PDA

View Full Version : stimulant supplements or sesamiin/sesathin

victoriamq
07-10-2006, 10:11 AM
i have been using cla as a supplement getting between 3 -4 gr daily . But no gains in loosing fat.
I have been avoiding stimulant supplements because they sometimes give me a headache, but I think they might be something to try since CLA doesnt seem to help me much. I have only gone 1% body fat in 7 weeks, that is enough testing for me.
If I go ahead and take supplements, I would go for green tea/hoodia that kind of thing? Would it work if I lower the dose a little bit so I can remain sane?
I have read some people recommend sesathin,sesamin. Any comments on this supplement? Does it have another name for which it is also known in the market? I havent found it in my preferred vitamin store. Vitaminworld.com.

Anyway thanks,
victoria

terracotta
07-10-2006, 10:28 AM
How's your diet? Supplements just speed the fat loss up.. if you aren't getting fat loss without them, don't expect to get fat loss with them.

victoriamq
07-10-2006, 08:40 PM
My diet is around 1200,1300 calories daily.
Percentages are pro45carb35 fat20 , i have been using cla for 7 weeks now.

I train 6 days a week (recently changed to machines to shock my body)
weights :monday, wednesday and friday
abs and moderate cardio: tuesday, thursday and saturday.
sunday off

diet is
workout 5-6 am daily (except sunday)
meal1 :orange and 1/4cup oatmeal and 1 scoop protein (after workout)
meal2:1/4c oatmeal and 1/2cup ff cottage cheese
meal3:3,4onz lean protein and 1/2 cup broccolior similar plus tomatoes,lettuce,spinach,some carrots and ff dressing
meal4:rye bread with low fat low carb yogurt ( or some fat free baked potatoe chips)
meal5:same as meal 4
meal6:3,4onz lean protein and garden salad and ff dressing

Sometimes i find it hard to stick to my diet, seems like my body cant take any more yogurt anymore and looks for satisfaction (salty foods)

Height is 5 and 2 inches and weight is 113lbs and fat is 23% :(

Terracota, i have been reading your website and it is an inspiration , that is where i found out about sesathin.

thanks in advance,

DRP7
07-11-2006, 06:47 AM
i have been using cla as a supplement getting between 3 -4 gr daily . But no gains in loosing fat.
I have been avoiding stimulant supplements because they sometimes give me a headache, but I think they might be something to try since CLA doesnt seem to help me much. I have only gone 1% body fat in 7 weeks, that is enough testing for me.
If I go ahead and take supplements, I would go for green tea/hoodia that kind of thing? Would it work if I lower the dose a little bit so I can remain sane?
I have read some people recommend sesathin,sesamin. Any comments on this supplement? Does it have another name for which it is also known in the market? I havent found it in my preferred vitamin store. Vitaminworld.com.

Anyway thanks,
victoria

hi vic!

green tea is a great supplement for fat loss. make sure to get a good green tea extract that contains at least 40-50% of EGCG. EGCG is supposed to be most responsible for the fat-burning efect of green tea.
green tea also has negligable stimulatory effects, so you can take 500 - 700 mg 3-4 times per day.

a very good, almost non-stimlatory combination would be:

green tea + ACLAR (Acetyl-L-Carnitine) + capsaicin

this is very effective combination, especially for thos who don't like stimulants. green tea increases significantly fat oxidation rate, ALCAR helps to transport the fatty acids to the mitochindria, where they are going to "burn" and capsaicin enhances beta-adrenergic action and thermogenesis.

try this first, since it is the most "natural" route and additionally provides some "extra" health benefit (e.g. anti-oxidant action etc.).

If this combination does not lead to satisactor results, you can of course also try one of the new PPAR-modulators, such as sesamin or TTA, wich are also non-stimulatory and that are supposed to increase fat metabollization rate. the reports on sesamin are a somewhat equivocal, some people report a good fat-loss effect, while others don't see any effect from it. TTA is the most recent "wunderkind" of fat loss, however, it needs 20-30 days until action kicks in (it needs to accumulate in your cells / cell-membranes) and some people have reported bad cramping due to TTA.

there are two things you should be aware:

1.) you have a very low caloric intake! this will inevitably slow down your metabolism by a large degree and make your fat loss ineffective. In order to prevent this you NEED to introduce refeed days ( e.g. one reffed day every 4-5 days). On the reffd day you should aim for a caloric surplus and most of your calories should come from complex carbs (no fructose!!!) and protein. avoid fat on reffed days. this will greatly enhance thermogenesis and push your metabolism.

2.) your thyroid function will likely decrease during such low caloric intake. try to take foods with high iodine-content (e.g. kelp / spirulina) and add some extra l-tyrosin. this will help to maintain good thyroid hormone levels, which in turn will help to lose fat.

best regards

david

terracotta
07-11-2006, 08:51 AM
My diet is around 1200,1300 calories daily.
Percentages are pro45carb35 fat20 , i have been using cla for 7 weeks now.

