PDA

View Full Version : I want a great ass!

marianna21
07-06-2006, 07:43 AM
Can you please tell me the best exercises for getting the best butt I can?I have started doing romanian deadlifts and I can say that it starts feeling tighter but still needs a lot of work as it is the most fat part of my body.Still I am a bit confused because deadlifts on the exercise database are referred as exercise mainly for hams.Also lunges and squats are supposed to exercise mainly the hams and quads ,so I am wondering how strong these exercises are for the glutes...I also do butt lifts (bridges) and glute kickbacks both with weights .I workout at home.

terracotta
07-06-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah, don't worry about the exercise database classifications..
Squats, lunges, deadlifts, sumo squats, walking lunges, reverse lunges.. lots of things to hit the glutes.. basically any lower body compound movement. Walking lunges I would highly recommend!

darkangel
07-06-2006, 09:45 AM
I recommend full squats - going all the way down, as far as you can - and leg presses on a high box. Lotte Berk's got an unweighted workout called High Round Assets that's surprisingly tough. It's a dance/Pilates type workout. Really helps you develop that upper curve.

strongwoman
07-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Post a pic of it now so we can tell you what you need to do

terracotta
07-06-2006, 09:51 AM

If you don't stop making these friggin post a pic posts I am reporting you to a mod.

Sciamach
07-06-2006, 10:08 AM
try to superset lunges with a barbell on your back with cross over lunges (best way to describe it is you put one leg behind the other at an angle and squat down...sort of like a courtsey (sp?) )

arose70
07-06-2006, 10:16 AM
If you don't stop making these friggin post a pic posts I am reporting you to a mod.
*nods head*

Yep yep. This is ridiculous...reminds me of that one "lady" that was here a few months back and all she talked about was domination......hmmm....can't remember "her" name right now? ---EDIT! Wasn't it AmazinChick or something? Strongwoman, are you related to this person? ;)

Anyway, my vote goes for heavy walking lunges and heavy ATG squats. :)

Simpy
07-06-2006, 03:28 PM

lol. You're as silly as a lot of the boys who lurk in here. If you want to see pics go to the Photo Gallery.

justagirl
07-06-2006, 08:34 PM
I recommend full squats - going all the way down, as far as you can - and leg presses on a high box. Lotte Berk's got an unweighted workout called High Round Assets that's surprisingly tough. It's a dance/Pilates type workout. Really helps you develop that upper curve.

thanks for the recommendation :) i've been looking for something new

i really REALLLLLLLY love one legged squats

http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/GluteusMaximus/BBSingleLegSplitSquat.html

ashley9601
07-06-2006, 10:23 PM
thanks for the recommendation :) i've been looking for something new

i really REALLLLLLLY love one legged squats

http://exrx.net/WeightExercises/GluteusMaximus/BBSingleLegSplitSquat.html

One legged quats are great!!!! I feel like those work my butt the hardest, better than anything else. I've seen great results from them... and no...I won't post a pic, lol!

Luvdogs
07-06-2006, 10:31 PM

Yep, this person pm'd me twice and I finally figured it out on the second one! :mad:

Chunk Tiger
07-07-2006, 04:56 AM
I haven't did one legged squats before, yet heavy squats dropping down as far as you can does it for me. My butt hurts for days, hopefully it will help me have a nice one too, as my gf says I don't have one yet I do, heh.

Wish you luck!

marianna21
07-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Thank you for the recommendations!I love single legged squat too ,because I can really feel my legs burning!

Strongwoman perhaps I will post a picture of my butt, when I will be able to see the improvement I want!