PDA

View Full Version : more or less protien on weight training days ???

laracroft1970
07-11-2006, 08:47 AM
should i consume the same amount of protine on non weight training days as i do on weight training days or should it be less i usually have 2 whey protine shakes a day with my protine food too , but wondering weather i should only have the shakes on training days ???????

emunah
07-11-2006, 01:42 PM
How much protein are you getting?

laracroft1970
07-11-2006, 11:51 PM
hi emunah
thanks so much for replying, your the only one who has botherd its nice to see there are nice peeps about to help, well im 126lbs weight so i am taking around 126g protine a day too ?? is this right ????,
i do appricate your advice thanks again have a nice day .

Miranda
07-12-2006, 12:45 AM
your the only one who has botherd its nice to see there are nice peeps about to help

hey . . .:mad:

, well im 126lbs weight so i am taking around 126g protine a day too ?? is this right ????

it's ok i guess. btw if you're following the '1 gram per pound bodyweight' it's actually '1 gram per pound lean bodyweight' not the total.

what is your goal? if you want to build mass, eat more protein, if you want to lose bf% it's the total calories that matter, but don't lower the protein intake.

laracroft1970
07-12-2006, 08:04 AM
miranda sorry no offence meant lol, what am i trying to achive is, lose body fat i need to lose about 10lbs, and gain muscle, ie look really cut not bulk . and thanks for replying just seems like im asking silly q as im not getting replys to many of the q im asking just of late lol .

Miranda
07-12-2006, 08:15 AM
what am i trying to achive is, lose body fat i need to lose about 10lbs, and gain muscle, ie look really cut not bulk.

don't we all . . .

looking 'cut' means your BF% has to be really low (try 9-10%) which can be achieved with a nazi diet high in protein (to preserve muscle mass) and heavy lifting. however, just wanting to look 'cut' if you have not a lot of muscle will make you look like a concentration camp victim.
concentrating on building quality mass first is a good idea. women don't risk looking 'bulky' (whatever that means) due to lower testosteron levels so go lift some iron :)

all this can take quite some time too.
better prepare for the summer of 2007.

darkangel
07-12-2006, 08:40 AM
I'd think you'd want to increase protein and calories in general on training days. You certainly wouldn't want less protein.

DUMB BELLE
07-12-2006, 02:44 PM
don't we all . . .

looking 'cut' means your BF% has to be really low (try 9-10%) which can be achieved with a nazi diet high in protein (to preserve muscle mass) and heavy lifting. however, just wanting to look 'cut' if you have not a lot of muscle will make you look like a concentration camp victim.
concentrating on building quality mass first is a good idea. women don't risk looking 'bulky' (whatever that means) due to lower testosteron levels so go lift some iron :)

all this can take quite some time too.
better prepare for the summer of 2007.

BUMP, M!!!!!!

I like to keep my protein intake constant on most days. In my opinion it's the carbs you can play around with. Personally, I like to increase my carbs slightly on training days and I try to take the greatest percentage of my daily carbs upto 3 hours POST workout as the body is primed to absorb the carbs during this time AND it helps with recovery.