PDA

View Full Version : no cardio?

kariev34
07-10-2006, 04:08 AM
I was wondering if you can maintain with no cardio and if any of you do no cardio and just lift weights. Currently i'm doing a full body weight routine 3 days a week and cardio on tues and thurs. I hate the cardio days!!! I hate all forms of cardio, hitt and ss. I'm happy with the way i look and was wondering if not doing those cardio sessions would be bad if my diet is clean. also, i was thinking of doing an upper/lower split 5 days a week like so:
monday: upper
tuesday: lower
wednesday: upper
thursday: lower
friday: upper
and then the following week do 3 lowers and 2 upper days. Is this bad? thanks

Amelia
07-10-2006, 08:23 AM
It's individual to the person I believe. Some people can get by without cardio and some absolutely need it in order to attain their goals. I had to experiment with mine to find out the best mix and what works for me is 1-2 days a week for about 45 min (treadmill, high incline, 3.5 - 4.0 or the stair stepper).

sokwatson
07-10-2006, 08:30 AM
Hey Kari-

I'm not doing any cardio whatsoever right now. I upped my calories and strangly enough my weight is going down (?!?). Since my goal is to increase muscle mass, I've decided to back off from cardio for a couple of months.
I am very much a "busy body" though. I'm always on my feet... cleaning, working around the house, or in the yard...so those in itself seem to be enough of a cardiovasular workout.

I'm with Amelia... it kinda just depends on your own goals. Most people do cardio to maintain a healthy heart and metabolism. You can do all sorts though... maybe try getting out of the gym..that might help?