PDA

View Full Version : Scivation Sesamin now Available in 180 ct!!!

Beast
07-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Scivation Sesamin is now available in 180 capsule count.

Scivation Sesamin, proven potency, backed by lab tests.

Price Range: $33-39

Available next Monday.

nni
07-06-2006, 10:15 AM

Available next Monday.

hahahahaha

bastards. ;)

Scivation
07-06-2006, 10:17 AM
hahahahaha

bastards. ;)

If I said we planned to do this for a long time, would you believe me? :)

Blap Blaow
07-06-2006, 10:18 AM
hahahahaha

bastards. ;)
lol

Good stuff!!

boyscouT
07-06-2006, 10:19 AM
I still have a sealed bottle of Scivation Sesamin (90 ct) that I got for $28.90 + tax + shipping... any way I can return this?

clock
07-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Glad to see that the competition with sesamin products is finally bringing the price down to a more reasonable level. I wonder how long it will be before Avant Labs drops their price.

hotasice2003
07-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Man, this is hilarious! LOL, in my dedication to Chcuk for his diet and book, and for Mark and Derek helping me out, I will stick wit Scivation Sesamin, and will not go to SesaGlow!

nni
07-06-2006, 10:21 AM

well i doubt that you would create a product out of spite. and who wouldn't believe a man who looks that good in trousers. :)

Bloute
07-06-2006, 10:21 AM

Available next Monday.

Nice ! Sesamin should be part of every cycle PH/PS cycle. At this quantity and price you have enoguh for 2 or 3 cycles at low dose.

nni
07-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Nice ! Sesamin should be part of every cycle PH/PS cycle. At this quantity and price you have enoguh for 2 or 3 cycles at low dose.

out of curiosity why?

HalleluYAH
07-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Classic.

SciVation has an excellent reputation, so coming from you we just might. :) :D

Btw, sesamin has done wonders for my scalp, skin complexion and hair health.

Beast
07-06-2006, 10:27 AM
out of curiosity why?

Liver, kidney, heart, cholesterol protection for starters.

sawastea
07-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Nice job, Team Scivation!

user1111
07-06-2006, 10:30 AM
We will release a 800,000 cap bottle of sesamin soon:}

IntensityX
07-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Awesome stuff.I still have a bottle of the 90 count but when that's gone I'm going straight to the 180.

Now hurry up with the lemonade Xtend guys come on hurry let's get it here I'm impatient lol :D :D

boyscouT
07-06-2006, 10:31 AM
On a side note, Beast, that's a sweet avatar, lol.

IntensityX
07-06-2006, 10:32 AM
We will release a 800,000 cap bottle of sesamin soon:}

And then Sci will come out with a 1.6 million cap bottle :D

adoniscomplex
07-06-2006, 10:35 AM
thats awesome , pretty much both of my fav companies now have an amazing price on my fav product
how sweet is that

Bloute
07-06-2006, 10:35 AM

Bump. Liver and cholesterol are the most important part specially with 17-aa PS. I loved also the fact that your gains are very lean on cycle with sesamin.

Sesathin and androgens

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/mindandmuscle/magpage.php?issueID=23&artID=999298

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/mindandmuscle/magpage.php?issueID=31&artID=999375

Giggety Giggety
07-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Success

boyscouT
07-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Bump. Liver and cholesterol are the most important part specially with 17-aa PS. I loved also the fact that your gains are very lean on cycle with sesamin.

Sesathin and androgens

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/mindandmuscle/magpage.php?issueID=23&artID=999298

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/mindandmuscle/magpage.php?issueID=31&artID=999375
My friend told me on a bulk, Sesamin will actually inhibit gains.. is this true?

Because of ^ that, I stopped taking sesamin 2 months ago.

storm shadow
07-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Wow, what a swift counter, so who will deliver the knockout? :)

Bloute
07-06-2006, 10:48 AM
My friend told me on a bulk, Sesamin will actually inhibit gains.. is this true?

Because of ^ that, I stopped taking sesamin 2 months ago.

Don't go over 2 caps a day and it will not inhibit gains IMO. It will be lean bulking. At 3 caps a day, I couldn't gain a pound during my PP/4ad cycle but size gains were lean and very impressive.

Sixpack
07-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Hell ya just seen this , good stuff

Robboe
07-06-2006, 11:58 AM

Sure, the same way i believed that "chick" in Thailand would love me long time.

Beast
07-06-2006, 01:30 PM
I think the reason why people think Sesamin decreases muscle gains during bulking is because it is decreasing their fat gain and therefore total weight gain. If someone gains 0.5 pounds of lean mass and 0.5 pounds of fat a week then adds Sesamin and only gains 0.5 pounds of lean mass and no fat (just an example) they are going to think they are gaining less when in reality they are gaining the same and just not getting fat :)

Beast
07-06-2006, 01:34 PM
An issue was brought up in another thread and out of respect for that company I will not address it there.

I just want to point out that we test EVERY batch of Sesamin we get.

Robboe
07-06-2006, 02:58 PM

Available next Monday.

I've only JUST caught this.

I am lollerskating like a professional lollerboy at the lolympics.

saw14
07-06-2006, 03:07 PM
scivation just made my 6th of July. Happy 6th everyone!!! this is great news...

40-Yard Dash_2
07-06-2006, 03:35 PM

Of course Marc.

These things just take a while to finalize.

:)

user25891
07-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Wow, what a swift counter, so who will deliver the knockout? :)

Im pretty sure its USPLabs with a 800,000 count bottle

xven
07-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Derek, would you mind addressing this then -

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=10607659&postcount=6

Because there is too much suppression of AA output as the very enzyme responsible for it's release (PA2) is being lowered. The article you posted very much explains how and why. DGLA and EPA compete with AA for access to the two pathways, which both take a lead in competetive absorption with AA. This means lowered ouput of AA and it's eicosonoids. DGLA also yields PGE1, which powerfully counteracts PGE2 released by AA.

