe! :D No problem, let me know what you think of it :)

Original Poster
01-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Anxed
Ive got the woman getting those supplies this weekend!

You sexist PIG. LOL

Anxed
01-03-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Chi_town
You sexist PIG. LOL

no, Im a sexist prick! :D

at least.. thats what she tells me...LOL! :D

ade
01-04-2003, 05:02 AM
Holy moses! I'm salivating already. Thanks roxie.

Roxie
01-04-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by ade
Holy moses! I'm salivating already. Thanks roxie. No problem, hope you guys like it...I know I really do :)

fitnessman
01-04-2003, 10:24 AM
Sounds really good!

I make a quick one now and then.

Put peperoni in microwave on paper towels and zap until crisp, throw on some tomato sauce, cheese, japaleno pepers and bake untill cheese melts. Quick and easy!

Roxie
01-04-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by fitnessman
Sounds really good!

Put peperoni in microwave on paper towels and zap until crisp, throw on some tomato sauce, cheese, japaleno pepers and bake untill cheese melts. Quick and easy! Yummy, that'll be good for a quick fix when I just can't wait to bake my pizza recipe!! Thanks Fitnessman :)

97LT1
01-05-2003, 06:46 AM
Sounds delicious!

Bump for Fittnessan's "Pepperoni Palooza"! :D

But real messy for me. :o

fitnessman
01-05-2003, 08:54 AM
LOL!

The crispy pepperoni make a great snack by themselves as well.

Again this is a now and then thing, due to high sat. fat.

97LT1
01-05-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by fitnessman
LOL!

The crispy pepperoni make a great snack by themselves as well.

Again this is a now and then thing, due to high sat. fat. True. But i'm not cutting yet......

*Beeeeep!*

:D

Haywood Jablome
12-08-2006, 12:30 PM
old school bump

Roxie
12-09-2006, 12:02 PM
old school bump

LOL!! Thanks :)

jwdjrs
12-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Sounds really good!

Put peperoni in microwave on paper towels and zap until crisp, throw on some tomato sauce, cheese, japaleno pepers and bake untill cheese melts. Quick and easy!This does sound good, I'll give it a try. Don't know if it sounds as good as the 12 pack and slim jims you were talking about the other day :D

Al Swearengen
12-18-2006, 11:46 AM
Going to make it tomorrow, sounds real good.

Green Thumb
12-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Can anyone vouch for this recipe?

What is Keto? Is this a low carb diet?

Thanks

Roxie
12-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Can anyone vouch for this recipe?

What is Keto? Is this a low carb diet?

Thanks

Low carb yes

So far 5 members have made this recipe and love it

AL above you is one of them, and his kids loved it as well :D

Al Swearengen
12-28-2006, 09:53 AM
For sure, we all enjoyed that pizza. :)

Roxie
12-28-2006, 01:01 PM
For sure, we all enjoyed that pizza. :)

Thank you! Glad to hear that :)

coltsfan0305
12-29-2006, 04:07 PM
damn....that does sound good

JoeDirtBody
02-20-2007, 07:48 PM
bump. ill make this eventually.

Enote
02-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks Roxie, Imma try it this weekend. *best stewie impression* God help you if it doesn't turn out good woman!! lol

Hmmm hey 97LT1, I remember your name from like 3-4 years ago, you were from MA right?

Roxie
02-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Thanks Roxie, Imma try it this weekend. *best stewie impression* God help you if it doesn't turn out good woman!! lol

Hmmm hey 97LT1, I remember your name from like 3-4 years ago, you were from MA right?

AWESOM!! Let me know what you think of it!

SupaNatural
02-21-2007, 10:42 AM
I've done something similar w/o the "crust" and it was great! Time to try it with! Thanks!

Brybaldwin
02-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Bumping for those who may have missed it (I almost did!)

Roxie
02-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Stock up for the weekend and try this :D

Roxie
03-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Definitely making this this weekend, Vendors dropped off pizza twice this week and I was good :cool: But sooo craving pizza!!

YES!! :D

slag
03-16-2007, 07:33 PM
wow, i just realized how old this thread is

gymratluke
04-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Sweet!!!

siamesedream
04-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Were I cheating, I'd just order the real thing instead. Then again, I'm not on keto as it is, so am altogether pointless and worthless to this thread.

Hi, everyone, how are you doing? Okay? Great.

AlbinoGerbil
06-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Definitely making this this weekend, Vendors dropped off pizza twice this week and I was good :cool: But sooo craving pizza!!

YES!! :D

Just making note of the recipe and give this thread a most taste-worthy bump.

Roxie
04-05-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm making this again tonight :D

US_Ranger
04-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Looks nice and unhealthy to me.

Maybe keto's ok for "looking" good but it sure as hell involves crappy food.

