PDA

View Full Version : Lower back exercises

daYDreAmErX
07-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Hello ladies,

Because I can't deads anymore, someone told me to do seated cable row focusing on lower back. The question is, how do I do that ?

Thanks,

Val

terracotta
07-07-2006, 08:02 PM
hmm.. sounds odd..

Why not just do weighted hyperextensions? or cable pullthroughs?
BTW, what happened that you can't do deadlifts?

Dogmama
07-07-2006, 08:31 PM
If you lean into the weights and keep your back steady, you will feel it in your lower back as well as get a great pump in the mid-upper back.

I hope they were not talking about doing the see-saw motion that I see so often. You know - when the skinny guy is trying to pull 100lbs and has to use his entire back, legs, and future inheritance to get the weights to move.

daYDreAmErX
07-07-2006, 09:04 PM
What are cable pullthroughs ?

What happened ? I usually have good things to say about genetics, but this time... really not ! In my family, we all have lower back problems. For example, my dad had to stop working 8 years ago because 3 discs were missing in his lower back. I tend to have the same problem and I'm going for some exams in a couple of weeks. My doctor asked me to "smooth" on squat (full) and deads, also not to run too much, canoe or stuff like that. That's why, shortly answered...

Thanks.

terracotta
07-07-2006, 09:27 PM
cable pullthroughs might be an issue too.. not sure
I think I linked them on here (http://terracotta2.googlepages.com/exercisedemonstration).

The workout I made for Krista0610 has no squats or deadlifts in it.. you might want to check it out - not sure how far it is in her journal though (the one she is doing now is for time constraints..)

Amelia
07-10-2006, 09:25 AM
hmm.. sounds odd..

Why not just do weighted hyperextensions? or cable pullthroughs?
BTW, what happened that you can't do deadlifts?

I love the weighted hypers! Not only do they give me a great lower back workout but they help firm up the butt too.