How is this all relevant, you ask? When myofibres sustain tears, they allow for Calcium to leak into the cell. I won't go much into detail, but eventually these increased Ca levels activate PA2, which release AA and contribute to the degradation process, which is an important factor to activation of satellite cells and muscle repair. AA is essential for signaling protein synthesis. Too much EPA/DGLA would lower/inhibit the output of AA and it's effects on protein synthesis thereof. Sesamin is said to block the very enzyme responsible of coverting Linoleic fatty acids to AA. If this is true, in my opinion, there will be too much of an imbalance of EPA/DGLA:AA. Hence comprimised muscle growth and repair. The muscle has to seem "damaged" to initiate repair.

Is my logic flawed in this respect? Sesamin, honestly, I would love to have pure lean gains without any fat gains. Just want to make certain that it actually doesn't comprismise muscle gains just to inhibit fat gain.

IntensityX
07-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Sure, the same way i believed that "chick" in Thailand would love me long time.

I'm sure she would have if you weren't 3" long lol j/k :D

dito
07-06-2006, 08:50 PM
An issue was brought up in another thread and out of respect for that company I will not address it there.

I just want to point out that we test EVERY batch of Sesamin we get.

Marc loves posting those things. I am surpised he hasn't posted them up yet.

Marc McGraw quickest COA in the west!

boyscouT
07-06-2006, 10:59 PM
I think the reason why people think Sesamin decreases muscle gains during bulking is because it is decreasing their fat gain and therefore total weight gain. If someone gains 0.5 pounds of lean mass and 0.5 pounds of fat a week then adds Sesamin and only gains 0.5 pounds of lean mass and no fat (just an example) they are going to think they are gaining less when in reality they are gaining the same and just not getting fat :)
I'm not saying you are just saying this to sell your product(s), but as a consumer I am just asking questions :D...

My friends are pretty damn adamant about not having sesamin on a bulk, clean or dirty. Beast, I totally understand your post, and I can see how that may fool some people into thinking Sesamin is the devil while bulking... but how can Sesamin do what it does, in reality? BLOCK the fat, while enabling muscle gain?

Isn't that sort of what we all say is "impossible" to do, ie. Lose fat & gain muscle at the same time?

Is my logic flawed in this respect? Sesamin, honestly, I would love to have pure lean gains without any fat gains. Just want to make certain that it actually doesn't comprismise muscle gains just to inhibit fat gain.
I am in the same boat as xven. I have 2 bottles of sesamin just sitting in my desk drawer because I am bulking, and all my friends have said to stay off of it because it will inhibit muscle gains.

SciVation, please enlighten us!

Joel
07-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Isn't that sort of what we all say is "impossible" to do, ie. Lose fat & gain muscle at the same time?

!

What you seek is known as ....

The "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss

boyscouT
07-06-2006, 11:47 PM
What you seek is known as ....

The "Holy Grail" of bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement: maximizing lean gains and fat loss
Yes.

:D

Robboe
07-07-2006, 04:57 AM
I'm sure she would have if you weren't 3" long lol j/k :D

True.

But i got a great tongue.

Scivation
07-07-2006, 04:58 AM
True.

But i got a great tongue.

This man speaks the TROOF!

Flagg3
07-07-2006, 06:48 AM
I'm not saying you are just saying this to sell your product(s), but as a consumer I am just asking questions :D...

My friends are pretty damn adamant about not having sesamin on a bulk, clean or dirty. Beast, I totally understand your post, and I can see how that may fool some people into thinking Sesamin is the devil while bulking... but how can Sesamin do what it does, in reality? BLOCK the fat, while enabling muscle gain?
!

Spook and Par Deus at Avant Labs both concur that Sesamin can definitely be anti-anabolic at higher doses. I doubt there is anyone more knowledgeable on the subject of Sesamin than Spook, so I would tend to believe him.

Basically, unless your also using an external androgen as well as something to inhibit cortisol, you will definitely want to limit your intake of sesamin if your looking to bulk. (Although the optimal amount can vary substantially from person to person.)

This is pretty much the definitive thread to answer all of your questions about Sesamin:
http://www.avantlabs.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8766

Flagg

adoniscomplex
07-07-2006, 08:38 AM
from Par dues on avant labs thread when seasthin came out in 04

"If mass is the main goal, cut dosing in half.

If staying lean during is a bigger priority, keep it the same"

so it would appear it is fine to use on a bulk according to the experts on this subject

boyscouT
07-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Spook and Par Deus at Avant Labs both concur that Sesamin can definitely be anti-anabolic at higher doses. I doubt there is anyone more knowledgeable on the subject of Sesamin than Spook, so I would tend to believe him.

Basically, unless your also using an external androgen as well as something to inhibit cortisol, you will definitely want to limit your intake of sesamin if your looking to bulk. (Although the optimal amount can vary substantially from person to person.)

This is pretty much the definitive thread to answer all of your questions about Sesamin:

Flagg
Thank you so much flagg.

Beast
07-07-2006, 09:54 AM
I should also point out that people respond differently to Sesamin. By this I mean 500 mg to one person could be like 1500 mg to another (if that makes sense).

I think for an Endo, 3 caps during a bulk is fine.
For a Meso, 2-3 caps depending on the person.
For an Ecto 1-2 caps, again depending on the person.

Remember that Sesamin increases the oxidation of fats (and carbs to a lesser degree). Therefore one can increase your calories on a bulk while taking Sesamin in order to increase gains while limiting fat storage.

Beast
07-07-2006, 09:57 AM

I am in the same boat as xven. I have 2 bottles of sesamin just sitting in my desk drawer because I am bulking, and all my friends have said to stay off of it because it will inhibit muscle gains.

SciVation, please enlighten us!

Many of my and Chuck's clients are gaining lean mass while losing fat at the same time and yes they are on Sesamin. You diet, caloric intake and macronutrient breakdown, will have a big impact on how Sesamin works for you.

