PDA

View Full Version : How long to Bulk

verde06
07-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Hey guys I just started clean bulking about 2-1/2 months ago and I have had descent gains as in pounds but feeling a bit flabby (mostly around stomach area and pecs). I currently weigh about 195lbs., is it normal to look/feel flabby and how do you know when to stop bulking. I realize that I just started and most likely should continue bulking but was just curious to know when you stop bulking and start cutting. For the most part I eat clean mon.-fri. on saturday I have a few cheat meals and a few beers/whiskey. My main goal is to gain muscle+mass.

Elliptical Envy
07-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Hey guys I just started clean bulking about 2-1/2 months ago and I have had descent gains as in pounds but feeling a bit flabby (mostly around stomach area and pecs). I currently weigh about 195lbs., is it normal to look/feel flabby and how do you know when to stop bulking. I realize that I just started and most likely should continue bulking but was just curious to know when you stop bulking and start cutting. For the most part I eat clean mon.-fri. on saturday I have a few cheat meals and a few beers/whiskey. My main goal is to gain muscle+mass.

People normally bulk until they hit the weight they want to be around. When you are bulking you will gain some fat if you gain too much fat you may be eating too much and gaining weight too quickly. I try to gain maybe .5-1lb per week so I can maintain a low bodyfat percentage :) it will make cutting that much easier.

nc9892
07-10-2006, 10:14 AM
If you started more than 20 lbs less than you are now you might want to stop bulking for a while and work it into muscle.

Also, keep in mind patience is the key to a good body. Gaining to fast can make things more difficult in the long run.

But you might just want to eat less fatty stuff

deadaim
07-10-2006, 11:11 AM
If you started more than 20 lbs less than you are now you might want to stop bulking for a while and work it into muscle.

Also, keep in mind patience is the key to a good body. Gaining to fast can make things more difficult in the long run.

But you might just want to eat less fatty stuff

Not necessarily, ive gone up from 135lbs to 157 in a couple months and only gained 1% bodyfat or maybe 2, im gunna keep going, its all about personal goals, i want to be 165lbs at 9% so im going to keep bulking for now.