PDA

View Full Version : Why Whey?

lean&fem
07-10-2006, 07:54 AM
What does it do, im new to all this and i want to get lean! ive been told to get whey!!

so when is the best time to have it!
will it help me lose fat!
and is there anything else i need to "cut" my abs Lol

thanks for the help guy and gals!
x

Eileen
07-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Whey is the most bio-available protein that you can get easily. The best time to take it is directly after lifting, when you've caused lots of tiny micro-damage to the muscles. Whey, especially if you mix it with a high gi carb like dextrose, will be grabbed by your muscles to repair and rebuild.

I know some people use it as a meal replacmement, but it digests so fast that you will get hungry again quickly, so I'd stick to real food, like eggs or chicken etc.

For cut abs, you need to lose bodyfat, which means clean diet, hard lifting and enough cardio.

SwellGirl
07-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Another good time for whey is first thing in the morning with breakfast to shoot protein to muscles that have been "fasting" all night. I put a scoop in my oatmeal.

ratmonkey
07-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Another good time for whey is first thing in the morning with breakfast to shoot protein to muscles that have been "fasting" all night. I put a scoop in my oatmeal.
don't forget to have another protein source then too. i hit a whey shake right after i wake up, and halfway through the night, and before and after lifting. lol...

md3sign
07-27-2006, 02:45 PM
whey is the fastest absorbing, as was said. it's also cheap and easy to digest :)

I usually have whey + water as a quick PWO shake (30 mins or so before a meal), sometimes a bit after breakfast (though I get enough protein anyway), and I have a cup of water w/ a scoop in the middle of the night waiting in the bathroom when I wake up to do my thing ..

WillDeadliftForFood
07-27-2006, 08:03 PM
Whey is great because:
1) it's cheap
2) it allows you to get more protein in your diet without having to suck down more food than you really feel like
3) can be fixed quickly and consumed on the go
4) meets your body's immediate needs before breakfast and before/after lifting
5) it can give you a chocolate/sweet fix that actually benefits your diet (if you buy the right brand)

Warning: whey is quick digesting, so shouldn't be your only protein source. I mix very diluted protein shakes of whey and milk, so I get a few different sources of protein at once.

AAArated
08-24-2006, 01:38 AM
lean&fem, whey is just pure protein that is digested from ur body very easily...................that's it...............as all said it's used to cover quickly ur needs in protein................as u can do with many other choices of real food also, egg whites for example.............
usually u get whey for easiness.............and convenience...............it doesn't mean that u can not get ur protein needs from other foods also, no..........i never eat whey, but i have a full diet...i eat lean chicken, lean beef, egg whites, turkey, fish as my protein source.............it's a personal choice, whatever is more convenient to anyone.............
the mistake u make is that u think whey is a "magic pill" there are no magic pills!!! if u want to see the results u refered u need: a)wise training, b)appropriate nutrition. c) rest, d)water, e)knowledge, discipline, and patience:-)..........(u get the point)..........
if u don't do all the above in combination, as much whey as u get, u won't see results...........