And like I said it my previous post, Sesamin will affect people differently. I can bulk just fine on 3 caps a day, but others might not be able to.

boyscouT
07-07-2006, 09:57 AM
Impossible to say exactly, but I would stick to about 500-1000mg per day for ectos, 1000-1500mg for mesos, and 1500-2000 for endos, and fat people should take about as much as they could afford.

Is he talking about the lignan, or sesame oil as a whole?

Therefore is it 1-2 caps for ectos, 2-3 caps for mesos, and 3-4 caps for endos...

or half those ratios?

boyscouT
07-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Remember that Sesamin increases the oxidation of fats (and carbs to a lesser degree). Therefore one can increase your calories on a bulk while taking Sesamin in order to increase gains while limiting fat storage.
Question:

Why would we need to increase calories (anymore than we already do on a bulk), if sesamin is NOT supposed to inhibit muscle gains?

Beast
07-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Question:

Why would we need to increase calories (anymore than we already do on a bulk), if sesamin is NOT supposed to inhibit muscle gains?

So you can grow MORE. If Sesamin increases fat oxidation you potentially have the opportunity to eat more calories in order to grow more with less chance of fat storage.

boyscouT
07-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Many of my and Chuck's clients are gaining lean mass while losing fat at the same time and yes they are on Sesamin. You diet, caloric intake and macronutrient breakdown, will have a big impact on how Sesamin works for you.

And like I said it my previous post, Sesamin will affect people differently. I can bulk just fine on 3 caps a day, but others might not be able to.
I understand that everyone reacts differently to sesamin... however I was wondering, from your and your clients experiences, what the optimal macronutrient breakdown is on a bulk?

Beast
07-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Is he talking about the lignan, or sesame oil as a whole?

Therefore is it 1-2 caps for ectos, 2-3 caps for mesos, and 3-4 caps for endos...

or half those ratios?

Lignan. So pretty much the capsule dosage I posted.

boyscouT
07-07-2006, 10:04 AM
So you can grow MORE. If Sesamin increases fat oxidation you potentially have the opportunity to eat more calories in order to grow more with less chance of fat storage.
With the new price, and this new information, I am very interested in taking sesamin on my bulk now...

How long do you recommend I include sesamin, to judge whether or not it is right for me?

2 months? 3 months?

Also, my friend told me that I should avoid taking sesamin pre/post workout, because the lignan has a chanced to be used for energy instead being absorbed.. is that true?

If i workout in the mornings, wouldn't that present me with a dilemma, since taking sesamin in the morning is optimal because of highered cortisol levels, but i am going to workout...

Beast
07-07-2006, 10:11 AM
With the new price, and this new information, I am very interested in taking sesamin on my bulk now...

How long do you recommend I include sesamin, to judge whether or not it is right for me?

2 months? 3 months?

Also, my friend told me that I should avoid taking sesamin pre/post workout, because the lignan has a chanced to be used for energy instead being absorbed.. is that true?

If i workout in the mornings, wouldn't that present me with a dilemma, since taking sesamin in the morning is optimal because of highered cortisol levels, but i am going to workout...

If you have 2 bottles would you be interested in doing a log?

Perhaps something like:
2 weeks @ 0 caps for a baseline
2 weeks @ 1 cap
2 weeks @ 2 caps
2 weeks @ 3 caps

???

user25891
07-07-2006, 10:11 AM

It is true that the sesamin could be used as fuel during training. I would think that taking a cap or 2 in your pwo shake wouldn't have a detrimental effect.

boyscouT
07-07-2006, 10:15 AM
If you have 2 bottles would you be interested in doing a log?

Perhaps something like:
2 weeks @ 0 caps for a baseline
2 weeks @ 1 cap
2 weeks @ 2 caps
2 weeks @ 3 caps

???
Yea I would definately be able to do a log.

Other than dosages, how do I track it's effects? I don't take body fat measurements or anything like that... I usually use the mirror as a judge.

PS: turns out one of the bottles is empty, so i just have one 90ct bottle. I'll be buying a 180ct bottle on monday though.

Beast
07-07-2006, 10:16 AM
I understand that everyone reacts differently to sesamin... however I was wondering, from your and your clients experiences, what the optimal macronutrient breakdown is on a bulk?

I just posted this in my forum :)

A simple caloric starting point for bulking would be 18-20 calories per pound of bodyweight. If you know your lean body mass, use this number instead of total weight. So, let's use me for example.

Weight: 205
Bf%: 6%
LEAN MASS: 192.7 lbs
FAT MASS: 12.3 lbs

Total Calories
192.7 * 18 = 3468
192.7 * 20 = 3854

When bulking I would start at the lower end personally because I would rather have to increase calories than gain excess fat quickly. So let's go with 3500 calories.

First and foremost, I would set protein intake to 1.5 grams per pound lean bodyweight.

192.7 * 1.5 = 289 grams (1156 calories)

Next set fat to 30% of total calories.

3500 * .3 = 1050 cals/9 = 117 grams of fat

Now on to carbs, which will be the remainder of your calories:
3500 - 1156 - 1050 = 1294 calories left for carbs

1294/4 = 323 grams of carbs.

So we have (I'm gonna round these numbers):
Protein: 290 grams
Fat: 120 grams
Carbs: 320 grams

This would be my STARTING POINT. Adjustments will have to be made along the way. This is where hiring someone like myself comes into play. With my programs I set up your beginning caloric intake then we evaluate your progress each week and make the needed changes. The above a simple equations, but remember everyone is different. Knowing what to change, where to add cals, where to take away cals, etc. can make or break your results.

Beast
07-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Yea I would definately be able to do a log.

Other than dosages, how do I track it's effects? I don't take body fat measurements or anything like that... I usually use the mirror as a judge.

ok, how about Weight and Strength gains?

Twin Peak
07-07-2006, 10:18 AM

Derek, if sesamin increased fat oxidation wouldn't that fat be usuable as energy and therefore you wouldn't need more calories? Just asking.

