PDA

View Full Version : CONTROLLED LABS - SesaGLOW™ FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

pu12en12g
07-05-2006, 08:51 PM
CONTROLLED LABS - SesaGLOW™ FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
by pt@controlledlabs.com

http://www.controlledlabs.com/catalog/images/sesaglow_lowres.jpg
http://www.controlledlabs.com/catalog/images/SesaGlow_supp%20facts.jpg

What is SesaGLOW™ ?

Controlled Labs Elements SesaGLOW™: Fat Elimination Formula

If you are looking for a cost-effective, stimulant free supplement to take your fat loss to the next level, SesaGLOW™ is the right choice for you.

180 Softgels (180 Servings)

Key Attributes:

- Stimulant Free Fatloss
- Mitochondrial Fatty Acid Oxidation
- Helps Increase Peroxisomal Beta Oxidation
- Effective When Cutting or Bulking
- Helps Maintain Healthy Lipid Profile
- Maintain Lean Mass During a Cutting/Fat Loss Phase
- Supports Optimal Liver and Kidney Health
- Help Decrease Fat Storage

SesaGLOW™ contains a naturally occurring sesame oil extract called Sesamin, which is found in the seeds of the Sesame plant (Sesamun indicum). The sesame plant has been used around the world for hundreds of years as a food ingredient and as a medicinal plant in traditional medicine systems. Research indicates that SesaGLOW™ will help improve fat metabolism, decrease fat storage, and help to maintain lean muscle mass.

PPAR-Alpha

PPAR-alpha regulates the expression of genes involved in fatty acid beta-oxidation and is a major regulator of energy homeostasis. SesaGLOW™ is a PPAR-alpha agonist, which means that (simply put) SesaGlow™ will help regulate and enhance your results during a fat loss / cutting phase.

Non-Stimulant Thermogenic

By regulating the natural endogenous production of prostoglandins, SesaGLOW™ becomes a viable option for either cutting or bulking, and this unique effect classifies it as a non-stimulant, but potent thermogenic. That's right... finally a fat loss product that is effective even when you aren't cutting. More research is needed to determine the precise mechanism(s) of action.

Nutrient Partitioning

Simply put, nutrient partitioning is used to describe the percentage of nutrients and calories that go to muscle as opposed to fat. Sesamin's unique effects on PPAR-alpha and prostoglandins classify it as a Nutrient Partitioning agent / compound.

Hormone Levels

Hormone levels can temporarily be compromised during a cutting phase, but SesaGlow™ may be used by the endocrine system to help maintain optimal hormone production.

Healthy Fat Loss

In addition to being all natural, research indicates that SesaGLOW™ may help support optimal liver and kidney health. For best results, SesaGLOW™ should be used in conjunction with a quality multivitamin that includes plenty of vitamin B6, carnitine, Controlled Labs’ Red Acid™ or Blue Up™.

Skin Health

Sesamin is a potent antibacterial / antioxidant extract that also helps regulate Vitamin E production. Anecdotal feedback suggests that it is a viable option to help prevent acne, and for general skin health. More research is needed in this area.

In conclusion, SesaGLOW™ is one of the safest fat loss and overall health products on the market that delivers results. It is also non-stimulating and thus can be taken at night or by those who have adverse effects to stimulants.

REFERENCES

Umeda-Sawada R, Ogawa M, Nakamura M, Igarashi O. Effect of sesamin on mitochondrial and peroxisomal beta-oxidation of arachidonic and eicosapentaenoic acids in rat liver. Lipids. 2001 May;36(5):483-9.

Sesamin ingestion regulates the transcription levels of hepatic metabolizing enzymes for alcohol and lipids in rats. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2005 Nov;29(11 Suppl):116S-120S.

Takashi IDE, Masayo KUSHIRO, Yoko TAKAHASHI, Kazuki SHINOHARA, Nobuhiro FUKUDA and Satoko SIRATO-YASUMOTO. Sesamin, a Sesame Lignan, as a Potent Serum Lipid-Lowering Food Component. JARQ 37 (3), 151-158 (2003).

Tohru Utsunomiya, Sambasiva R Chavali, W William Zhong and R Armour Forse. Effects of sesamin-supplemented dietary fat emulsions on the ex vivo production of lipopolysaccharide-induced prostanoids and tumor necrosis factor alpha in rats. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 72, No. 3, 804-808, September 2000.

K.C.G. Jeng* and R.C.W. Hou Sesamin and Sesamolin: Nature’s Therapeutic Lignans Current Enzyme Inhibition, 2005, 1, 11-20 11

Karl E. Friedl, Robert J. Moore, Reed W. Hoyt, Louis J. Marchitelli, Lester E. Martinez-Lopez, and E. Wayne Askew Endocrine markers of semistarvation in healthy lean men in a multistressor environment Appl Physiol 88: 1820-1830, 2000;

van Raalte DH, Li M, Pritchard PH, Wasan KM. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)-alpha: a pharmacological target with a promising future. Pharm Res. 2004 Sep;21(9):1531-8.

I've seen the SesaGLOW™ write-up now when can I purchase it ?

