PDA

View Full Version : Scivation Sesamin, Testers Needed!!!!:)

young_squatter
07-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Scivation Wants 10 Testers for Scivation Sesamin, We have had testers before but not enough solid logs on it

http://usera.imagecave.com/young_squatter/untitled.bmp.jpg

Sesamin
Scivation Sesamin, lab tested for potency and purity, contains a high-grade extract of Sesamin, a naturally occurring lignan found in sesame oil. Research has shown Sesamin can help maximize fat loss, support liver and kidney health and maintain healthy lipid profiles. Sesamin can be safely used in conjunction with other supplements such as Scivation Xtend and Primaforce Thermal Rage to maximize fat loss and body composition and Primaforce Max CLA, Pure ALA and Lean Green to support overall health and wellness.

We are asking for a detailed log that includes but not limited to the following....

* Before/After Pics
* Major detail, including updating at least 5 times per week.
* Information regarding diet, exercise and additional supplements

Testers will not be considered if
* Are under the age of 18.
* Live outside the U.S.

We want people who will seriously make every effort to give timely and honest feedback regarding this product. Your application for testing should include the following.

Sex:

Height:

Weight:

Bodytype:

Training experience:

Training Schedule/Protocol:

Cardio Schedule/Protocol:

Current supplements:

Current Diet:

Short Term Goal:

Long Term Goal:

Prescription/Recreational drugs:

Supplement history:

Reason we should select you:

Blap Blaow
07-10-2006, 11:55 AM
* Live outside the U.S.
Guess if I wanted to try sesamin I'd go to the 'other' thread!! :p

Just curious- how long will the logs run for and what kinda dosing are you suggesting (if any)?

Elliptical Envy
07-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Wow, two Sesamin tester threads I just don't know which one to apply for. :rolleyes:

boyscouT
07-10-2006, 12:04 PM
Wow, two Sesamin tester threads I just don't know which one to apply for. :rolleyes:
I'm applying for both.

40-Yard Dash_2
07-10-2006, 12:05 PM

I'd rather apply here.

pu12en12g
07-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Good luck testers ! :)

young_squatter
07-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Guess if I wanted to try sesamin I'd go to the 'other' thread!! :p

Just curious- how long will the logs run for and what kinda dosing are you suggesting (if any)?

3 caps a day for 4 weeks. Well actually 4 weeks and 2 days :)

boyscouT
07-10-2006, 12:10 PM

Sex: Male

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 166 lbs

Bodytype: Ecto-Meso

Training experience:
From last summer until last December, I weight-lifted very foolishly, too frequently, not proportionately, overtrained, and was uneducated about nutrition, nutritional timing, etc. I had a few cosmetic surgeries that took me out of the gym for 3 full months (Jan - March of this year) and during that time I did a ton of research, reading and gaining knowledge about the human body, physical fitness, weight lifting, dieting, gaining muscle, losing fat, etc.

For 3 solid months now, I have been on an all-out bulk using all the information I have learned to give my body the best chance at getting where I want it to be. 3 months down, my whole life to come.

Training Schedule / Protocol:
Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Shoulders
Day 4: Arms
Day 5: Legs
Day 6: REST
Day 7: REST

Here is a sample of my routine:

Chest Day
Exercise :: Weight(lbs) x Reps (Warm-up sets in italics)

Flat Bench Barbell Bench Press :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Incline Barbell Bench Press :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Decline Cable Butterfly :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Cable Butterfly Crossovers :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Back Day

Shoulder Grip Lat Pulldown :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Conventional Deadlifts :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Bent Over EZ Barbell Rows :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

One-Handed DB Row :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Bodyweight Pullups :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Shoulder Day
Exercise :: Weight(lbs) x Reps (Warm-Up sets in italics)

DB Shoulder Press :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Cable Side Lateral Raise :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Cable Front Raise :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Rear Delt Machine Flyes :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

BB Shrugs :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Arm Day

Bodyweight Dips :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Close Grip Bench :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

SkullCrushers :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Tricep Pulldowns (Straight Bar) :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Bicep EZ Barbell Curls :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Preacher Curls :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Incline DB Curls :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Leg Day
Exercise :: Weight(lbs) x REP (Warm-up sets in italics)

Squats :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Leg Press :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Leg Extension :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Leg Curl :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Angled Calf Raises :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Sometimes on an empty stomach in the mornings, sometimes immediately after weights. I am trying to go easy with the cardio as I am on an all-out bulk, looking for as much lean mass as possible.

Current Supplements:
SciVation Xtend
Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude
Controlled Labs Green Bulge
Controlled Labs White Blood
100% Optimum Nutrition Whey
100% Optimum Nutrition Casein
NOW Dextrose
NOW Omega-3
NOW ADAM Multivitamin

Current Diet and macros (as much detail as possible):
Aiming for 3000 cals, 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat. Consists of fruits, vegetables, rice, pasta, oats, breads, sushi, tuna, beef, pork, chicken, turkey, salmon, peanut butter, and the occasional fast food.

Short Term Goal: Bulk until I am 200lbs+, while maintaining a bodyfat in the low teens.

Long Term Goal: 190lbs+ @ 10% bf

ANY and ALL Prescription / Non-Prescription / Recreational drugs:
None

Supplement history (as much detail as possible):
All The Whey™ Whey Protein
SciVation Sesamin
NOW CLA

Reason we should select you: I know I can give honest, objective, and very detailed feedback on this product. I give 110% in the gym, in the kitchen, and at life, and if chosen, I will put 110% into this product as a tester.

pastorgbc
07-10-2006, 12:45 PM

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 223

Bodytype: endomorph

Training experience: I have lifted on and off since I was 15. I have trained as a bodybuilder and to support sports like football and the martial arts.

Training Schedule/Protocol: I work out 5 times a week, generally at lunch time in a gym in the same building as my company. I tend to do one bodypart per day.

Cardio Schedule/Protocol: Three times a week. Generally it is 30 minutes on the treadmill.

Current supplements: xtend, creatine

Current Diet: 6 small meals a day

Short Term Goal: To maintain strength and lean mass while losing fat. Goal to drop 10 pounds of weight without affecting weights lifted and measurements to arms and chest.

Long Term Goal: Be as healthy and as strong as possible. To continue to workout with weights until I drop.

Prescription/Recreational drugs: I take lipitor (10 mgs, allopurinol 100 mgs)

Supplement history: I have mainly only used creatine. Recently I have been using Muscle Milk as an MRP, Xtend, and continuing to use creatine. I also take ALA, milk thistle, and a antioxidant supplement.

1. I work in the medical device field and we conduct many clinical trials. I know the importance of keeping accurate records and diligently tracking observations and protocols.

2. I was diagnosed with NASH about 2 years ago. With getting back into the gym, dropping some weight and using the ALA and Milk Thistle, my LFTs have been normal. I am eager to help identify products that help cleanse the liver and keep it healthy.

3. I am dedicated to working out and I have the time to be cooperate with what you are doing.

Beast
07-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Good luck testers ! :)

Sesamin both ROCKS and ROLLS!

Lonny
07-10-2006, 01:21 PM
CL and Scivation should pick a tester to compare them!!!!!

Or not, because they are the exact same thing and this just seems like Scivation saying
"Hey guys!! We still sell Sesamin too!!!"

Still giving away free product is always good for valued members so points in that regard.

pu12en12g
07-10-2006, 01:44 PM
I would like to nominate boyscouT, if young squatter can confirm or deny his eligibility / selection it will help my own tester selection process.

Thanks

El Pena
07-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Well I already got picked by CL, if not I'd have applied :D. YS don't know if you've seen my cinnulin log or not, just fyi I'll be testing glucose every other day for the remainder of the bottle, now that I have a readily accessible glucose meter.

MCWTRAINER
07-10-2006, 02:15 PM
CL and Scivation should pick a tester to compare them!!!!!

