PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible

JD McNugent
07-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Theoretically, if you found out exactly how many calories you exert per day and how much your muscles would need to optimally grow, could you create "the perfect diet" in which you would take in a certain amount of carbs/protein/fat and because it is all being used up you would build maximum muscle while not taking on any fat? Just wondering.

Dave P
07-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Yea

SolidSnake84
07-09-2006, 01:19 PM
good luck!

haha, thats what im trying to do right now. it seems to be working, truth be told. i have been at the same bodyweight for a month and a half, my lifts have all gone up, and ive dropped a lot of bodyfat %, while it appears that im gaining lbm.

im hoping that as my lifts go up even more and my body rids itself of the excess bodyfat, i can actually increase my bodyweight with just pure muscle. i lift 3x a week, and cardio 3 x in between lifting days. basically it looks like this...lift, off, cardio, lift, off, cardio, lift....and so on. more like 3 and 2 lifting and cardio respectively, i suppose, but whatever. my diet is about 5 meals a day. i take in no more than 60 g fat per day. eat slightly more than bodyweight in protein perday, and try to eat carbs only around workouts --pre and post--. milk before bed every night. i also cut out all alcohol 3 weeks ago.

of course i have a cheat meal here and there, and i had my first and only beer yesterday (watchin ufc!--which sucked :( )...to be honest, im really proud of my willpower and progress ive made, and im really excited to see the results to come in the future now that ive stuck with this program for over a month.

so i guess to answer ur question, yes it's possible, but you have to go through a lot of trial and error and be meticulous in ur calorie counting and so forth. im already 22, and still just learning new things about how my body reacts everyday. you should never stop learning.