It should be available the 2nd week in July, 2006

Where can I purchase SesaGLOW™ and how much will it cost ?

It will cost around $33 - $39 at most retailers (IMPORTANT NOTE: This is around a 2 month supply !!)
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/clabs.htm

How many capsules per serving ?

How many servings per bottle ?

How many servings per day ?

So... how many days will each bottle last ?

Does SesaGLOW™ replace proper nutrition, training, and cardio ?

No

I'm on a carb-cycling diet... is SesaGLOW™ good for me ?

SesaGLOW™ is a great option for carb cycling

I'm on a low carb diet... is SesaGLOW™ good for me ?

SesaGLOW™ is a great option for those on a low carb diet

What "basic" supplements do you recommend while taking SesaGLOW™ ?

Whey Protein (throughout the day)
Fishoil / EFA
Plenty of water
Multivitamin
Creatine (such as Green Bulge™ or Green MAGnitude™)

What other supplements do you recommend to maximize my results while on SesaGLOW™ ?

Purple Wraath™ (pre / during training)
Red ACID™
GlycerGrow™ (pre / during training)
White Blood™ (before bed)
Carnitine / ALCAR

I'm on medication, should I take SesaGLOW™ ?

Ask your doctor before taking SesaGLOW™

I have a health condition, should I take SesaGLOW™ ?

Ask your doctor before taking SesaGLOW™

Is it necessary to cycle SesaGLOW™ ?

We generally recommend that you cycle off SesaGLOW™ every 10 to 12 weeks, for an “OFF” period of 2-4 weeks

What are some good indications that I'm lowing fat or gaining lean mass while on SesaGLOW™ ?

Mirror / Appearance
Measurements / Bodyfat caliper
Bodyweight / Strength

Can I stack SesaGLOW™ with Red ACID™ ?

Yes

Can I stack SesaGLOW™ with Green BULGE™ ?

Yes

Can I stack SesaGLOW™ with White BLOOD™ ?

Yes

Can I stack SesaGLOW™ with GlycerGROW™ ?

Yes

Can I stack SesaGLOW™ with Blue UP™ ?

Yes

Can I stack SesaGLOW™ with Blue UP™ (Stim Free) ?

Yes

Can I stack SesaGLOW™ with Purple WRAATH™ ?

Yes

I heard that all of your products are "Real World" tested and 105% Guaranteed ?

Yes, for complete details see www.controlledlabs.com

Is SesaGLOW™ for men or women ?

Both

I've read this FAQ completely, and I still have a question or concern.. what should I do ?

Please E-Mail me:
pt@controlledlabs.com and I'll get back to you as soon as possible

fehzan
07-05-2006, 08:57 PM
NICE I have SciVation Sesamin and it cost me $30 for a one month supply. I believe I will be switching over unless SciVation Sesamin can offer a come-back price!

heavyduty
07-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Will this conflict with x-factor.

user25891
07-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Will this conflict with x-factor.

According to the xfactor writeup, yes it will.

Blast_
07-05-2006, 10:51 PM
According to the xfactor writeup, yes it will.

They have been over it. No it won't conflict.

Anyways... Nice job CL!

OneBetter
07-05-2006, 10:52 PM
maybe i missed it, but how much sesamin per cap is in this?

Commonpremier21
07-05-2006, 11:06 PM

1000 mg

beau_zo_brehm
07-05-2006, 11:08 PM

500mg (Same as everyone else)

OneBetter
07-05-2006, 11:08 PM
nevermind, pu posted the label. thanks.

beau_zo_brehm
07-05-2006, 11:09 PM
total per serving? or per cap?

It's all in the write up, not to mention the label. 1 cap = 1 serving.

OneBetter
07-05-2006, 11:11 PM
It's all in the write up, not to mention the label. 1 cap = 1 serving.

hey there buddy, perhaps you missed the post above yours.

ps - he edited the post after my original one ;)

NATHAN518
07-06-2006, 12:41 AM
price per serving looks good pure

Phosphate bond
07-06-2006, 01:10 AM
This is definitely a good price.

P.S. Whoever was asking about stacking this with X factor I don't see the harm.

Robboe
07-06-2006, 02:07 AM
How are you making money from this?!

Are you getting an independant scan for purity, yeah?

Phosphate bond
07-06-2006, 04:04 AM
How are you making money from this?!

Are you getting an independant scan for purity, yeah?

I guess they are shaving enough from bottling costs to pull it off, but you make a good point about lab tests because obviously that does matter.

Anyway, I'm glad to see a bulk priced sesamin on the market. I'm going to stack this with X factor in some fashion in the future.

maffie2
07-06-2006, 04:16 AM
holy ****, awesome price.

I'll stock up once it comes out!

Say, what is the shelf-life of these type of products?(sesame derived).

Steve_W
07-06-2006, 04:17 AM
Your pricing, whilst exceptional is a little hard to believe. Will you guys be releasing COAs?

