PDA

View Full Version : what to avoid at night?

lamchopthis
07-12-2006, 12:34 PM
what foods should i avoid at night so that i don't pack on unnecessary fat because i'm not moving around too much?

IraHays
07-12-2006, 12:41 PM
When you say "unnecssary" fat does that mean you plan on gaining some fat, like on a bulk?

Avoid the foods that will put you above your target calories for the day.

garlichead
07-12-2006, 12:54 PM
lack of movement doesn't make you fat,excessive calories do,period.But if your going to be going off your regular scheduled food regime,then take it easy on the carbs especially simple ones.

Nedo
07-12-2006, 12:57 PM
One of the leanest things you can eat before bed is cottage cheese.

lamchopthis
07-12-2006, 01:36 PM
I'm trying to lose body fat right now. I'd say 80 percent of my attention is there, and minimizing muscle mass loss is 20 percent.

lamchopthis
07-12-2006, 01:38 PM
I'm trying to lose body fat right now. I'd say 80 percent of my attention is there, and minimizing muscle mass loss is 20 percent. Basically, I heard somewhere that you should avoid carbs past 6 as it just turns to fat afterwards because you aren't really doing much in the evening or night.

Oddball8945
07-12-2006, 01:57 PM
It doesnt make a difference if you consume carbs after 6 as long as your in some sort of calorie deficit you will still lose fat, granted your deficit is not to low otherwise you will lose more muscle then fat. While i was cutting, i would have a bunch of radishes mmmmmm at around 9-10 a bit after diner and, sure enough i still lost a hell of alot of fat, because i was in a calorie deficit and those radishs (carbs) fit into my daily macro's.

ceilos456
07-12-2006, 05:26 PM
It doesnt make a difference if you consume carbs after 6 as long as your in some sort of calorie deficit you will still lose fat, granted your deficit is not to low otherwise you will lose more muscle then fat. While i was cutting, i would have a bunch of radishes mmmmmm at around 9-10 a bit after diner and, sure enough i still lost a hell of alot of fat, because i was in a calorie deficit and those radishs (carbs) fit into my daily macro's.
AGreed with that all the way

heres what to have, not to avoid

go with some type of casein at night:
fat free milk
cottage cheese

Chris@UGA
07-12-2006, 05:34 PM
I just avoid sugars and carbs late at night. Then again, I pretty much avoid sugars all the time. heh

I eat a lot of casein protein shakes, skim milk, natty peanut butter, peanuts, etc if I'm hungry close to bedtime and they fit into my daily calorie needs. I'll also have some lean meat if I"m really hungry like a chicken breast or can of tuna.

alkemyst
07-13-2006, 06:17 PM
the boogeyman

clowns under your bed

people that call you from inside your own home.

people that call you and just say '7 days'

messages in blood on your walls or door

submerging your head below the water in the bathtub when alone

and of course chicks you meat with beer googles (pun/sp intended)

I may have missed some, but that should get you started ;)