Alternatively, if sesamin prevented fat gain when bulking, wouldn't adding calories just be used to offset the sesamin? I.e., why would the extra calories go to "more muscle" instead of "more weight"?

boyscouT
07-07-2006, 10:20 AM
ok, how about Weight and Strength gains?
Sure, that works. As soon as I get my 180ct bottle from ordering on monday, i'll start a log.

boyscouT
07-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Derek, if sesamin increased fat oxidation wouldn't that fat be usuable as energy and therefore you wouldn't need more calories? Just asking.

Alternatively, if sesamin prevented fat gain when bulking, wouldn't adding calories just be used to offset the sesamin? I.e., why would the extra calories go to "more muscle" instead of "more weight"?
These 2 points were EXACTLY what I was trying to say, lol.

Beast
07-07-2006, 10:26 AM

Nutrient Partitioning is what we are after. Sesamin increases fat oxidation in the liver big time. Therefore there are less (man been too long since I talked about this stuff) chylomicrons or rather the fat density of the chylomicrons would be decreased meaning less fat is being sent to adipose tissue.

Unlike amino acids and glucose, the chylomicron travels through the lymphatic system instead of the blood. The lymph eventually flows into the systemic circulation. Once in the circulation, the fatty acids are released from the chylomicron. This occurs primarily in the adipose tissue capillaries. The fatty acids then enter adipocytes (fat cells) and combine with -glycerol phosphate, from glucose metabolism, to form triglycerides. The fatty acids can also be used for energy in other cells (except for the nervous system).

In order for a fatty acid to be used so a cell can obtain energy, it must be transported through the blood to that cell then cross into the matrix of a mitochondria. The fatty acid undergoes beta-oxidation, which creates hydrogen atoms (for oxidative phosphorylation) and acetyl CoA (for the Krebs cycle).

So if we increase fat oxidation in the liver and muscles (which Sesamin and TTA do) we are increasing the available energy for the liver and muscle and sparing amino acids and glucose from being metabolized, though I believe PPARalpha activation increases glucose oxidation some too (I forget).

So in theory, one could eat more while taking Sesamin and gain more muscle due to increasing the available energy (substrates for ATP production) and decrease fat gains by decreasing the amount of fat delivered to adipose tissue.

boyscouT
07-07-2006, 10:47 AM
*cricket... cricket... chirp... chirp*

wow strong silence after Beast's short lecture. :p

Beast
07-07-2006, 10:51 AM

The thing to remember this is all theory and based on anecdotal feedback. There are no good studies on humans examining body composition changes with Sesamin supplementation. But the mechanisms through which Sesamin works and the available studies support these theories.

Twin Peak
07-07-2006, 11:04 AM

1) I wasn't challenging Derek.

b) What am I supposed to be monitoring this thread every minute of the day, waiting with baited breath?

3) That was the answer I was looking for.

boyscouT
07-07-2006, 11:13 AM
1) I wasn't challenging Derek.

b) What am I supposed to be monitoring this thread every minute of the day, waiting with baited breath?

3) That was the answer I was looking for.
I didn't mean my post in that way AT ALL.... it was literally to say the thread emptied out... that's all. :o

I apologize.

Joel
07-07-2006, 01:39 PM

Flagg

Definitely would take Avants advice in this case

They pioneered this stuff , if he says it can hinder mass gains then I would bet that he is right

Flagg3
07-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Definitely would take Avants advice in this case

They pioneered this stuff , if he says it can hinder mass gains then I would bet that he is right

Again, let me reiterate that we are talking about a dosage issue. Sesamin can be very useful when bulking.

All I was pointing out was that there is strong evidence that higher doses can theoretically inhibit gains on a bulk. As Derek has mentioned, many people can and have had excellent results bulking on sesamin.

It's simply a matter of finding the optimal dosage that's right for you. There is a reason why seemingly everyone is jumping on the sesamin bandwagon lately, it really is an excellent supplement.

Flagg

IntensityX
07-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Again, let me reiterate that we are talking about a dosage issue. Sesamin can be very useful when bulking.

All I was pointing out was that there is strong evidence that higher doses can theoretically inhibit gains on a bulk. As Derek has mentioned, many people can and have had excellent results bulking on sesamin.

It's simply a matter of finding the optimal dosage that's right for you. There is a reason why seemingly everyone is jumping on the sesamin bandwagon lately, it really is an excellent supplement.

Flagg

Would you say that the recommend dosage be ok?

Joel
07-07-2006, 07:53 PM

Flagg

Yes can be very useful IF you know the right dosage

If you get it wrong, you potentially hinder mass gains

But no problem,just buy more Sesamin, and try again

Keep repeating this cycle until you get it right = more profit for Scivation

As for me,Im not going to take any chances with Sesa products

Kledz
07-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Easy to figure out.

Start low to avoid this issue.

You will buy again because its an excelent supplement.

Just like the cycle of your worthless post history?

It really is your loss. Stick to superpump, no one values your feedback anyway.

Joel
07-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Easy to figure out.

Start low to avoid this issue.

You will buy again because its an excelent supplement.

Just like the cycle of your worthless post history?

It really is your loss. Stick to superpump, no one values your feedback anyway.

Well not everyone is willing to risk hindering mass gains

So respect to Avant for telling it like it is and not withholding this information or trying to sugar-coat it

And its SizeOn not SuperPump :)

ericgonzalez
07-07-2006, 11:49 PM

No, but still glad you did it :)

Scivation
07-08-2006, 02:56 AM

I guess we can just forget about the health benefits and the tons of feedback on Sesamin?

Thanks for calling out our business practices. I guess trying to set ourselves apart by providing superior customer service is a bad thing. If you don't like a product, return it to the retailer so we can credit them the money and they can refund your money for the product.

boyscouT
07-08-2006, 03:02 AM
I plan to log sesamin starting monday, and Beast suggested I do it like this:

2 weeks: 0 caps, baseline
2 weeks: 1 cap
2 weeks: 2 caps
2 weeks: 3 caps

but would I get more accurate results if i had a baseline 2 weeks in between everything like this?