Roxie
04-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Here is what it looks like :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/Roxie12u/PIZZAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

MesoPeaks
04-05-2008, 05:16 PM

So this is basically the food you were eating to get so gorgeous like that?

smd70
04-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Sounds good!

BlueFenix13S
04-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Even if you AREN'T on keto it looks damn good

Roxie
04-06-2008, 06:15 PM

I missed this post.

So what you are saying is eating Chicken breasts, with veggies and salad with olive oil dressing is crappy food?? Salmon, talapia, lots of veggies and salads is crappy food?? :rolleyes:

BlueFenix13S
04-06-2008, 06:18 PM
I missed this post.

So what you are saying is eating Chicken breasts, with veggies and salad with olive oil dressing is crappy food?? Salmon, talapia, lots of veggies and salads is crappy food?? :rolleyes:

Don't forget steak, lobster, eggs, nuts, avocados....... :D

gymratluke
04-06-2008, 06:26 PM

If I wasnt such a nice guy Id neg you...

Roxie
04-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Don't forget steak, lobster, eggs, nuts, avocados....... :D

Ah yes, can't forget about those yummy things too :)

Robbyrh10
04-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Not on keto, but thanks!

Procta
04-07-2008, 06:04 AM

do you have a pic that makes it look like it will taste good ? :p

US_Ranger
04-07-2008, 07:40 AM
I missed this post.

No, I was talking about the numerous cheeses and pepperoni, browned sausages, fatty hams and all the other stuff.

AlbinoGerbil
09-11-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm actually looking forward to giving this recipe a try. :D

gymratluke
09-11-2009, 07:50 PM

Wow STRONG BUMP!! lol

How ya been AG?!

Roxie
09-12-2009, 07:34 AM
No, I was talking about the numerous cheeses and pepperoni, browned sausages, fatty hams and all the other stuff.
Fitnessman was on Keto for a LONG LONG time, are you saying he looks unhealthy? Chitown was on this diet as well when cutting, are you saying he looks unhealthy? Doing this diet right has proven it's effectiveness as well as it lowering cholesterol. I too was on this diet for years and never felt unhealthy but had a lot of energy and good results. To each their own I guess and you will only see what you want to see..

Roxie
09-12-2009, 07:35 AM

I love this recipe when craving Pizza while on Keto! :)

gymratluke
09-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Fitnessman was on Keto for a LONG LONG time, are you saying he looks unhealthy? Chitown was on this diet as well when cutting, are you saying he looks unhealthy? Doing this diet right has proven it's effectiveness as well as it lowering cholesterol. I too was on this diet for years and never felt unhealthy but had a lot of energy and good results. To each their own I guess and you will only see what you want to see..

I've been on it for years as well...Im as healthy as Ive ever been!

Roxie
09-12-2009, 06:58 PM
I've been on it for years as well...Im as healthy as Ive ever been!

and you look FANTASTIC :)

gymratluke
09-13-2009, 01:59 AM

Awww....thanks Rox! :o

AlbinoGerbil
09-13-2009, 08:55 AM

It hasn't been bad for you either. :cool:

gymratluke
09-13-2009, 09:49 AM
It hasn't been bad for you either. :cool:

x10!!!

Amber-Leigh
09-16-2009, 02:00 PM
OMG My husband made this pizza lastnight and it was to die for!!!! So good, thanx for sharing this great recipe!

heathershubby
10-01-2009, 07:28 AM
This looks like a great recipe will be trying this this weekend that for the post and bump

bambam2008
12-31-2009, 11:59 AM
I will also try it over the weekend... BUMP!!!

DJT_ FITNESS
01-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Do you perhaps already have the Calories, Proteins, Carbs and Fats broken down for the basic recipe for this?

I am looking forward to trying this.

DJT_ FITNESS
01-10-2010, 09:42 AM
I just made it and wow, so good. I made it to the original recipe, except I only used 1/2 cup of Mozz. I also subbed the sauce for 1/4 cup of pesto. Thanks for the recipe.

It made 4 servings.
1 Serving:
Cal 488 Fat 37.5 Carb 6.25 Protein 18.75

maxskip
01-25-2010, 07:28 PM
doesnt pizza sauce have alot of carbs?

and86
07-04-2010, 02:22 PM
You legend!! This is brilliant! Love you for this! Im stuffed can barely walk!
Any ideas of the macros of the "base"?
Rep up!

Reformed90
07-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Sounds like something to have for a cheat meal :-)

steveburnsred
07-17-2010, 01:07 PM
I definitely want to try this.

Roxie
05-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Need to make this again since I'm lowering my carbs again...YUMMY!!

influenceofu
05-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Bumping! This sounds really, really good. I think I'm going to try it tonight. My friends brought home pizza for lunch, and I couldn't have any and now I am having a massive craving. I know this is old, but any chance someone can tell me how the base/crust tastes?