Or not, because they are the exact same thing and this just seems like Scivation saying
"Hey guys!! We still sell Sesamin too!!!"

Still giving away free product is always good for valued members so points in that regard.
I think that would be cool. I'd love to see that. You guys should get together and pick someone to test them both. You should pick someone who is cutting to test them and someone who is clean bulking to test them.

Let me know if you need someone... ;)

young_squatter
07-10-2006, 02:28 PM
I would like to nominate boyscouT, if young squatter can confirm or deny his eligibility / selection it will help my own tester selection process.

Thanks

He is eligable, but I can not gurantee he will be selected until more people post their info.

boyscouT
07-10-2006, 02:36 PM

Thanks
Thanks Pure :).

I have no doubt you & Tank over at CL, and YS & Marc over at SciVation will choose testers wisely. Most importantly both products need to be objectively tested.

HalleluYAH
07-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Get DS to throw in another bottle of MP, and I will continue my log (see sig). :D

Btw, for those interested, Sesamin has done wonders for my hair and skin complexion. I highly recommend.

boyscouT
07-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Btw, for those interested, Sesamin has done wonders for my hair and skin complexion. I highly recommend.
What has it done for your hair, specifically?

pu12en12g
07-10-2006, 03:11 PM
He is eligable, but I can not gurantee he will be selected until more people post their info.

Ok,

Please let me know if / when you decide. The reason I want to give you the first "chance" to pick boyscouT so-to-speak is because he is already using our products and has already done a excellent objective log for us which actually (ironically) makes him a perfect candidate for you... if that makes sense.

I hope that isn't confusing.

- Pt

young_squatter
07-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Ok,

Please let me know if / when you decide. The reason I want to give you the first "chance" to pick boyscouT so-to-speak is because he is already using our products and has already done a excellent objective log for us which actually (ironically) makes him a perfect candidate for you... if that makes sense.

I hope that isn't confusing.

- Pt

Will do.

TimoteoS
07-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Could I be on anything? even though I doubt Im a candiate as Im reviewing Cinnulin.

cuponoodles
07-10-2006, 06:12 PM
I would be willing to do a log/review, but I'm UD2ing, and would only be able to take it 4 days/week*. Let me know if interested.

*As I have been doing this program for a few weeks already, I will be adequately able to judge efficacy based on weights/measurements.

**Also, I know this is not really done, but I would be willing to megadose Sesamin if anyone at Scivation would like to see this type of log done.

young_squatter
07-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Both of you post up your info.

storm shadow
07-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Boy do I love competition, good luck to all testers, I wish I could apply for this but I know I probably wouldn't be a good candidate.

Njlegs78
07-10-2006, 06:50 PM
I am very interested here is a profile.

Height: 6ft
Weight; 260lbs
BF%: Unknow (approximately 18%)
Weight lifting experience: Exbodybuilder
Current supplements: Xtend, fishoils, multi, and whey protein.

Just ordered fenotest and anagen and I am excited to get that strated (being a ex steroid user approximately 4 years ago)

cuponoodles
07-10-2006, 07:01 PM

Height: 6'1'' (73 inches)

Weight: 203.5

Bodytype: Endomorph

Training experience:
Seriously weightlifting for over 1 year, although have done it recreationally for a few years before that. Experience with varying volumes/frequencies/loads during my training regimen.

Training/Cardio Protocool:
As outlined in UD2.0-

Monday: Depletion work
Tuesday: Depletion work
Wednesday: A.M. Cardio (jump rope session w/ progressive load)
Thursday: A.M. Cardio/P.M. Tension
Friday: None
Saturday: Power workout
Sunday: None

Note: Friday-Sunday I work a very physically demanding job that requires a lot of movement and heavy lifting.

Current Supplements:
DS Basic Cuts (Sun-Thurs)
Forslean (20%) (Sun-Thurs)
Primaforce ALA (Thurs P.M.-Sun)
TP.com Milk Protein Isolate
Fish Oil (6 g/day)

Current Diet:

As outlined in UD2.0-
Monday - Thursday P.M.: Low carbohydrate/fat, high protein depletion diet
Thursday P.M. - Friday: Carbohydrate Loading
Saturday - Sunday: Moderate protein w/ slight deficit (10-20%)

Short Term Goal:

Sub 10% bodyfat with minimal muscle loss

Long Term Goal:

~220 at 10% bodyfat

Prescription/Recreational Drugs: None

Supplement History:

This is probably not everything-

No illegal anabolics or lipolytics
SciVation Sesamin
Avant Labs SesaTHIN (caps and liquid)
MAN Vaporize
MAN Scorch
Zappetite
Lipid FX
PF ALA
Forslean
Beverly Int. BCAAs w/ Glutamine
BSL BCAAs w/ Glutamine
DS Basic Cuts
Bulk TTA/Taurine/ALCAR/Vitamin C/CEE/HMB
PF Lean Green
7-Keto
NOW Hoodia
Omega Burn3d (beta)
Liposolv
Lipoderm-ULTRA (w/ cap)
AbSolved
Fish Oil
PF ZMA
Optimum 100% Whey/Casein
GF-Pro
TP.com MPI/WPI
cAMPHIBOLIC
C2

Reason For Selection:

- I study nutrition and supplementation recreationally, and have a very good knowledge of Sesamin's effects on the body. I will be able to accurately determine any effects and/or results based on following a very strict diet/training regimen that I have carefully charted results for over the past several weeks.

- I have used several Sesamin products in the past and know what to expect, and will be able to compare results accordingly.

- I will be able to give a completely unbiased review.

- I do not make excuses or bull****. While I have not done a log here before, you can fully expect me to follow through on it if I start one.

- I take very consistent and detailed weight and BF (multiple methods) on a weekly basis, and will be able to provide numbers for previous weeks so as to compare the effects of Sesamin on body composition.

TimoteoS
07-10-2006, 07:06 PM

Height: 6' 4''

Weight: 220

Bodytype: Endomorph

Training experience:
On and off for 0-11 years. Made great progress through my youth. I suffered some hard time this past summer to winter and got set back a tremendous amount . I lost a lot of what I had gained and gained a lot of fat back. Feel free to ask any questions about this. But luckily Im back in full force though being very consistent and feeling good as ever with a good diet but progress seems to be coming slowly as fat doesn’t like to leave me easily. My strength is returning now as well.

Training Schedule/Protocol:Mon- back/bis Wen-chest/tris Fri-legs

Cardio Schedule/Protocol: PrW/PoW- low intensity, Tue/Thurs-Jog 1 mile +

Current supplements: Cissus/Powefull/Green Mag/Glycergrow/Scorch/Cinnulin Pf/Multi/Fish oil/pysillium husk *gaba,xtend when needed

Current Diet:
2200 Calories Daily-
200 grams of protein - 800 calories
150 grams of fat- 1400 calories

Meal 1- 30 grams protein, 25 grams of fat, 5 carbs green veg
Meal 2- 30 grams protein, 25 grams of fat, 5 carbs green veg
Meal 3- 30 grams protein, 25 grams of fat
Meal 4- 30 grams protein, 25 grams of fat, 5 carbs green veg
Meal 5- 30 grams protein, 0 grams fat
Meal 6- 30 grams protein, 0 grams Fat
Meal 7- 30 grams protein, 25 grams of fat, 5 carbs green veg
Meal 8- 30 grams protein, 25 grams of fat
Carb Up once a week,

Im looking to change my diet over to the Cut Diet when my book arrives, it just hasnt came yet. May change as soon as book comes

Short Term Goal: RIght now I want to get rid of any extra fat I am holding and get nice cut, while maintaining my strength and even adding strength and mass

Long Term Goal: Right now my plan is June-July of 2006 to be @ 240lbs 10-13% bf and eventually just keep growing untill I make the 260-270 w/ low bf no matter what it takes;)