2 weeks: 0 caps
2 weeks: 1 cap
2 weeks: 0 cap
2 weeks: 2 caps
2 weeks: 0 cap
2 weeks: 3 caps

uhockey
07-08-2006, 03:05 AM

Available next Monday.

I may work at DS, but I will always be a Scivation FAN. :)

uhockey
07-08-2006, 03:09 AM
Nutrient Partitioning is what we are after. Sesamin increases fat oxidation in the liver big time. Therefore there are less (man been too long since I talked about this stuff) chylomicrons or rather the fat density of the chylomicrons would be decreased meaning less fat is being sent to adipose tissue.

Unlike amino acids and glucose, the chylomicron travels through the lymphatic system instead of the blood. The lymph eventually flows into the systemic circulation. Once in the circulation, the fatty acids are released from the chylomicron. This occurs primarily in the adipose tissue capillaries. The fatty acids then enter adipocytes (fat cells) and combine with -glycerol phosphate, from glucose metabolism, to form triglycerides. The fatty acids can also be used for energy in other cells (except for the nervous system).

In order for a fatty acid to be used so a cell can obtain energy, it must be transported through the blood to that cell then cross into the matrix of a mitochondria. The fatty acid undergoes beta-oxidation, which creates hydrogen atoms (for oxidative phosphorylation) and acetyl CoA (for the Krebs cycle).

So if we increase fat oxidation in the liver and muscles (which Sesamin and TTA do) we are increasing the available energy for the liver and muscle and sparing amino acids and glucose from being metabolized, though I believe PPARalpha activation increases glucose oxidation some too (I forget).

So in theory, one could eat more while taking Sesamin and gain more muscle due to increasing the available energy (substrates for ATP production) and decrease fat gains by decreasing the amount of fat delivered to adipose tissue.

Check out the big brain on Beast. :)
That high quality Wolverine education definitely paid off.

Joel
07-08-2006, 06:39 AM
I guess we can just forget about the health benefits and the tons of feedback on Sesamin?

Of course not

But the topic was if Sesa can hinder Mass gains

If you are aware of this possibility, you should make it known to the consumer without using smoke and mirrors

Scivation
07-08-2006, 06:45 AM
Of course not

If you are aware of this possibility, you should make it known to the consumer without using smoke and mirrors

I sincerely do not believe it will.

Kledz
07-08-2006, 06:51 AM

He went and pulled that high quality gourmet **** on us!

Kledz
07-08-2006, 06:57 AM
Of course not

Your posts get worse every day. "Smoke and mirriors"?!? Do you even know what thats supposed to mean? You're like a lost child without lurker501 holding your hand and guiding your way.

Please post only when you get a firm grasp on common sense.

Flagg3
07-08-2006, 07:04 AM
Would you say that the recommend dosage be ok?

On a bulk, most people start with half of the recommended dose and then they work up or down from there.

Flagg

40-Yard Dash_2
07-08-2006, 07:37 AM
This occurs primarily in the adipose tissue capillaries. The fatty acids then enter adipocytes (fat cells) and combine with -glycerol phosphate, from glucose metabolism, to form triglycerides.

Combined with glycerol-3-phosphate from glycolysis. Hey, you left the 3 off. :)

The fatty acid undergoes beta-oxidation, which creates hydrogen atoms (for oxidative phosphorylation) and acetyl CoA

Actually, we yield both a NADH and FADH2 through each series of "cuts."

And of course, our coenzymes NADH and FADH2 are our electron donors for ETC, or oxidative phosphorylation. Just didn't want people to be confused and think we got the H+ from B-Oxidation. :)

though I believe PPARalpha activation increases glucose oxidation some too (I forget).

Yeah, alpha (liver) is responsible for some glucose oxidation, and its activation also lowers blood lipid levels too.

Delta, which is found in muscle is primarily responsible for that oxidative metabolism by increasing the ability of muscle cells to take in LCT and convert to ATP for energy through increases in mitochondria and mitochrondrial enzymes.

Sixpack
07-08-2006, 07:49 AM
I went from 166 yo 190 and was taking 4-5 per day

boyscouT
07-08-2006, 08:42 AM
I went from 166 yo 190 and was taking 4-5 per day
What were your other stats? Specifically BF%? What was your caloric intake? macro ratios?

How long did it take?

You have any pictures?

Beast
07-08-2006, 09:13 AM

And here I thought I was done with that nonsense since I graduated. I shouldn't have to think like that anymore :)

Sixpack
07-08-2006, 09:14 AM
Check out my transformation article in my signiture

What were your other stats? Specifically BF%? What was your caloric intake? macro ratios?

How long did it take?

You have any pictures?

boyscouT
07-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Check out my transformation article in my signiture
166 & 6% bf = 9.96 lbs fat

194 & 12% bf = 23.28 lbs fat

28lbs overall gain - 13.32lbs fat = 14.68 lean mass gain...

So you're saying even with 4-5 sesamin pills a day, 47.5% of your gains came from fat?

Did Chuck, Derek, and Marc intentionally make you gain some fat?

And your diet mentions nothing besides the fact that it was high protein high fat... could you tell me how many calories you were taking in at 166 lbs, and then at 194 lbs?

Thanks in advance.

Beast
07-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Combined with glycerol-3-phosphate from glycolysis. Hey, you left the 3 off. :)

Actually, we yield both a NADH and FADH2 through each series of "cuts."

And of course, our coenzymes NADH and FADH2 are our electron donors for ETC, or oxidative phosphorylation. Just didn't want people to be confused and think we got the H+ from B-Oxidation. :)

Yeah, alpha (liver) is responsible for some glucose oxidation, and its activation also lowers blood lipid levels too.

Delta, which is found in muscle is primarily responsible for that oxidative metabolism by increasing the ability of muscle cells to take in LCT and convert to ATP for energy through increases in mitochondria and mitochrondrial enzymes.

No 3! Conspiracy!!!

ericgonzalez
07-08-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm reading some of the anecdotal feedback suggesting sesamin hinders mass gains. So, let me play devil's advocate: Is there any scientific literature which supports the anecdotal? Is there a working theory of why it might?

