PDA

View Full Version : Hi, want to get lean not bulk, which is best

lean&fem
07-10-2006, 03:28 AM
Hi,

Right i know there is no such thing as toning! it is simply losing the fat covering your muscles and also building the muscle underneath!

i am currently try to lose body fat! and am curretly lifting 80% of my 1RM and im doing 6 sets of six reps

or is it better to lift about 70% and do about 10-12,

i dont want to bulk up majorly just build on what i have and decrease my body fat which is about 18.5% at the mo

also is whey worth it!! what can it do? is it better then egg white (which i thought was the purest from of prtein!)

cheers guys oh il have some pics soon!

emunah
07-10-2006, 07:19 AM
Its best to do both. What exercises are you doing right now?

Yes, whey is superior PWO.

You can't build and lose fat at the same time.

lean&fem
07-10-2006, 07:33 AM
sorry, yeah i know, i have just bulked slightly and now i want to sort of cut, and lose body fat! just was wondering what is better in general, as someone said that lifting really heavy and few will bulk up slightly and if i wanted to tone i would need to do slightly lighter and more

but you say do both?

also so whey is better o.k il buy some, what do you know about creatine! thank you for the reply

emunah
07-10-2006, 06:36 PM
Bulking or cutting is a function of diet, not workouts.

I never said do both. I said you can only do one at a time and to choose one. If you want to cut, continue to lift heavy to maintain your muscle but eat at a deficit.

Creatine is primarily used for bulking.

lean&fem
07-11-2006, 02:23 AM
o.k well il keep with my regime that i am currently doing, which is heavy and few 6 sets of six, the lat one almost blows my head apart! its so heavy i can just about make to the lift!

and i will kepp to a deficit!

and i l get some whey, thank you for your replys x

daYDreAmErX
07-11-2006, 04:47 AM
You didn't understand what she said, I think...

If you want to get lean, it's not about your workout, only about what you eat.