I train 6 days a week (recently changed to machines to shock my body)
weights :monday, wednesday and friday
abs and moderate cardio: tuesday, thursday and saturday.
sunday off

diet is
workout 5-6 am daily (except sunday)
meal1 :orange and 1/4cup oatmeal and 1 scoop protein (after workout)
meal2:1/4c oatmeal and 1/2cup ff cottage cheese
meal3:3,4onz lean protein and 1/2 cup broccolior similar plus tomatoes,lettuce,spinach,some carrots and ff dressing
meal4:rye bread with low fat low carb yogurt ( or some fat free baked potatoe chips)
meal5:same as meal 4
meal6:3,4onz lean protein and garden salad and ff dressing

Sometimes i find it hard to stick to my diet, seems like my body cant take any more yogurt anymore and looks for satisfaction (salty foods)

Height is 5 and 2 inches and weight is 113lbs and fat is 23% :(

Terracota, i have been reading your website and it is an inspiration , that is where i found out about sesathin.

thanks in advance,

Ok, you NEED to give your body protein + carbs preworkout.. if you can only eat very close to your workout, try having a shake with whey + skim milk.

Meals 2,4,5, and 6 need fats.. your fats are VERY VERY low.

Add a complex carb to meal 3.
Change the serving of oats in meal 2 to 1/2 cup.

Meals 4 and 5 need a protein.

Add in 2 servings of fruit.

See.. right now your body is holding onto fat to try to save your life, as you are NOT eating enough.

victoriamq
07-12-2006, 09:16 PM
hi terracota and however is out there:
new plan :

preworkout 1/2 cup ff milk and 1/2 scoop protein
question = do i need to eat this even in cardio and abs day?

1 orange and 1/3c oatmeal and 1 scoop protein
2 1/3 cup oatmeal and 1% cc
3 3,-4 onz lean protein 1/2cup broccoli + garden salad + ff dressing + 1/4 cup brown rice or 1/2 c potatoes
4 rye bread with yogurt w/ 2 onz almonds
5 rye bread with yogurt w/ 2 onz almonds
6 3,4 0nz lean protein and garden salad 2 whole eggs or 1/6 avocado

what do you think? I am trying to push small but consistent changes

terracotta
07-12-2006, 09:25 PM
hi terracota and however is out there:
new plan :

preworkout 1/2 cup ff milk and 1/2 scoop protein
question = do i need to eat this even in cardio and abs day?

1 orange and 1/3c oatmeal and 1 scoop protein
2 1/3 cup oatmeal and 1% cc
3 3,-4 onz lean protein 1/2cup broccoli + garden salad + ff dressing + 1/4 cup brown rice or 1/2 c potatoes
4 rye bread with yogurt w/ 2 onz almonds
5 rye bread with yogurt w/ 2 onz almonds
6 3,4 0nz lean protein and garden salad 2 whole eggs or 1/6 avocado

what do you think? I am trying to push small but consistent changes

Preworkout should be 1 cup ff milk + 1 scoop protein; for cardio day, preworkout should be a carb + protein meal - does not have to be protein powder.

Did you calculate your calories and fat grams using a program like www.nutridiary.com ? My guess is that in meals 4 and 5 you will only need 1 oz of almonds each.. but plug it in a calorie calculating program and see what the calories, fat/protein/carb grams work out to. Looks much better though!

victoriamq
07-13-2006, 06:11 AM
1st thanks
2, i took my bmr in a gym and it came out as 1300 calories. But I will recalculate as you say. Do you have any ratio, before I have tried high carbs 40 or 45% but maybe I wasnt doing it right, I have in your website about 33.33 for each , do you think that would work? shall i stick to a ratio ?

during my adjustment week (changing my calorie intake) shall i expect any weight gain?

thank you again,

terracotta
07-13-2006, 06:47 AM
Your weight might be unstable (ie. go up and or down) for the first 2 weeks of a new program.. do NOT worry about that. As for ratios, with where you are at now, I would try 40c/40p/20f.

terracotta
07-13-2006, 06:50 AM
1st thanks
2, i took my bmr in a gym and it came out as 1300 calories. But I will recalculate as you say. Do you have any ratio, before I have tried high carbs 40 or 45% but maybe I wasnt doing it right, I have in your website about 33.33 for each , do you think that would work? shall i stick to a ratio ?

during my adjustment week (changing my calorie intake) shall i expect any weight gain?

thank you again,

Ok, good you know your BMR. This is the amount of calorie at REST. The amount of calories you would burn if all you did was sleep! Your maintenance will be at least 500 calories over that number, likely much higher - as a guess, ~2000.

Anyways, plug the foods into a calorie program so we can see the ratio, pfc grams, total cals etc.

victoriamq
07-14-2006, 10:10 AM
i will modify my diet to start this week at 1500 with the suggsted macros and next week i will add it up more
you hit the spot when said dont worry if my weight goes up and down, i tend to worry too much and think i am just going downhill, but NOW I KNOW BETTER :)