Sixpack
07-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Checking back I was taking 4 tabs per day. Calories are different on workout days and nonworkout days, workout days were 4900 , nonworkout days 4100

166 & 6% bf = 9.96 lbs fat

194 & 12% bf = 23.28 lbs fat

28lbs overall gain - 13.32lbs fat = 14.68 lean mass gain...

So you're saying even with 4-5 sesamin pills a day, 47.5% of your gains came from fat?

Did Chuck, Derek, and Marc intentionally make you gain some fat?

And your diet mentions nothing besides the fact that it was high protein high fat... could you tell me how many calories you were taking in at 166 lbs, and then at 194 lbs?

Thanks in advance.

xven
07-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Anyone want to address the AA limitation issue? Sesamin definitely has some great anecdotal feedback and is backed by people who studied the compound extensively. No doubts there, but I'd like for someone to PLEASE clear up my concern I brough up.

young_squatter
07-08-2006, 08:40 PM
I may work at DS, but I will always be a Scivation FAN. :)
I may be a rep for Scivation, But I will always be a DS FAN :D

IntensityX
07-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Anyone want to address the AA limitation issue?

Board reps from MN have said it's ok to use AA products like X-Factor with Sesamin.

IntensityX
07-08-2006, 08:57 PM
I may be a rep for Scivation, But I will always be a DS FAN :D

I'm a fan of both :D

user25891
07-08-2006, 10:40 PM
Board reps from MN have said it's ok to use AA products like X-Factor with Sesamin.

Did this come through a PM or they post it somewhere? Every writeup Ive read says sesamin is a no-no.

IntensityX
07-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Did this come through a PM or they post it somewhere? Every writeup Ive read says sesamin is a no-no.

They're going to have a new writeup soon.

Yes they mentioned it in a thread let me see if I can find it amidst the many XF threads.

IntensityX
07-08-2006, 11:03 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=10607771&postcount=282

user25891
07-08-2006, 11:19 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=10607771&postcount=282

Thanks alot for that. I have been looking through old x factor threads for about an hour or so, havent come across that post yet!

uhockey
07-09-2006, 02:11 AM
I still question the use of Xfactor with Sesamin, personally. I'd say to just go all out with XF and make sure you're not inhibiting gains at all.

Sesamin + Melting Point is killer for fatloss
Sesamin + Anagen/ECDYSten or Sesamin + Fenotest/Activate would be far better for mass gains.

IntensityX
07-09-2006, 02:29 AM
I still question the use of Xfactor with Sesamin, personally. I'd say to just go all out with XF and make sure you're not inhibiting gains at all.

Sesamin + Melting Point is killer for fatloss
Sesamin + Anagen/ECDYSten or Sesamin + Fenotest/Activate would be far better for mass gains.

I trust their opinion.If they weren't sure they wouldn't be doing this new FAQ.

They seem to know the product quite well.

user25891
07-10-2006, 01:05 AM
Is it going to be available today? or next Monday?

Robboe
07-10-2006, 08:07 AM

Fat clearance in the blood likely improves insulin sensitivity also, which is good.

G-mane12
07-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Is it gonna be on here today?

xven
07-10-2006, 08:59 AM
Note: HUMAN study

Sesame ingestion affects sex hormones, antioxidant status, and blood lipids in postmenopausal women.

Wu WH, Kang YP, Wang NH, Jou HJ, Wang TA.

Department of Human Development and Family Studies, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei 106, Taiwan. t10005@ntnu.edu.tw

Sesame ingestion has been shown to improve blood lipids in humans and antioxidative ability in animals. Sesamin, a sesame lignan, was recently reported to be converted by intestinal microflora to enterolactone, a compound with estrogenic activity and also an enterometabolite of flaxseed lignans, which are known to be phytoestrogens. Whether sesame can be a source of phytoestrogens is unknown. This study was designed to investigate the effect of sesame ingestion on blood sex hormones, lipids, tocopherol, and ex vivo LDL oxidation in postmenopausal women. Twenty-six healthy subjects attended, and 24 completed, this randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover study. Half of them consumed 50 g sesame seed powder daily for 5 wk, followed by a 3-wk washout period, then a 5-wk 50-g rice powder placebo period. The other half received the 2 supplements in reverse order. After sesame treatment, plasma total cholesterol (TC), LDL-C, the ratio of LDL-C to HDL-C, thiobarbituric acid reactive substances in oxidized LDL, and serum dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate decreased significantly by 5, 10, 6, 23, and 18%, respectively. The ratio of alpha- and gamma-tocopherol to TC increased significantly by 18 and 73%, respectively. All of these variables differed significantly between the 2 treatments. Serum sex hormone-binding globulin and urinary 2-hydroxyestrone (n = 8) increased significantly by 15 and 72%, respectively, after sesame treatment, and these concentrations tended to differ (P = 0.065 and P = 0.090, respectively) from those after the placebo treatment. These results suggest that sesame ingestion benefits postmenopausal women by improving blood lipids, antioxidant status, and possibly sex hormone status.

Now tell me it still doesn't affect muscle gain :)

boyscouT
07-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Is it going to be available today? or next Monday?
I hope so, but my supplement website doesn't have them at 180ct yet. :(

Edit: Damn... just called d-p-s... they said they won't have the 180ct for sale until their 90ct stock runs out.. 300 more bottles for them to sell :eek: :(

Zachattack43
07-10-2006, 12:04 PM
I hope so, but my supplement website doesn't have them at 180ct yet. :(

Edit: Damn... just called d-p-s... they said they won't have the 180ct for sale until their 90ct stock runs out.. 300 more bottles for them to sell :eek: :(
just order from bb.com bro, support the site that hosts this forum

Beast
07-10-2006, 12:09 PM
That was done on postmenopausal women, so things may be a little different for a guy. It would be cool if they did the same study in men.

Note: HUMAN study

Sesame ingestion affects sex hormones, antioxidant status, and blood lipids in postmenopausal women.