Prescription/Recreational drugs: none

Supplement history:o jesus
Melting Point
Scivation Sesamin
BAET
Scorch
CInnulin PF
CEE Thunder
MRM BCAA + G
Cissus
Powerfull
AMP
Xtend
Citrulline Malate
Stim X
Myochm Throttle 1400
E/C
Lipo 6
San Tight
Instone Leanfire
FIsh Oil
iSatori H + blocker
San V12
Thermolife Xplode
EPIC Nutrition 5 Tetra
ALl I can think of for now

I have tryed Sesamin before for a 90 count bottle and didnt have much success. I was really hoping for clearer skin and some fat loss. I want to give it another shot anyway for longer to give it justice. August I will probably start a recomp w/ a surplus of calories supplements may include and are not limited to: TTA. 7OH, Nettle Root, ATD, Shred XS this will before I bulk for the winter.

young_squatter
07-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Boy do I love competition, good luck to all testers, I wish I could apply for this but I know I probably wouldn't be a good candidate.
Please apply, everyone is eligable.

beer20
07-10-2006, 08:27 PM
i nominate envy :D

storm shadow
07-10-2006, 08:28 PM

Sex: M

Height: 5'10

Weight:178lbs

Bodytype: Ectomorph

Training experience:4yrs off and on, 11months consistency and proper diet.

Training Schedule/Protocol: 5 day split, 2-4 excersices per body part, 3-5 sets, 5-8 reps

Cardio Schedule/Protocol: 3hrs x week recreational basketball, 10min. light treadmill 3 x week

Current supplements: X-Factor, Green Magnitude, Green Bulge, X-tend, Vigor, Mass Meal, ON Whey, AST Multi, EGCg, Oats

Current Diet: I aim for: 3500+calories a day, 220g+protein a day

Short Term Goal: gain at least 8lbs of lean muscle AND loss some bf by the end of the 50day supply of X-Factor (currently on day 5)

Long Term Goal: End of the year reach 200lbs and fairly lean, Ultimate Goal is to be about 210lbs and shredded.

Prescription/Recreational drugs: None

Supplement history:
-Creatine Monohydrate
-NO X-Plode
-Green Bulge
-White Blood
-GlycerGrow
-Purple Wraath
-X-tend
-ON Whey
-Mass Meal
-I-Pro
-Green Magnitude

Reason we should select you: I give honest feedback no matter how much I like or dislike a company. I'll put a link to two of my logs. Plus if you pick me I'll give you some reps :D

Logs:
Purple Wraath Log http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=747218
Current Log http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=837382

Never2cut
07-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Good luck to the applicants! I'm already doing a log that includes Sesamin an TR or i'd jump on this! Oh well, next time. Will probably wait for the 180 count bottle to come out and pick that up. Should be some good logs.

40-Yard Dash_2
07-10-2006, 08:59 PM
I think PU should apply for testing here and Youngsquatter in the sesaglow thread.

That'd be rather interesting.

boyscouT
07-10-2006, 09:07 PM
I think PU should apply for testing here and Youngsquatter in the sesaglow thread.

That'd be rather interesting.
Indeed, lol... *strokes chin*

Hizzie
07-10-2006, 10:22 PM

Sex:male

Height:5'10"

Weight:187lbs

Bodytype:endo-mesomorph

Training experience:14yrs

Training Schedule/Protocol:goal is 3 weight and 2-3 cardio days a week. more of less depending on my job.

weight day:
core work=
pike walk x 5
dynamic side briges x 6
glute bridge w/adduction x 6
hindu-pushup x 10
done as circuit x 3, 90 seconds rest

OR

3 position cable crunch/reverse hyper superset x 3 no rest between sets
and
cable lifting/cable chopping superset x 2, 2minutes rest

strength complexes=
dumbell front squat to press
romanian deadlift
2 arm dumbell row
alternating incline dumbell press
dumbell split squat aka lunge
dumbell curl to press (light days) or alternating hammer curls (heavy days)
dumbell pullover and press (light days only)

done in a circuit, 2-3.5 minutes between circuits. 12-6 reps each exercise depending on weight.

Specific strength work done for 1 muscle group per session
Squats for legs
deadlifts or hang cleans for back/traps
dumbell pullover/dips superset for chest/lats

prehab for shoulder is done every workout day consisting of:
stability ball y's, t's, w's, l's x 15 each, stability ball pushups x 15-25 and reach/roll/lift x 15 with stability ball. 1 circuit.

Cardio Schedule/Protocol:30-45min eliptical trainer, 15 minutes of movement prep (stretching) and prehab.

Current supplements:generic superdrol, generic multi vitamin, muscle milk, generic whey protien, vitamin c, milk thistle, NAC, ripped fuel if needed

Current Diet:3000-4500 calories, 300-400 grams protien. I try to eat clean but not make myself crazy.

Short Term Goal: add muscle and strength

Long Term Goal: I'd like to be in better shape. Bigger, faster, stronger and leaner.

Prescription/Recreational drugs:none

Supplement history: creatine, NOS (generic bulk), numerous diet pills bunch of different protiens

Reason we should select you: I normally have to articulate my activities at work in detailed reports.

Here is my current SD log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=840608

HalleluYAH
07-11-2006, 05:41 AM
What has it done for your hair, specifically?
My hair is much healthier, thicker, and grows much quicker when supplementing with sesamin. IMO, it does even more for my hair/skin than fish oil, though the two together make a real nice stack. My scalp quality has gotten better in terms of not being either oily nor dry.

adoniscomplex
07-11-2006, 07:55 AM
My hair is much healthier, thicker, and grows much quicker when supplementing with sesamin. IMO, it does even more for my hair/skin than fish oil, though the two together make a real nice stack. My scalp quality has gotten better in terms of not being either oily nor dry.
i didnt really notice any of those effects , i guess i need to pay more attention to see . either way its a great product

Segansational
07-11-2006, 08:47 AM
I take it that if your current supplement regimen includes sesamin that you aren't eligible to test for either thread?

heavyduty
07-11-2006, 10:46 AM
I'll give it a whirl

Sex: *Male*

Height: *5-10'*

Weight: *188*

Bodytype: *Meso/Endo*

Training experience: *4 Years*

Training Schedule/Protocol: *5x5, Mark Riptoe*

Cardio Schedule/Protocol: *4 times a week but I will soon be going on the cut diet soon as it arives.*

Current supplements:
-On Whey
-Now Adam
-Green Tea
-XF Vendetta
-XF Replenish
-XF Ultra Peptide
-Scivation Xtend
-Now Vitaberry Anit.
-Omega Thunder
-Primaforce CEE
-Fish Oil
* Been thinking about going on an x-factor cycle on the cut, but I'm not sure if the cut diet conflict with an x-factor diet as I will be following the cut diet to a T. Almost positive sesamin does conflict with x-factor.

Current Diet: *Will be on the cut diet*

Short Term Goal: *Cut to about 7-10% bf*

Long Term Goal: *Bigger and bigger*

Prescription/Recreational drugs: *None*

Supplement history: *Too long to list but its alot*

Location: *Home to the back to back home run derby winners, Philadelphia's Finest.*

Reason we should select you: *Because I have nothing better to do*

young_squatter
07-11-2006, 12:38 PM
I take it that if your current supplement regimen includes sesamin that you aren't eligible to test for either thread?
just post your info, everyone post there info, everyone is qulified.