Roxie
05-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Bumping! This sounds really, really good. I think I'm going to try it tonight. My friends brought home pizza for lunch, and I couldn't have any and now I am having a massive craving. I know this is old, but any chance someone can tell me how the base/crust tastes?

IMO it tastes like the real deal, just a much softer crust. I hope you try it, it's VERY VERY good, but very calorie dense so save calories for this if you make it lol..

influenceofu
05-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Okay, so I made it tonight...And I have to say....Pretty damn good!

It was a bit higher in carbs than I would like, I could probably have gotten a lower calorie pizza sauce but eh.. :P I also totally spaced the part that said "mozzarella cheese" on your recipe, so I ended up only using the Italian and Parmesan for the whole thing.

The sauce I used was this....I can't even remember and I don't feel like going to look as I write this, but it was some sort of all natural pizza sauce. Little known brand. No ragu or anything. I'd never tried it before, but it was reeeeallllyyy good.

For me, this curbed my pizza craving, but part of the reason I love pizza so much is the crust, so it really didn't taste exactly like the real thing. I didn't expect it to, though, so that's alright! LOL. This really is likely the CLOSEST pizza on keto you will get that you can have REAL servings of, though, and not just a bite off of someone elses. I topped mine with beef and bacon. I kept telling myself that i was going to take a picture before I cut into it, but with all the macro breaking down and such, I totally spaced it and just cut right in, LOL. The way I cut it had 6 servings, with each piece as follows:

24 GF
230 CF
28 CC
7 GC
19.25 PG
78 PC

I ended up having two servings, because like I said, it really was quite good. I didn't get all of the calories from those, though, as my 18 month old niece kept coming up to me and wanting bites. I don't usually allow her any bites with keto meals, as I want to get the EXACT amounts of everything, but I figured with this I'd make a special occasion. Overall, I call it a 10. ;)

wick
05-13-2011, 03:19 AM
Might have to try this tomorrow. Sounds awesome. Cheers!

wick
05-13-2011, 11:46 PM
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3523/photo2cj.jpg

This was my first attempt. Came out alright actually! Just had a slice then and it was awesome! Will be making this at least once a week lol.

marksauc
05-16-2011, 08:12 AM
I made this on Friday pizza night and my wife said it was the best pizza she has had. I have 2 agree.. I will be adding this to our menu. The only changes I made was Added TVP textured veg protein and I cooked the crust tin foil on a pizza dish (one with holes).

Roxie
05-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Just made this tonight and I really need to figure out how to make the crust crispier. I think less eggs since the cheese on the side of the pizza where the egg didn't touch was nice and crispy. Next time I make it I will post how it came out.

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1119/pizzaf.jpg

SP1966
05-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Just made this tonight and I really need to figure out how to make the crust crispier. I think less eggs since the cheese on the side of the pizza where the egg didn't touch was nice and crispy. Next time I make it I will post how it came out.

I don't see no meat! :eek: WTF kinda pizza is that?

Roxie! :d

Roxie
05-19-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't see no meat! :eek: WTF kinda pizza is that?

Roxie! :d

HAHA..Veggie pizza tonight SP :d

Next will be alfredo sauce with chicken, broc**** and caramelized onions nomnomnom :D

Traubster
05-20-2011, 01:11 PM
Made this the other day and it turned out incredibly. SUPER delicious. I subbed the tomato sauce for 1/4 cup of pesto and that worked great.

Next time I'm DEFINITELY going to use parchment paper since it stuck to the dish pretty badly (hence why its so ugly on the sides, it was really difficult to flip the crust over).

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1686/img20110518164311.jpg

Al Swearengen
05-24-2011, 06:03 PM
I have posted that I had a pizza recipe that was good while on Keto, and recieved numerous pm's asking for the recipe. I thought it be a good idea to just post it with it's own thread, since there are many people following the Keto diet. Now this is very calorie dense and I only eat it while I am having a HUGE pizza craving. So enjoy :)

4-oz cream cheese
3 eggs
1/3 cup cream
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 cups mixed italian cheese (I also used the Mexican cheese blend and it is fine)
1/2 cup pizza sauce (I used Healthy Choice Pizza sauce)
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
pizza toppings of your choice:
pepperoni ,ham, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, bacon, browned sausage or seasoned ground beef, additional parmesan cheese for topping
Preheat oven to 375
Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth. Add cream, parmesan cheese, and spices and mix again.
Spray oblong casserole dish with PAM. Sprinkle 2 cups italian cheeses into dish and pour egg mixture over it. Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Spread on pizza sauce, sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and pile with your favorite toppings. Then sprinkle with more parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake til bubbly and browning. Allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting.
I think this is as close to the real thing as you can get !
Happy pizza!! Yeah!

Roxie

You have to try it sometime....It really does taste like the real thing!!