Wu WH, Kang YP, Wang NH, Jou HJ, Wang TA.

Department of Human Development and Family Studies, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei 106, Taiwan. t10005@ntnu.edu.tw

Sesame ingestion has been shown to improve blood lipids in humans and antioxidative ability in animals. Sesamin, a sesame lignan, was recently reported to be converted by intestinal microflora to enterolactone, a compound with estrogenic activity and also an enterometabolite of flaxseed lignans, which are known to be phytoestrogens. Whether sesame can be a source of phytoestrogens is unknown. This study was designed to investigate the effect of sesame ingestion on blood sex hormones, lipids, tocopherol, and ex vivo LDL oxidation in postmenopausal women. Twenty-six healthy subjects attended, and 24 completed, this randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover study. Half of them consumed 50 g sesame seed powder daily for 5 wk, followed by a 3-wk washout period, then a 5-wk 50-g rice powder placebo period. The other half received the 2 supplements in reverse order. After sesame treatment, plasma total cholesterol (TC), LDL-C, the ratio of LDL-C to HDL-C, thiobarbituric acid reactive substances in oxidized LDL, and serum dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate decreased significantly by 5, 10, 6, 23, and 18%, respectively. The ratio of alpha- and gamma-tocopherol to TC increased significantly by 18 and 73%, respectively. All of these variables differed significantly between the 2 treatments. Serum sex hormone-binding globulin and urinary 2-hydroxyestrone (n = 8) increased significantly by 15 and 72%, respectively, after sesame treatment, and these concentrations tended to differ (P = 0.065 and P = 0.090, respectively) from those after the placebo treatment. These results suggest that sesame ingestion benefits postmenopausal women by improving blood lipids, antioxidant status, and possibly sex hormone status.

Now tell me it still doesn't affect muscle gain :)

Beast
07-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Fat clearance in the blood likely improves insulin sensitivity also, which is good.

Word.

boyscouT
07-10-2006, 12:39 PM
just order from bb.com bro, support the site that hosts this forum
I'm torn about that issue.. bb.com gives us this wonderful forum, but still supports scumbags like Louis Dorman.

xven
07-10-2006, 01:21 PM
That was done on postmenopausal women, so things may be a little different for a guy. It would be cool if they did the same study in men.True, but with nothing available, what's better to take out of- rats or human women? Then again, are we 100% certain to say this has NO correlation to men?

What concerns me in the rise in SHBG, which potentially binds to free testosterone rendering it useless. This might very well account for why some seem to lose 'libido' while on sesamin. Odds are pretty close I'd imagine.

I know I look like the jackass here but all this is keeping me from using the 3 bottles of sesamin I have lying around.

boyscouT
07-10-2006, 01:28 PM
What concerns me in the rise in SHBG, which potentially binds to free testosterone rendering it useless. This might very well account for why some seem to lose 'libido' while on sesamin. Odds are pretty close I'd imagine.
My libido is already shot... I hope sesamin doesn't chew it up, spit it out, and step all over it... lol.

Kledz
07-10-2006, 03:19 PM
I read somehwere that Scivation Sesamin does not contain episesamin, is this true? If so, why is this?

Kledz
07-11-2006, 08:33 PM
I read somehwere that Scivation Sesamin does not contain episesamin, is this true? If so, why is this?

anyone?....... anyone?

Scivation
07-11-2006, 08:35 PM
anyone?....... anyone?

It is standardized for Sesamin lignans. There isn't even a testing standard for episesamin in the USA to my knowledge so there is no way to verify if the source is truthful.

Also, I have yet to see episesamin listed on ANY label.

boyscouT
07-11-2006, 08:38 PM
When will the 180ct be available? Did Beast mean this coming up Monday?

Scivation
07-11-2006, 08:41 PM
When will the 180ct be available? Did Beast mean this coming up Monday?

By the end of the week for sure.

jrjt27
07-11-2006, 08:47 PM
not sure if thius was answered in the thread ( to lazy to read all the pages :) )

but y does sesamin give a deflated feeling , my muscle feel like someonme poped them , not much of a pump

boyscouT
07-11-2006, 08:48 PM
By the end of the week for sure.
Sweet. Do you know if bb.com will have it immediately for sale, or will they wait to sell all of their 90ct?

xven
07-11-2006, 09:23 PM
not sure if thius was answered in the thread ( to lazy to read all the pages :) )

but y does sesamin give a deflated feeling , my muscle feel like someonme poped them , not much of a pumpFor fat to be completely oxidized it requires glucose, pyruvic acid, etc. Since sesamin has an impact on beta oxidation, FFA's are being burned at a greater rate. All this burning requires glucose, pyruvic acid to convert to acetyl-CoA. Glucose is stored as glycogen. To meet needs, glycogen (liver and muscle) is coverted back to glucose as needed in order to burn the FFA's completely. This in time can make you feel depleted. Glycogen is one of the things that make your muscles look and feel fuller.

Scivation
07-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Sweet. Do you know if bb.com will have it immediately for sale, or will they wait to sell all of their 90ct?

They will carry both.

Check out the lower price on Sesamin 90 count!

boyscouT
07-11-2006, 09:47 PM
They will carry both.

Check out the lower price on Sesamin 90 count!
$24.99? :confused:

Scivation
07-11-2006, 09:56 PM
$24.99? :confused:

It was $29.99.

boyscouT
07-11-2006, 10:05 PM
It was $29.99.
Ah... looks like that's the cheapest price around for the 90ct.

Kledz
07-12-2006, 02:20 AM
It is standardized for Sesamin lignans. There isn't even a testing standard for episesamin in the USA to my knowledge so there is no way to verify if the source is truthful.

Also, I have yet to see episesamin listed on ANY label.

I thought I read it somewhere on Avant or M&M and I recall in the past Par said something along the lines of episesamin being one of the main components, I may be completely off base though.

Kledz
07-12-2006, 02:22 AM
Ah... looks like that's the cheapest price around for the 90ct.