Wrek
07-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Sex: male
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 210lbs
Bodytype: Endo/Meso
Training Experience: Have been working out since I was 15 with extended breaks when real life interfered (i.e. alcohol). I no longer drink and have been back at it for nearly two years.
Training Schedule: 5 days of cardio in AM and 4 days of lifting per week. Usually do an upper/lower split with a seperate day for chest and shoulders as I feel these two get neglected when mixed with other upper exercises.
Current Supps: Green Tea, Milk Thistle, Multi-Vitamin, Saw Palmetto, Protein Powder, Fish Oil.
Current Diet: Lower carb throughout week with refeed on Saturday. Protein around 250 to 300g per day.
Short Term goal: I've already lost 35lbs and need to lose about 25lbs more.
Long Term goal: Increase my lifts and prove to my wife that I will wear all those 34's I kept lol.
Prescription Drugs: Metoprolol, Mycardis, Lexapro, Metformin, Zetia, and Test Cyp (I am hypogonadic and have diabetes).
Supplement History: Lots I am an old guy.
Reason you should pick me: Why not try your product out on an older guy who doesn't have the metabolism of a rabbit and has the time necessary to keep your log? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

heavyduty
07-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Hey YS would the Cut diet conflict with x-factor, I havn't received the book yet. thanks

MuZI
07-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Hey YS would the Cut diet conflict with x-factor, I havn't received the book yet. thanks

Doesn't sound like a bad idea at all, recomp on a XF cycle sounds awesome.

I don't see anything major in the diet to conflict with XF :D

heavyduty
07-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Doesn't sound like a bad idea at all, recomp on a XF cycle sounds awesome.

I don't see anything major in the diet to conflict with XF :D
Thank muzi, thats good to hear now I just need to find some cash!

young_squatter
07-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Well with all the healthy fats you will be eating, maybe.

d1353l
07-11-2006, 01:57 PM
pick me =D

boyscouT
07-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Sweet... i'm looking to get thicker hair.

heavyduty
07-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Well with all the healthy fats you will be eating, maybe.
Thanks a lot, way to burst my bubble!

young_squatter
07-11-2006, 02:42 PM
Thanks a lot, way to burst my bubble!
lol, Im not sure. Ask Phosphate bond about that, Im not that famililar wit x factor.

young_squatter
07-11-2006, 09:38 PM
bump

pdigs
07-11-2006, 11:59 PM

Height: 5'4''

Weight: 170 (while cutting now about 8-9% bf), (was about 175 off-season about 11-13% bf)

Bodytype: Mesomorph
ARMS: 17" unflexed, 17.5" flexed
LEGS: 26.5"
Waist: 31" goal 28" (It's already down 3" in a month all of my fat gain goes to my stomach and face for some reason every where else is always lean)

Training experience: been lifting since I was 15 so about 7 yrs started off mixing powerlifting with bodybuilding my joints hurt too much and hurt my rotator cuff benching 335x4 and my knees ached from heavy squats as well as lower back so i cut the rest time, slightly boosted the reps up, and started
performing sets like bench rest t-bar row rest back to bench to keep blood flow in my joints so i was lifting good weight but not too too heavy and my joints and knees do not ache at all ne more nor does my rotator cuff hurt

Training Schedule/Protocol: for the past yr and a half i was perfroming a 3 on 1 off 1 on 1 off 2 on 1 off 9 day cycle
Day 1: chest n back (short rest time 60-90 secs to slightly higher volume to maximize hypertrophy
2: legs (same protocol)
3: Shoulders n arms (same protocol)
4: OFF
5: Chest and back (longer rest times less volume max weights to maximize strength)
6: OFF
7: Shoulders and arms (same protocol as day 5)
8: legs (same)
9: OFF
10:repeat

my gains have slowed so i have changed my routine since the summer to a very different style to shock my body since i do not have a spot but to also prevent injury on bench i have moved to smith machine i feel it is a change but also works better for my chest development. I feel changing up a routine is a good way to shock the body and has proven is the past been a great way to boost size and strength

I will be focusing on almost all compound exercises

Mon: upper body (less volume heavy day reps 7,6,5 with one 12 rep drop set on an isolation exericise after compound exercise is done for the given body part to increase tension time for the mitochondria) and abs
Tues: HIIT Cardio
Wed: Heavy legs less volume, abs, post workout LISS cardio 20-25 mins
Thursday: HIIT cardio
FRIDAY: Upper body light day slightly higher volume (10, 9, 8 sets), abs
Saturday: light higer volume legs, abs
Sunday: OFF

MODAY (about 45-50mins): (upper body) 2 warms up sets each Bench and row
1a: Smith Machine Incline bench or Smith machine Flat bench (same weight 7,6,5) increase weights once get 3 sets of 7 reps, rest 60-90 secs perfrom 1b at the end of 3rd set perfrom drop set of cable or machine flyes 12 reps

1b: Bent over row (same weight 7,6,5) rest 60-90 secs go back to exercise a
end of 3rd set drop set of cable rows 12 reps

2a: Smith Machine Shoulder press, dumbell, or Hammer strength shoulder press (same weight 7,6,5) end 3rd set with drop set of 12 reps of either upright rows or rear lateral raises)

2b: Barbell Shrugs ( reps 7,6,5) drop set of 12 reps on dumbell shrugs

3a: Decline close grip bench or weighted Dips (reps 7,6,5) drop set with single arm cable pushdowns (alternate grips used), cable tricep pushdowns, reverse push downs, or overhead tricep extension for 12 reps

3b: Cambered Barbell curls (reps 7,6,5) drop set of concentration curls or concentration hammer curls of 12 reps

ABS: Decline Crunch 1 warm up set 3 working sets with weight
3 sets of leg lifts

Tuesday: HIIT Cardio 20mins

Wednesday(35-40mins): 2 Warms ups for squats and calf raises

1a: Squat (reps 7,6,5) drop set of leg extensions 12 reps
1b: Seated calf raises (15, 15, 15)

2a: SLDL : (reps 7,6,5) drop set of leg curls 12 reps
2b: standing calf raise (3 sets of 15 and a drop set of 25)

ABS: 1 warm up set then weighted cable crunches 3 sets 8-12 range, 3 sets of leg raises on pull up bar (8-12 range), 3 sets of decline bench side bends of obliques (15-20 range)

LISS cardio for 25 mins

Thursday: 20 mins HIIT cardio

FridaY(50-55mins): upper body:
1a: Smith Machine Incline bench or Dumbell Incline bench (same weight 10,9,8) increase weights once get 3 sets of 10 reps, rest 60-90 secs perfrom 1b

1b: t-bar row (same weight 10,9,8) rest 60-90 secs go back to exercise a

2a: If perfrom Smith Incline bench either do Chest dips, Hammer Strength Bench, or Smith Flat Bench, If do dumbells have to perfrom Flat smith bench
(same weight reps 10,9,8)

3a: Smith Machine Shoulder press, dumbell, or Hammer strength shoulder press, or upright rows (same weight 10,9,8)

3b: dumbell Shrugs ( reps 10,9,8)

4a: skull crushers or overhead tricep extensions (reps 10,9,8)

4b: alternating dumbell curls (reps 10,9,8)

Saturday(45-50mins): reps legs 10,9,8, calfs 12-20
1a: Squat or Hack squat 3 sets

1b: Standing calf raise 3 sets

2a: leg press 3 sets

2b: leg press calf raises 3 sets

3a: leg extensions

3b: leg curls

ABS: 3 sets of medicine ball weight crunches or ab roller crunches (8-12 reps)
3 sets of leg raises

*********** the leg routines will be switched with this one every week so each will be perfromed every other week

Wednesday(40-50mins): Hamstring Focus Indirect Quad work all will be done 3 sets of 8-15 reps
1a: Sumo wide squat
1b: seated calf raise
2a: wide and high leg press or hack squat
2b: leg press calf raise (12-20 reps)
3: legs curls, SLDL, or lunges

Saturday: (40-50mins) Quad Focus indirect hamstring work 3 sets of 8-15 reps all sets
1a: Narrow stance squat
1b: standing calf raise
2a: narrow stand and low leg press of hack squat
2b: leg press calf raise (12-20 reps)
3: leg extensions

