PDA

View Full Version : Figuring Nutritional Values

~Lisa~
07-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Hi all,

I made a big pot of Quinoa Chili last night and it is sooooooooooo good. I need to figure out how to enter it into FitDay.com because I will be having this a lot.

I used ground turkey, organic diced tomatos and organic tomato sauce, 1/2 cup quinoa, 2 Mrs. Dash seasonings, and diced onions. I served it over brown rice and it was fantastic.

When you make a big pot of food like this, how do you accurately figure the calories/carbs/fat/protein/etc?

Do I figure out the values for each individual ingredients, add them all up and then... what? Figure out what a serving size is to me? And I bought the quinoa in bulk, so there is no nutrition label!

terracotta
07-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Use www.nutritiondata.com to figure out the nutrition, and then create a custom entry inside fitday and copy the data over.

imperfectly_lou
07-06-2006, 08:16 PM
I recommend you use Nutridiary instead (FitDay is often quite inaccurate, particularly with accounting for fibre). Nutridiary has a "menu" function which allows you to save recipes or meals you eat a lot of.

~Lisa~
07-06-2006, 08:32 PM
That sites ROCKS!!!! Thank you!! I got the info for my quinoa turkey chili and printed out the nutrition facts label for it and glued it to my recipe page! :D

terracotta
07-07-2006, 12:02 PM
That sites ROCKS!!!! Thank you!! I got the info for my quinoa turkey chili and printed out the nutrition facts label for it and glued it to my recipe page! :D

tehe.. it is rather fun isn't it? your pantry is saved in a cookie btw, and you can export the pantry to your email.