PDA

View Full Version : weighing food....

egychick
07-06-2006, 05:10 AM
Hey Guy's,

Apparently i have been weighing my food cooked when i should have been weighing it raw. Does anyone know how much 2 oz of chicken raw would be cooked? Is there a rule of thumb to convert from raw to cooked or vise versa?

thanks

egychick
07-06-2006, 05:33 AM
sorry guys..another question should i be weighing the rice before its cooked or after as well?

vitaminboys
07-06-2006, 05:35 AM
um most times they talk about food it is weighed after it is cooked. I think for me I would lose 2 ounces every 6 ounces after cooked. Sounds about right that i would cook 12oz to get around 8. I dont kno exactly at the moment cause i havent used a scale and when i do weigh meat its usually steak and i have to use a lil bit more because of fat adn parts i just wont eat.

vitaminboys
07-06-2006, 05:37 AM
Measure the rice dont weigh it. And again its AFTER its cooked. A cup of rice uncooked will do some damage cooked.

vitaminboys
07-06-2006, 05:40 AM
I would always measure meat after its cooked. In my case i always either dislike a piece or 2 of the meat and refuse to eat it or straight out burnt it. If your source is using measurements of food that is uncooked i would highly suggest finding one that works with cooked food.