Cardio Schedule/Protocol: ****refer to above

Current supplements: ON whey protein with glutamine in it, Shaklee: vitamin c, vitamin e, lecithin, liver regulation, Omega 3's, calcium, multivitamin, B vitamin- Complex, garlic tabs, Fat loss booster (with ALA, chromium, taurine, magnesium, zinc, and vanadium)

I am going to start on Primaforce CEE, CLA, and L-carnitine in about a week

Current Diet:
Meal 1: many egg whites with 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup of oatmeal with water
2: 4 oz lean turkey, 93% lean ground turkey, or 1/2 can of tuna sometimes with whole wheat whole grain fiber wraps with soy protein if i have that i have little bit of brown rice, whole wheat pasta, whole grain pretzels if i dotn have the wrap i have a slight bit more
3: same as 2
4: (4 and 5 can switch depending on work and go to the gym) this is post work out or HIIT cardio 1 and half scoops of ON protein, 1 whole frozen banana, 1 cup of 100% OJ in a shake)
5: can vary depending on dinner from thalapia, salmon, trout, haddock, ground turkey, 95% lean hamburg, chicken normally thats what we eat i have about 4-5 oz with brown rice or baked potato
6: same as 5 depending on the night 4-5 oz of the meat but with out the carb or broc**** i might have with it

i have about 1800-2000 cals every day 30-65 grams of fat, 150-200 carbs, 170-260 grams of protein depending on what i eat. i have one day of higher carbs and fat a week. I keep my meals 20-50 grams of protein, low fat, and 15-30 grams of carbs excluding post workout which is 60-70grams good simple carbs

Short Term Goal: Cut slowly to as low bf % as i can get b4 college starts up september 5th but maintain as much muscle as possible and maybe gain some if possible on the way im losing about .75 lb to a pound a week already i have lost 3 inches off of my waist and only 3-5 lbs so i must be gained muscle or retaining it all all this in a month period while my muscle measurements are the same if not larger

Long Term Goal: gain lean muscle and be 180-185 lbs at about 5% bf (like my idol fraco columbu)

Prescription/Recreational drugs: claritin ocassionally, inhaler for asthma

Supplement history: sometimes takes ON whey protein which i am now havent taken ne other supplements in 2 and half yrs which were glutamine, creatine monohydrate or cell tech when i first started, and once ZMA

Reason we should select you: well u clamined Sesamin can help maximize fat loss, support liver and kidney health and maintain healthy lipid profiles and I am trying to lose fat since I am cutting it would be perfect for me but since I will be on a other supplements it is a lot of the kidneys and liver to process so helping liver and kidney health would be a great benefit since I obviously want to always stay healthy and be able to take supplements so I can get bigger. I am very dedicated I never miss a meal or day at the gym. I have a great attitude i lift like an animal even on little sleep i dont use ne excuses on things to motivate me more. I have always wanted to keep a log and was going to before I saw this post so I think it would be a great time to start. I am on the computer every day so i can update the log everyday, and I have access to a digital camera to take good b4 and after pics. I also know my body and am consistant so I can tell if the products worked for me.

sublimejeh
07-12-2006, 08:45 AM
Im doing a log right now including sesamin with some other products,so theres another sesamin log to add to the list :)

young_squatter
07-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Keep them coming

punksurfer024
07-12-2006, 02:32 PM
good luck to the testers, scivation is a solid company with solid products!

young_squatter
07-13-2006, 09:56 AM
where my dogs at

HalleluYAH
07-13-2006, 10:05 AM
where my dogs at
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/HalleluYAH/f14111z86nt.jpg

boyscouT
07-13-2006, 02:44 PM
When will testers be announced?

young_squatter
07-13-2006, 05:32 PM
Well I need more applicants, Id say probably monday. Depends how long it takes to get applicants.

BiologyBabe
07-13-2006, 05:41 PM

Sex: F

Height: 5'5.25

Weight: 132

Bodytype: Meso

Training experience: 5+ years lifting/4 years as a certified personal trainer

Training Schedule/Protocol: 5 day split- currently implementing the Training Schedule from the Cut Diet Book- I am in Phase I/Week 3

Cardio Schedule/Protocol: 5 x week @ moderate pace x 30 min. & 1 x week, HIIT x 20 min

Current supplements: IDS WPI; 4 servings/day, Xtend, NOW-SUPER OMEGA 3,6,9, ALA, Ephedrine/CA, creatine mono

Current Diet: **Designed by Str8Flexed, so wont go into detail** but its pretty low in cal/carb and is about a 50/30/20 split-- with a carb up day every 5th day.

Short Term Goal: 12% BFM by September 1st

Long Term Goal: Maintain less than 16% BFM throughout the winter season to compete in three shows

Prescription/Recreational drugs: None

Supplement history: have taken everything under the sun..except steroids

Reason we should select you: I'm a very nice girl and deserve it. Actually I can keep a good log and have used Sesamin before and didnt take note of results if any, I'd like to. Thanks.

40-Yard Dash_2
07-13-2006, 05:50 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e114/HalleluYAH/f14111z86nt.jpg

Oh snap!

boyscouT
07-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Well I need more applicants, Id say probably monday. Depends how long it takes to get applicants.
Ah, I never knew you picked the applicant's yourself. I thought Marc / Derek would help you.

young_squatter
07-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Ah, I never knew you picked the applicant's yourself. I thought Marc / Derek would help you.

We all share our thoughts and pick who we feel will do a good job at logging our products.

young_squatter
07-14-2006, 12:17 PM
yeah buddy, bump

boyscouT
07-14-2006, 01:10 PM
yeah buddy, bump
Ain't nothin' but a peanut.

LJ57
07-14-2006, 01:44 PM
Sex : Male
Height : 5’9
Weight : 204
Bodytype :endo-meso

Training Experience : about two years though the last year has been the most serious I’ve been about training.

Current Training Schedule :

Monday – Chest / biceps
Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - OFF
Thursday - Back
Friday – Shoulders / Triceps
Saturday - OFF
Sunday – OFF

Chest : Incline DB Press, Flat DB Press, Incline Flyes, Push ups (warm up and finish)
Biceps : Barbell Curls, Preacher Curls, Incline Hammer Curls
Legs : Step Ups, Lunges, Leg Extensions
Back – DB Rows, Barbell Rows
Shoulders – DB Press, Side Lateral Raise, Upright Rows
Triceps – Lying Tri Extensions, Pressdowns, Dips, Overhead Extensions
Abs – Crunch, Reverse Crunch, Oblique Crunch

Cardio : I usually swim for 20 minutes 2-3 times per week.

Current Supplements : multivitamin/mineral, Dymatize Elite Whey, Giant WPI, Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide, Glutamine, USPLabs cAMPHIBOLIC, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Universal Storm, ZMA, Ester C,

Prescription/recreational drugs : none

Are you currently being treated for any known medical conditions? : No

Supplement/Product History : I have studied supplements/nutrition and tried a wide variety of products. To name a few specifics : Protein : Dymatize Elite Whey. Optimum 100%, Scivation Substance, Creatine : Universal Storm, BSN NO-Xplode, Test Boosters : CL Blue Up, Scivation Fenotest, Diesel Test 2010, ZMA, Novedex XT, Universal Storm. Fat Burning : Xenadrine NRG, EC,

Medical conditions : none

Current Diet: I eat approximately 2200-2300 calories per day consisting of 6 meals. I keep carbs low though I don’t aim for any precise ratios. I make sure I get 50-75g of healthy fats. Once per week I include a semi-cheat day where I consume around 2500-2700 calories with a focus on getting plenty of complex carbohydrates. *I will probably start using the Cut Diet as soon as my book arrives. (it was shipped on the 11th)

Current Daily Water Intake : I drink at least one gallon of water everyday. I fill up a one gallon container and make sure that I finish it by the end of the day.

