PDA

View Full Version : Desperately in Need For Nutrition Help!

Wittepat
07-10-2006, 08:10 PM
I am going into football season, and am looking to start myself on a certain diet to help maximize my weightlifting gains. I already consume protein and creatine and drink plenty of water, but I have no idea where to start with my food and nutrition part of the diet.

If anybody could give me a menu and kind of tell me when to take my protein and how much to take, I would be very appreciative. We just started football camp and I work alot so I dont have much time to look into this on my own. Any help is welcome.

maxey127
07-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Well, you can do two main things with your diet, bulk (calorie surplus = gain weight), or cut (calorie defecit = lose weight)

im guessing you want to get big for football so you should bulk.

go here:http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mohr107.htm
and fill out the info. it will tell you the number of calories that it will take to maintain your weight. You want to add 500 cals to the number that it gives you. These extra 500 calories will help muscles repair and grow, but you may put on some fat. NOTE: its gunna be a trial and error process to determine you calorie intake. The number that you have now is a good starting place, but if you start to gain too much fat, then reduce cals, or if you're not puttin on any fat, then you can increase cals. Just adjust the number until you feel like youve got the perfect amount of cals

GOOD FOODS
Protein: Lean meats - fish, chicken, ham, pork, steak. canned chicken or tuna is real easy.
Carbs: Brown rice, oats, potatoes
fats: fish oil capsules (you can buy em at the grocery store), nuts, natural pb

heres what my meals were like today:
Meal 1 (10:30)
Egg white omellet, 9 egg whites
2 pieces whole wheat toast
2 stick celery
8oz milk

Workout (12:20)

Meal 2 (1:30)
1 cup oats
16oz milk
2 scoops whey

Meals 3 (2:30)
9 turkey slices in between 2 slices w/w bread
2tbsp natty pb on 1 w/w bread slice
1 carrot
8oz milk

Meal 4 (5:30)
1 cup brown rice
1 can tuna
8 oz milk

Meal 5 (8:00)
1/2 cup brown rice
10oz canned chicken
1/4 cup almonds
1 carrot

Meal 6
havent had yet

That comes out to 3100cals with my macros being 39/38/23 carb/pro/fat, or 382 carbs/279 pros/76 fats @ 185 lbs

search and learn about macronutrients

uh... you've got a lot to learn... just search the site, use google.