PDA

View Full Version : new here!! Help please!!

mariah22
07-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Hello I was posting in the nutrition section but this one makes more sence I guess. Well my name is Mariah. I'm 22. I don't know my body fat% and I don't know how to get that either but I do weigh about 125 at 5'5. I have had pretty bad eating dosorder my whole life and have been low as 97 pounds,thinking that I was healthy. Anyways now I am doing much better and am ready to do things the healthy way. I have always been interested in nutrition but I don't know that much about it. I'm not sure how many grams of protien or fat or carbs I should be taking in. I'm pretty small boned so I wouldlike to get to about 115 pounds and than really work on gaining muscle. I don't want to look big but just really fit and slim. I made up my own diet and want to know what you guys think,or if you could give me a guess as to if im getting too much or too little of somthing.

meal1-1/4cup plain oatmeal,1 kewi,one small spoonfull peanut butter
meal2-2egg whites,1 hard boiled egg,1(plain) piece whole grain toast
snack1-source small yogurt cup
meal3-chicken breast,small salad(spinich leafs,tomato,cucumber,orange pepper and low fat dressing(just a little)
than after my workout prob about 830 at night have a protiene shake of whey(1 scoop)
I work out 4-6 days a week and do abour 40-50 mins of cardio and weight lift 5 times a week.

I know you guys cant tell me exactly but does this seem like I'm getting too much or too little of something. My main goal right now is to lose about 10-15 pounds than after that gain muscle. I'm concerned about the protiene shake after my work out maybe I should have half a shake.
Please any help at all would be great! Thanks!!

p.s I really want to do this!

arose70
07-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi :)

It looks like you are getting in less than 1000 cals/day assuming your chicken is around 4 oz. This is not enough!

Meal 1: add a protein source
Meal 2: take out the toast, eat more oats or brown rice, and add in 3 more egg whites
Meal 3: add a protein source to your yogurt
Meal 4: Great but you need complex carbs before your workout...brown rice/yam
Meal 5: FULL protein shake plus complex carbs (it is okay to have these at night post-workout!)

What does your lifting look like?

Roxana01
07-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Congratulations on your decision to live a healthy life! I know that changing your eating habits and essentially the way you live life is such a difficult thing. I think you're over your biggest hurdle!! :) It is so critical for you at this point to, not only give your body proper and sufficient nutrition, but retrain your body and the way it metabolizes food. I have worked with clients who have dealt with eating disorders and I can tell you that they are doing great and have reshaped their bodies! It can be done, but you need to ensure that you have proper direction. Let me know if I can be of any help. You can email me through www.roxanakreklo.com . Congrats again!!