Short Term Goal : lose fat while retaining as much muscle as possible
Long Term Goal : add muscle without an excess of fat

Links to Past Logs & Reviews :

Diesel Test 2010 Log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=800878

Ergopharm Amp Review/mini Log
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=637862

Novedex XT Log
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=628290

Reason we should select you: I keep detailed logs and update them on a daily basis as well as posting before/after photos. I am currently cutting and would likely benefit from the use of Sesamin.

young_squatter
07-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Testers will be chosen next week, so keep them coming.

heavyduty
07-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Testers will be chosen next week, so keep them coming.
Man this is like the slowest tester needed thread ever! Just give me 2 bottles and I'll double dose. lol

young_squatter
07-15-2006, 06:24 AM
Man this is like the slowest tester needed thread ever! Just give me 2 bottles and I'll double dose. lol
Got to give it time :)

Branded
07-15-2006, 06:29 AM
Need to head off to work, but will definitely post up an app. during my break.

young_squatter
07-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Need to head off to work, but will definitely post up an app. during my break.
Will do :)

Boom782
07-15-2006, 06:05 PM

Weight: 205

Training experience :I have only been training for a little over 2 years now, but it has become my life. Have lost over 140lbs and a rediculous amount of bodyfat in that two year period. I am now an AFAA certified personal trainer and becoming/staying healthy has become not only a lifestyle but a career for me too.

Current Training Schedule / Protocol (as much detail as possible):
Current split:
Monday: Chest/Tris
Tuesday: Quads/Hams/Calves
Wednesday: OFF
Thursday: Shoulders/Traps/calves
Friday: OFF
Saturday: Back/Biceps
I try to stick to this schedule but sometimes vary.

Cardio Schedule/Protocol (as much detail as possible): I probably do about 3-4 hours of cardio a week. Been trying to run in the morning lately before work. Usually 3-5 miles a morning.

Current supplements (exact brand/product name): Controlled Labs WB/GB Stack taken before lifting. Bulk CEE and Glutamine as well as Universal BCAA's taken after lifting. Optimum 100%.

7:00am: 2 Cups Kashi w/ cup skim milk OR 6 eggs only 2 yolks and 1/2 cup oats

10:00am: Protein bar while at work

2:00PM: 10oz chicken w/ low carb wrap

5:00pm: 2 scoops Optimum whey in water

7:00pm: Post workout shake/banana

10:00pm: 1 cup low fat cottage cheese and 1/4 cup almonds

2000-2400 calories daily. Roughly 40/40/20

Current Daily water intake: 1.5-2 gallons

Short Term Goal: Post in my sig. 210lbs 12%bf by end of July. Might be out of reach now.

Long Term Goal: 210lbs 8-10%bf

ANY and ALL Prescription / Non-Prescription / Recreational drugs: None

Supplement history (as much detail as possible): NO-Xplode, Universal Shock Therapy/Storm stack. Muscle Milk, Lipo 6, San Tight, Lean Tabs, Hydroxycut, Dicana

Other product reviews / logs you have done (with links): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=841421
Still fairly new to the forums so haven't done a log yet but I am more than willing to since I already write down my nutrition on a daily basis anyways.

Current / Progress Photos: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=769821

Can you post "before" and "after" photos (yes or no): Yes

Reason we should select you: Getting in shape and being healthy has become my new life and I put everything I have into my training and diet. I believe I can give very detailed and objective feedback on this product. I also read somewhere(forget where) that Sesamin can possibly help tighten up loose skin(no idea if true or not) but I have lost 140lbs and have a lot of loose skin so I would be a perfect test subject to see if that may be the case. :p

Also, I know the fact that I have never done a log is probably a factor that weighs heavily against me, but I would deffinitely like to show you that I can and will do a very good and detailed log. This will also help me in getting chosen for future testing of products. :p

Branded
07-15-2006, 10:39 PM

Height: 6'0

Weight: Currently 190 (although still slightly fluctuating due to a bodybuilding contest I did July 8).

Training experience: 5 total (2 recreationally, 3 seriously)

Sun: Abs
Mon: Upper Body Tension*
Tue: Lower Body Tension*
Wed: Rest
Thurs: Back/Shoudler Volume**
Fri: Chest/Arms Volume***
Sat: Legs Volume****

*Tension workouts are based on a wave progression-type scheme.
Example:
Week 1: (10 sets of 3 reps), 60% of max for selected lift.
Week 2: (8 sets of 3 reps), 70% " "
Week 3: (6 sets of 3 reps), 80% " "
Week 4: (5 sets of 3 reps), 90% " "
Week 5: (3 sets of 3 reps), 100% (Current Max)
Week 6: (3 sets of 3 reps), 110% " "
Week 7: 60% of new max OR an attempt at 110%+

Selected Lifts:
-Incline BB Bench Press
-Weighted Pull-ups
-DB Shoulder Press
-Squats
-SLDL

**20-25 sets for back, 8-10 sets for shoulders
***18-22 sets for chest, 7-9 sets for triceps, 7-9 sets for biceps
****25-35 sets for legs
-Rep range varies between 6-15 reps, all sets done 1-2 reps shy of failure.

-Cardio will be done 2-3 times per week. Will incorporate 20-30 minutes moderate intensity post-workout on Mondays, and a 20 minute HIIT session on Wednesday. Any additional cardio will be an extra 20-30 minute moderate intensity post workout session on Sunday or Tuesday.

Current supplements:
-Champion Nutrition Whey Protein (Choc. flavor)
-BCAA's
-Creatine
-Multivitamin
-Fish Oil
-Extra Vit. C, E, and B Complex.

Current Diet:
-Carb Cycling
S: Low
M: High
T: Low
W: Low
Th: High
F: Low
S: High

*Low days: 400/200/75 (P/C/F)
*High Days 400/535/70 (P/C/F)

Short Term Goal:
-Bulk up to 200-205 pounds by start of school (Aug. 28) with as little fat gain as possible.

Long Term Goal:
-Bulk up to a lean 220 pounds over 18-24 months, and cut down to compete at a bodyweight of 193-196 pounds @ 3-4% bodyfat.

Prescription/Recreational drugs:
-None

Supplement history:
-Whey Protein
-Multivitamin
-Fish Oil
-Flax Oil
-CLA
-Extra Vit. C, E, and B
-AST Micronized Creatine
-E/C
-Lipoderm Ultra
-Syntrax Swole V2
-BSL Kreatine Ultra
-ON's BCAA 5000
-ALA
-Absolved

-Being a biomedical science major at college, and after taking numerous chemistry courses/labs, I understand the importance of taking accurate notes and paying much attention to detail and records.

-I am very anal about neatness and being orderly, and generally like to include any details in reviews or descriptions.

-I've been toying with the idea of starting a general workout log on these forums, and this would give me even more incentive to do so.

-Finally, I'll be honest, I'm a poor-ass college student looking to save a little money, but is willing to put in the time and effort to give an honest, unbiased review.

lufer
07-16-2006, 05:05 AM

Height: 5'11

Weight: 166 lbs

Training experience:
Before Mrch of 04 i was overweight and then i joined the gym... I didnt know what i was doing just that i was only eating a few times a day and running my ass off, i got to 140lbs. Then i started learning more about BB where i Started my first bulk. I bulked to 170lbs then i cut down to 155 and 10% BF. Now That i know more than i ever thought i would i am almost done with my second bulk.