Except for that one site selling it for 18.99 ;)

Scivation
07-12-2006, 05:57 AM
I thought I read it somewhere on Avant or M&M and I recall in the past Par said something along the lines of episesamin being one of the main components, I may be completely off base though.

Well, we are after Sesamin in our extraction process. There very well may be a whopping dose of episesamin in the 500mg of sesame oil in there.

But judging by the great feedback we get, Sesamin is a beauty in and of itself.

jrjt27
07-12-2006, 06:20 AM
For fat to be completely oxidized it requires glucose, pyruvic acid, etc. Since sesamin has an impact on beta oxidation, FFA's are being burned at a greater rate. All this burning requires glucose, pyruvic acid to convert to acetyl-CoA. Glucose is stored as glycogen. To meet needs, glycogen (liver and muscle) is coverted back to glucose as needed in order to burn the FFA's completely. This in time can make you feel depleted. Glycogen is one of the things that make your muscles look and feel fuller.

then how would i prevent this if im trying to loose weight on sesamin? and if this happens when taken sesamin would this effect recovery rate since glycogen is needed for recoverey...

boyscouT
07-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Except for that one site selling it for 18.99 ;)
:eek:

PM me :D

boyscouT
07-16-2006, 02:58 PM
So...... anyone find 180ct Sesamin bottles yet?

blackdream71
07-16-2006, 03:08 PM
So...... anyone find 180ct Sesamin bottles yet???????????

boyscouT
07-16-2006, 03:34 PM
??????????
??????????

what do you mean?

Stonecoldtruth
07-16-2006, 03:43 PM
So...... anyone find 180ct Sesamin bottles yet?

I'd expect most retailers are trying to get rid of their 90ct stock before switching over first.

Scivation
07-16-2006, 03:47 PM
I'd expect most retailers are trying to get rid of their 90ct stock before switching over first.

As soon as they put it up on the site. Both BB.com locations have it in stock.

boyscouT
07-16-2006, 03:59 PM
As soon as they put it up on the site. Both BB.com locations have it in stock.
:(

Oh well.

young_squatter
07-17-2006, 04:26 PM
http://usera.imagecave.com/young_squatter/untitled.bmp.jpg

Scivation Sesamin Now comes in 180ct Bottles, all for the very low price of $34.99 at bodybuilding.com.

You can purchase it here
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/ses.html

Also with each bottle of Sesamin you buy, you get a free hardcore cutting diet book free of charge.

Enjoy !!!!:)

boyscouT
07-17-2006, 06:35 PM
http://usera.imagecave.com/young_squatter/untitled.bmp.jpg

Scivation Sesamin Now comes in 180ct Bottles, all for the very low price of $34.99 at bodybuilding.com.

You can purchase it here
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sv/ses.html

Also with each bottle of Sesamin you buy, you get a free hardcore cutting diet book free of charge.

Enjoy !!!!:)
Sweet, just ordered a bottle. Looking forward to the cutting diet book!

young_squatter
07-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Sweet, just ordered a bottle. Looking forward to the cutting diet book!
I just picked you as a tester :D

boyscouT
07-17-2006, 06:49 PM
You're joking, right?

Stonecoldtruth
07-17-2006, 06:49 PM

He just bought it for the book! Lols.

young_squatter
07-17-2006, 06:58 PM
You're joking, right?
No im not, but hey like stonecold said, you bought it for the book. :D

Now you got 2 bottles.

boyscouT
07-17-2006, 07:00 PM
No im not, but hey like stonecold said, you bought it for the book. :D

Now you got 2 bottles.
Haha sweet man, thanks.

And yea... 2 bottles.... guess the log will now be twice as long ;).

PS: When I ordered from bb.com, I didn't need to put in a coupon code for the book right? It didn't mention the book anywhere either... I hope I get it, lol. It'll come in handy when I go on my cut next year.

young_squatter
07-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Haha sweet man, thanks.

PS: When I ordered from bb.com, I didn't need to put in a coupon code for the book right? It didn't mention the book anywhere either... I hope I get it, lol. It'll come in handy when I go on my cut next year.

Marc informed me a free book will be sent with it, ill be sure you get one. Also I need you to send me your name, address, city, state, zip code in a PM. Thanks

Scivation
07-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Haha sweet man, thanks.

They should just be tossing it in orders with the 180 count Sesamin.

If no book, shoot me an email.

young_squatter
07-17-2006, 07:17 PM
They should just be tossing it in orders with the 180 count Sesamin.

If no book, shoot me an email.
There you go, a gurantee from the big man himself :)

boyscouT
07-17-2006, 07:23 PM
^^^^^^^ Sweet.

PM sent btw.

kingpin8399
07-20-2006, 10:20 PM
i knew i should have waited, i ordered the 180ct on another site a few days ago, i could have saved 3 dollars :(

P01Shooter
07-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Maybe you Scivation guys can help jog my memory. I picked up a 180 count bottle yesterday for my mother. I thought with the combination of fish oil and sesamin it would help lower her cholesterol. I know fish oil does but sesamin does as well correct?

It should be interesting since she's starting to get into the gym and needs to lose some weight so hopefully we'll be killing two birds with one stone here.

young_squatter
07-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Maybe you Scivation guys can help jog my memory. I picked up a 180 count bottle yesterday for my mother. I thought with the combination of fish oil and sesamin it would help lower her cholesterol. I know fish oil does but sesamin does as well correct?

It should be interesting since she's starting to get into the gym and needs to lose some weight so hopefully we'll be killing two birds with one stone here.
Yes sir that is correct. Im pretty sure it did great things for chucks cholestrol.

P01Shooter
07-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Good to hear. I'll have to see what her prior blood test was so I can compare it to the one she'll be taking in September.

young_squatter
07-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Good to hear. I'll have to see what her prior blood test was so I can compare it to the one she'll be taking in September.
Yeah, best of luck to you and your mom.

boyscouT
07-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Speaking of cholesterol, mine was high the last time I got some blood work done.