PDA

View Full Version : new gal needs advice n motivation

kerazi
07-12-2006, 03:57 AM
wots up galz im kerazi
its my 17th b day on august 2nd and i feel its time to transform my body and gets serious bat my health and well being!

height: 5ft 5
weight: 110 (very soft)
body fat: approx 21%
stats: 33-28-36

4 years ago i used to be a (thin and muscular) school athlete but 3 years ago after some intense family issues i got depressed and started binge eating and stopped working out all together.
i joined a gym 5 months ago but have not being taking it very serious but i have researched a ton about diet / nutrition. my goal is 2 b a fitness model and personal trainer i just need to get motivated and put down the candy bars n stop binging.

my question is which is most important for fat loss intense diet, intense cardio or heavy weights
thanx 4 ur help

Miranda
07-12-2006, 04:09 AM
my question is which is most important for fat loss intense diet, intense cardio or heavy weights
thanx 4 ur help

a combo of a good diet and heavy lifting.

spillsy
07-12-2006, 07:12 AM
So young..but a determined mind set - most girls your age aren't worrying about that stuff - so kudos to dedicating your life to fitness!

A good mix of weight training and cardio is what you need right now. I'm not sure what your knowledge of weight training is, but if you can afford it I would get at least one session with a trainer. You are still growing and you want to make sure you are setting your body for the hard work ahead of being a fitness model. Its VERY taxing on the body and takes a tremendous amount of work. If you get into bad habits now, you'll have a lifetime of pain from it.

Good luck and if you need any tips feel free to contact me, I am a certified PT.