Training Schedule / Protocol:
Day 1: Chest/tri
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Back/BI
Day 4: Rest
Day 5: Shoulderrs
Day 6: Arms
Day 7: REST

Here is a sample of my routine:

Chest Day

Flat Bench Barbell Bench Press :: 3 sets, 8-15 reps

Incline Barbell Bench Press :: 3 sets, 8-126 reps

Decline DB :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Cable Butterfly Crossovers :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Back Day

Shoulder Grip Lat Pulldown :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Conventional Deadlifts :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Bent Over EZ Barbell Rows :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

One-Handed DB Row :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Bodyweight Pullups :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Shoulder Day
Exercise :: Weight(lbs) x Reps (Warm-Up sets in italics)

DB Shoulder Press :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Cable Side Lateral Raise :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Cable Front Raise :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Rear Delt Machine Flyes :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

BB Shrugs :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Arm Day

Bodyweight Dips :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Close Grip Bench :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

SkullCrushers :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Tricep Pulldowns (Straight Bar) :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Bicep EZ Barbell Curls :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Preacher Curls :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Incline DB Curls :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Leg Day
Exercise :: Weight(lbs) x REP (Warm-up sets in italics)

Squats :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Leg Press :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Leg Extension :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Leg Curl :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Angled Calf Raises :: 3 sets, 4-6 reps

Stairmaster 3x a week.

Current Supplements:
Omega Thunder
NOW Omega-3
Substance WPI
GNC Mega Man
Greentea extract

Aiming for 4000 cals, 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat. Consists of fruits, vegetables, rice, pasta, oats, breads, sushi, tuna, beef, pork, chicken, turkey, salmon, peanut butter.

Short Term Goal: Bulk until I am 200lbs+185 , while maintaining a bodyfat under 13%

Long Term Goal: 190lbs+ @ 7% bf

ANY and ALL Prescription / Non-Prescription / Recreational drugs:
None

Supplement history (as much detail as possible):
On 100% whey protein
Hydroxy cut Hardcore
Thermos shred
LEukic
Gakic
Nitrix

Reason we should select you: I know I can give honest, objective, and very detailed feedback on this product. I give 110% in the gym, in the kitchen, and at life, and if chosen, I will put 110% into this product as a tester.

cuponoodles
07-16-2006, 04:33 PM

Weight: 205

Training experience :I have only been training for a little over 2 years now, but it has become my life. Have lost over 140lbs and a rediculous amount of bodyfat in that two year period. I am now an AFAA certified personal trainer and becoming/staying healthy has become not only a lifestyle but a career for me too.

Current Training Schedule / Protocol (as much detail as possible):
Current split:
Monday: Chest/Tris
Tuesday: Quads/Hams/Calves
Wednesday: OFF
Thursday: Shoulders/Traps/calves
Friday: OFF
Saturday: Back/Biceps
I try to stick to this schedule but sometimes vary.

Cardio Schedule/Protocol (as much detail as possible): I probably do about 3-4 hours of cardio a week. Been trying to run in the morning lately before work. Usually 3-5 miles a morning.

Current supplements (exact brand/product name): Controlled Labs WB/GB Stack taken before lifting. Bulk CEE and Glutamine as well as Universal BCAA's taken after lifting. Optimum 100%.

7:00am: 2 Cups Kashi w/ cup skim milk OR 6 eggs only 2 yolks and 1/2 cup oats

10:00am: Protein bar while at work

2:00PM: 10oz chicken w/ low carb wrap

5:00pm: 2 scoops Optimum whey in water

7:00pm: Post workout shake/banana

10:00pm: 1 cup low fat cottage cheese and 1/4 cup almonds

2000-2400 calories daily. Roughly 40/40/20

Current Daily water intake: 1.5-2 gallons

Short Term Goal: Post in my sig. 210lbs 12%bf by end of July. Might be out of reach now.

Long Term Goal: 210lbs 8-10%bf

ANY and ALL Prescription / Non-Prescription / Recreational drugs: None

Supplement history (as much detail as possible): NO-Xplode, Universal Shock Therapy/Storm stack. Muscle Milk, Lipo 6, San Tight, Lean Tabs, Hydroxycut, Dicana

Other product reviews / logs you have done (with links): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=841421
Still fairly new to the forums so haven't done a log yet but I am more than willing to since I already write down my nutrition on a daily basis anyways.

Current / Progress Photos: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=769821

Can you post "before" and "after" photos (yes or no): Yes

Reason we should select you: Getting in shape and being healthy has become my new life and I put everything I have into my training and diet. I believe I can give very detailed and objective feedback on this product. I also read somewhere(forget where) that Sesamin can possibly help tighten up loose skin(no idea if true or not) but I have lost 140lbs and have a lot of loose skin so I would be a perfect test subject to see if that may be the case. :p

Also, I know the fact that I have never done a log is probably a factor that weighs heavily against me, but I would deffinitely like to show you that I can and will do a very good and detailed log. This will also help me in getting chosen for future testing of products. :p

Dude that amount of weight loss is extremely impressive. Well done.

young_squatter
07-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Testers will be chosen this week so get the applications in :)

Boom782
07-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Thanks cuponoodles

young_squatter
07-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Last bump

noleguy
07-17-2006, 11:06 AM
Sean
age 22
5 yrs body building
sex-male
wt-180
ht 5'9
goal wt 190

current supps- dymatize elite protein, salmon oil, ALA, nitrix

i stick to the basics of lifting

moday-legs
tues-chest
wed-back-traps
thurs-arms
fri-shoulders

why pick me?
B.S in Exercise Science from FSU. Studied in Metab 1, Metab 2, exercise physiology, strength&conditioning.

Interested in trying anything that will help add quality muscle with current clean diet.

Proper knowledge of training principles

thanks

young_squatter
07-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Selected Testers:
Boyscout
Pastorgbc
BiologyBabe
LJ57
Boom782
Branded
Wrek
Pdigs
Cuponoodles
HeavyDuty

Please PM me with your
Name
Adress
Zip Code
City
State

Thanks to everyone for applying.

young_squatter
07-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Bump for tester info.

Scivation
07-18-2006, 06:55 AM
180 Count Scivation Sesamin for $34.99 in the Cyberstore! Proven effective and the most inexpensive Sesamin on the market!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sesaminper.html

young_squatter
07-18-2006, 09:54 AM
180 Count Scivation Sesamin for $34.99 in the Cyberstore! Proven effective and the most inexpensive Sesamin on the market!

Double the caps, for just a few bucks more. Cant beat that one.

boyscouT
07-18-2006, 01:52 PM
Bump for tester info.
You got my PM I sent yesterday, right?

PS: Thanks again for selecting me.

young_squatter
07-18-2006, 02:38 PM
You got my PM I sent yesterday, right?

PS: Thanks again for selecting me.
Yes sir I did, I am waiting for 2 more and then the info will be sent in and all sesamin will be shipped.

boyscouT
07-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Yes sir I did, I am waiting for 2 more and then the info will be sent in and all sesamin will be shipped.
Awesome... looking forward to doing the log. :cool:

heavyduty
07-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Info sent yesterday, just checkin you got it.
Thanks again.

young_squatter
07-18-2006, 04:21 PM
I need biologybabe, and Pdigs info.

young_squatter
07-19-2006, 08:47 AM
bump for tester info.

40-Yard Dash_2
07-19-2006, 09:44 AM

Sweet!!!

:D

TimoteoS
07-19-2006, 09:48 AM
should come with a free cut diet book as well!!

young_squatter
07-19-2006, 09:52 AM
should come with a free cut diet book as well!!
Oh it does, if you dont recieve it just email scivation and he will send it.

HalleluYAH
07-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Oh it does, if you dont recieve it just email scivation and he will send it.
I'll test the free diet book for you! I already know sesamin rocks! :D

young_squatter
07-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Bump biologybabe and pdigs.

Please try to get info to me by tomorrow, or I will have to pick 2 others.

young_squatter
07-19-2006, 05:53 PM
pdigs please have info to me by tomorrow, thanks

young_squatter
07-20-2006, 11:59 AM
I need one more tester to test sesamin, Pdigs has not sent his info and I have pm him with no response. So who is interested?

heavyduty
07-20-2006, 12:11 PM
I need one more tester to test sesamin, Pdigs has not sent his info and I have pm him with no response. So who is interested?
*COUGH COUGH "Double Dose" COUGH* lol

young_squatter
07-20-2006, 12:58 PM
There will be 9 testers instead of 10 for sesamin. Pdigs did not send info. So good luck to the 9 of you who did.

