PDA

View Full Version : Training frequency

okohme
07-06-2006, 05:23 PM
I know that you are not supposed to train sore muscles, does that include cardio? I did a heavy upper body session on tuesday evening and am still sore. My legs are little sore, but not much. Is it still okay to go jogging today?

*supermomma*
07-06-2006, 06:16 PM
I know that you are not supposed to train sore muscles, does that include cardio? I did a heavy upper body session on tuesday evening and am still sore. My legs are little sore, but not much. Is it still okay to go jogging today?

Okay, the first thing that comes to mind is--that's not true. You can definitely train "sore" muscles. You shouldn't train muscles that are so sore it is hard to move--but I should hope that's obvious.

The only thing I try to avoid if my legs are sore is HIIT on my rest/cardio day in btwn workouts (bc I squat MWF on my program), but not regular cardio.

Sore is part of the lifestyle. Pain is something to worry about it.

okohme
07-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Awesome, good to know. Because I frequnetly feel like working out but do not because i am sore.

Amelia
07-10-2006, 08:21 AM
I've had this problem a few times especially after a hard leg training day. What works best for me is to do a light cardio workout to get the blood moving into those muscles and help speed up the repair a little bit.