:D No problem, let me know what you think of it

No problem, hope you guys like it...I know I really do

Yummy, that'll be good for a quick fix when I just can't wait to bake my pizza recipe!! Thanks Fitnessman

LOL!! Thanks)

Low carb yes

So far 5 members have made this recipe and love it

AL above you is one of them, and his kids loved it as well

Thank you! Glad to hear that

AWESOM!! Let me know what you think of it!

Stock up for the weekend and try this

YES!!

I'm making this again tonight

Here is what it looks like

I missed this post.

So what you are saying is eating Chicken breasts, with veggies and salad with olive oil dressing is crappy food?? Salmon, talapia, lots of veggies and salads is crappy food??

Ah yes, can't forget about those yummy things too

I love this recipe when craving Pizza while on Keto! :)

Need to make this again since I'm lowering my carbs again...YUMMY!!

IMO it tastes like the real deal, just a much softer crust. I hope you try it, it's VERY VERY good, but very calorie dense so save calories for this if you make it lol..

HAHA..Veggie pizza tonight SP

Next will be alfredo sauce with chicken, broc**** and caramelized onions nomnomnom

8 years later and that pizza still kicks ass, thanks Rox ;)

xcessive1
06-05-2011, 09:06 AM
maybe I missed it, but what are the macro's?

Horns3
06-07-2011, 05:07 AM
probably going to be a staple food for my keto diet lol

JDaRipper
07-03-2011, 06:18 AM
trying this tonight ! thanks for the recipe !!!

Ronceiro
05-19-2012, 10:03 AM
koo

brb trying this

LifeOnceLost
05-22-2012, 03:33 PM
koo

brb trying this

Did it tonight. F'n brilliant!

Ronceiro
05-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Did it tonight. F'n brilliant!

Same. Here are my results

http://i45.tinypic.com/34ep1dd.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/10oe39e.jpg

I used chorizo, bacon, red peppers, ground pork and mozzarella as toppings

jsnake513
05-22-2012, 10:49 PM
^that looks so good

Keto Morrir Sonando!

made a "morrir sonando" with lime instead of oranges today.. morrir sonando is a drink we make in the country im from (Dominican Republic) it is very popular there and probably in many other countries as well.. its pretty simple just orange juice + milk

links:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morir_So˝ando
dominicancooking.com/976-morir-sonando-milk-and-orange-juice.html

how:
I squeezed limes into a cup with water and equal, added lots of ice and stirred..
tasted great! I love lime juice!
Later I was craving my usual heavy cream and equal, but this time i had an idea, what if I mixed the heavy cream into the lime juice!

Ingredients:
Lime
heavy cream
sugar substitude (i used equal)
ice (a couple of cubes in the cream and in the juice before mixing, you dont want the juice and cream to separate or curdle)

bigboy504
05-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Well Try this really soon...

f1ghter33
06-22-2012, 12:42 PM
i like it !!

Residentevol
04-25-2013, 02:01 PM
back from the depths....I'm going to try this soon and I WILL take pictures and get good macro's for anyone interested :)

Missimia
05-03-2013, 01:16 AM
Made it! Kind of. Too hot to preheat the oven today. So, I mixed the shredded cheese with the egg mixture in the bowl, then grabbed a hunk and fried it up pancake-style in a skillet. Then I spooned on sauce, laid a few slices of mozzarella on, and used a lid to melt the cheese.

I still have enough for 2 or 3 more pizzas, and I will for sure be more creative, but today I was starving and craving pizza and now I am totally blissed out. Def hit the spot!

IbsAtTheGym
05-03-2013, 08:00 AM
hmm looks nice might give it a try

Faymus
06-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Oh gosh, I made this last night. I think I may have used too deep of a bowl instead of a pan to spread out. I ended up cooking it for around an hour.

One thing though, IT WAS AMAZING. Mine turned out like a pizza quiche. It was a soft crust with the texture nearly like a quiche. I loaded it with ham and bacon, and had broiled in on top to make them nice and crispy.

Really did turn out delicious.

Zuper
10-24-2013, 07:22 AM
Can't stop eating this (pics in linků dunno how to post them to show in the actual postů sorry)!

kylemnhn
11-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Just got done making it. Taste amazing

kylemnhn
11-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Just made it and it tasted great

Zuper
11-12-2013, 02:59 AM
Can't stop eating this (pics in linků dunno how to post them to show in the actual postů sorry)!

I've figured out how to embed pics now *slow* :D

Think I'll be making this again this weekend - busy weekend = easy to eat food with potential great leftovers - win / win.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6364923&d=1384253870

MarvinW
11-18-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm so trying this one. I've been craving pizza since I started keto. The closest I've came is munching on some pepperoni slices...

MikeStig
05-22-2014, 06:33 PM
I have got to try this out

amcarter29
05-24-2014, 07:42 PM
What are the macros for the crust?