LJ57
07-20-2006, 01:01 PM
*COUGH COUGH "Double Dose" COUGH* lol

It would be interesting to see a "double-dosed" log considering that Marc and Derek supposedly take 6 per day.

heavyduty
07-20-2006, 01:38 PM
It would be interesting to see a "double-dosed" log considering that Marc and Derek supposedly take 6 per day.
I know right..........lol

young_squatter
07-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Ships tomorrow

boyscouT
07-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Sweet, thanks again to everyone at SciVation.

Branded
07-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Sweet, thanks again to everyone at SciVation.

I second that.

gangsta1087
07-20-2006, 08:36 PM
a young_squatter choose me

BiologyBabe
07-21-2006, 11:36 AM
So those shipped today? Great...and thanks to Scivation and yound_squatter for selecting me.

young_squatter
07-21-2006, 11:59 AM
So those shipped today? Great...and thanks to Scivation and yound_squatter for selecting me.
Welcome :)

boyscouT
07-25-2006, 02:45 AM
Received my Sesamin :D.

Log will start tonight.

Boom782
07-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Just recieved mine today. I will start my log July 30th and post a link to it here. Waiting because I have a wedding Saturday and I will be out of town for a couple days and will be eating like crap and not working out much.

Thanks again young_squatter and Scivation for this opportunity.

TimoteoS
07-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Boom, I know your going to think Im crazy but I say start taking it, Sesamin can be good on cheat days as it has some good nutrient partitioning effects the next day you wont wake up all bloated... Just my .02

Boom782
07-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Hmm, well another reason I guess I was going to wait is because my mother is borrowing my digital camera and I won't be able to get it till this weekend and I don't have "before" pics. I am anxious to start though.

boyscouT
07-25-2006, 09:08 PM
I was going to start my log tonight but I injured my shoulder at the gym so i'm about to take a shower and get some needed rest. I will start my log tomorrow morning. I apologize for the delay.

Goodnight everyone.

RichardRussell
07-25-2006, 10:08 PM
I know this has been discussed before, but I'm not sure I ever got a definitive understanding -- What are the differences (and similarities) among Fish Oil / Flax Oil / Sesamin when taking them as a supplement?
At what does one excel better than another? (High lignan content, Omega 3s, Omega 6s, etc. and what do each of those do as a supplement?)

I have done the "basic research" but am looking for a little more depth of understanding and application.

Can flax oil be swapped out for Sesamin, and what would the benefits (and potential drawbacks) be?

Thanks for the discussion...

Branded
07-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Bump

I also received my sesamin in the mail. I will incorporate it into my workout journal and post a link to it once I am able to seriously get rolling (hopefully by tomorrow).

boyscouT
07-26-2006, 11:39 AM
What do you guys (Scivation & Co.) want the dosages to be for each of us?

I'm thinking 2 a day for me (I'm bulking).

boyscouT
07-26-2006, 07:07 PM
What do you guys (Scivation & Co.) want the dosages to be for each of us?

I'm thinking 2 a day for me (I'm bulking).
Bump.

heavyduty
07-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Bump.
Im just gonna run the rec. 3 caps a day cause im cutting :(

Boom782
07-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah, same here. young_squatter reccomended 3 caps a day for 4 weeks and 2 days in an earlier post.

boyscouT
07-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Im just gonna run the rec. 3 caps a day cause im cutting :(

Yeah, same here. young_squatter reccomended 3 caps a day for 4 weeks and 2 days in an earlier post.
Ah I see. Well i'm bulking so i'll start at 2 caps....

Log begins tomorrow morning.

boyscouT
07-27-2006, 10:40 PM
*cough* http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=856454 *cough*

:cool:

Boom782
07-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Im getting ready to start my log Monday and am debating whether or not to take Scorch/Vaporize with it.

I am currently finishing up a cycle of GB/WB which I loved and will be cycling over to Shock Therapy/Storm. I was considering doing EC stack with the Sesamin, but should I give the Scorch/Vaporize a try instead?

Two reasons why I am debating is because I have never tried Sesamin OR Scorch/Vaporize so im thinking I might want to run them seperately to see the results from both.

Any suggestions, especially from Scivation and young_squatter? If you would like me to run your product alone I have no problem with that. Gives more true results that way.

Colin O'Malley
07-29-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm not sure if I am too late to apply,but as an endo who just started cutting,I'm very interested in sesamin .I'm a bit strapped for cash right now:( but I would be more than willing to give thoroughly detailed subjective feedback on any drop in strength and work capacity,as well as fat loss of course, on a daily basis while using Sesamin.I did use Sesathin when it came out a couple years back,but only while lean bulking for a poriod of one month.It didn't induce any muscle flatness,lethargy or weakness as some have reported,nor did it make muscle acrual more difficult.But I was in a signifigant caloric surplus,which is a "big deal",obviously.I hope I would get the same results while dieting.

Sex:M

Height:6'

Weight:198

Bodytype:endo

Training experience:6 years lifting,10+ years of long distance running

My lifting is comprised of lower reps with heavier weight and usually some static holds and drop sets towards the end of each muscle group.I do a lot of Oly lifting with an emphasis on explosive strength taking the forefront over traditional bodybuilding principles.

Day 1 chest/shoulders
Day 2 legs/abs
day 3 back/bi's

Cardio Schedule/Protocol:10 minutes post w/o of steady state;jogging at a steady clip.Sprints once per week.

Current supplements:fish oil,Primaforce CEE,200mg caffiene pre w/o

Current Diet:10 kcals b/w high pro/fiber,healthy fats,low carbs from fruit+whole grains only.Refeed at 2500-2700 once per week.

Short Term Goal:Cut to 180 at 10% b/f

Long Term Goal:Deadlift 500 at a b/w of 180 with no straps.I haven't attempted maxing in several months,I can probably pull around 450-460 conventional with chalk,no straps/gloves.
Stay in decent cardiovascular condition is the other long term goal.

Prescription/Recreational drugs:No history and nothing now,see my signature :)

Supplement history:
creatine
a month long stint on Sesathin while lean bulking
glucosamine
epa/dha

Reason we should select you:[/QUOTE] As I alluded to above in the first paragraph,I would give unbiased and excellent feedback.

boyscouT
07-30-2006, 01:45 AM
Im getting ready to start my log Monday and am debating whether or not to take Scorch/Vaporize with it.

I am currently finishing up a cycle of GB/WB which I loved and will be cycling over to Shock Therapy/Storm. I was considering doing EC stack with the Sesamin, but should I give the Scorch/Vaporize a try instead?

Two reasons why I am debating is because I have never tried Sesamin OR Scorch/Vaporize so im thinking I might want to run them seperately to see the results from both.

Any suggestions, especially from Scivation and young_squatter? If you would like me to run your product alone I have no problem with that. Gives more true results that way.
It seems like SciVation forgot about this entire thread. :(.

young_squatter
07-30-2006, 11:49 AM

Either one would work good, Scorch and vaporize is a great stack. And EC+Sesamin would work good as well. SO personal preference

young_squatter
07-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Anyone who has any questions about the sesamin please send me a PM.

MCWTRAINER
07-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Either one would work good, Scorch and vaporize is a great stack. And EC+Sesamin would work good as well. SO personal preference
I'm using EC now, basically as a clean bulk since my E expires soon. :(

Boom782
07-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Would Sesamin + Scorch/Vaporize be overdoing the Sesamin a bit since Vaporize is also a sesamin product?

young_squatter
07-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Would Sesamin + Scorch/Vaporize be overdoing the Sesamin a bit since Vaporize is also a sesamin product?
Sesamin and vaporize would not be needed together, instead add a fish oil with the sesamin and your good to go.

Boom782
07-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Ok, thanks. Log will start tomorrow.

Boom782
07-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Here we go:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=858752