CONTROLLED LABS
07-06-2006, 07:23 AM
Your pricing, whilst exceptional is a little hard to believe. Will you guys be releasing COAs?

thank you, we save on packaging and bottling costs by including two bottles worth of softgels into one. The lab that everyone has used up until now to test for sesamin, ibc, is undergoing a change over to become iso certified and has stopped testing for sesamin (they are not sure if it will be temporary or permanent), once they are back to testing this will be tested. Although there is only one American source that brings sesamin in from India so we are 99% sure every American company is buying from this very same source. (Every lab has a different procedure/standard when testing for sesamin % so we must all use the same lab to keep it apples to apples comparison, if one of the other companies uses a different lab to test theirs we will follow and use them as well) we are 100% positive the sesamin is of the exact same quality as all of the other products available.

holy ****, awesome price.

I'll stock up once it comes out!

Say, what is the shelf-life of these type of products?(sesame derived).
shelf life on ours is 3 years.

LJ57
07-06-2006, 07:35 AM
Count me in on this one! Great price! There are alot of companies putting out Sesamin products right now , but this should shatter the competition.

Robboe
07-06-2006, 08:36 AM
thank you, we save on packaging and bottling costs by including two bottles worth of softgels into one.

I'm not following here.

Twin Peak
07-06-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm not following here.

They only pay for 1 bottle (not 2), one label, 1 capping price, etc. Though it is not linear, the savings can be substantial.

Robboe
07-06-2006, 08:44 AM
They only pay for 1 bottle (not 2), one label, 1 capping price, etc. Though it is not linear, the savings can be substantial.

I see.

nni
07-06-2006, 08:59 AM
I see.

do you. do you really!

adoniscomplex
07-06-2006, 09:01 AM
i wish this would come in to bb.com like today cause i am out of vaporize and want to try this

CONTROLLED LABS
07-06-2006, 09:02 AM
i wish this would come in to bb.com like today cause i am out of vaporize and want to try this
they should have it in to both warehouses on monday.

longtimelurker
07-06-2006, 09:36 AM
The lab that everyone has used up until now to test for sesamin, ibc, is undergoing a change over to become iso certified and has stopped testing for sesamin (they are not sure if it will be temporary or permanent), once they are back to testing this will be tested. Although there is only one American source that brings sesamin in from India so we are 99% sure every American company is buying from this very same source. (Every lab has a different procedure/standard when testing for sesamin % so we must all use the same lab to keep it apples to apples comparison, if one of the other companies uses a different lab to test theirs we will follow and use them as well) we are 100% positive the sesamin is of the exact same quality as all of the other products available.

Oh my god. This has bull**** written all over it. I hope consumers aren't ignorant enough to believe what was just written here. I suggest you get someone from within the company that actually understands testing to post about the testing issues. You obviously have no clue. I hope "broism" doesn't take over here. The mindless following of someone simply because they wrote a pretty paragraph.

Wait...I said for someone within the company that KNOWS about testing. I forgot, companies don't test ingredients in this industry.

CONTROLLED LABS
07-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Oh my god. This has bull**** written all over it. I hope consumers aren't ignorant enough to believe what was just written here. I suggest you get someone from within the company that actually understands testing to post about the testing issues. You obviously have no clue. I hope "broism" doesn't take over here. The mindless following of someone simply because they wrote a pretty paragraph.

Wait...I said for someone within the company that KNOWS about testing. I forgot, companies don't test ingredients in this industry.
call ibc to verify, be my guest.

longtimelurker
07-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Every lab has a different procedure/standard when testing for sesamin % so we must all use the same lab to keep it apples to apples comparison, if one of the other companies uses a different lab to test theirs we will follow and use them as well

This is complete and utter bull****. If your line of reasoning stands, then nobody could get any ingredient tested unless everyone had their stuff tested there. That is why they have TESTING STANDARDS. That way multiple labs can do the testing. Are you worried that if you send your sesamin out to a lab that does hplc that it will come back at around 5%? Are you to lazy to actually hunt a lab that can do the testing? Much like your other products you just simply knock everyone off. You can't even find your own lab, much less your own products.

I could supply sources for days on this item that would allow you to make a 240 cap for the price you'll sell your 180 cap for, to bad it won't have hardly any active in it. You aren't a supplement company. You simply get a generic supplier list and match up stuff that someone else already makes. You go to the low cost supplier and bam, you're in business.

Your ignorance was showed with this comment:
Although there is only one American source that brings sesamin in from India so we are 99% sure every American company is buying from this very same source.

You must have some idiots doing your sourcing. There is more than 1 source bringing this stuff in. Do you have any clue which supplier in india actually harvest this stuff? Didn't think so.

CONTROLLED LABS
07-06-2006, 10:17 AM
I am not going to sit here and argue with you because from your post history it seems that is what you come here to do, argue. in any case, all labs have slightly (or sometimes very) different testing procedures and there is no one single standard for sesamin testing. we will subject this sesamin product to the same testing as any other company does, otherwise it would not be a fair comparison. ibc wont even give out their exact method so I can have another lab match it, believe me I called around to many many labs.

edit: also, this sesamin is guaranteed by our supplier to be at least 50% sesamin lignans, if it isn’t I get a 100% refund, but it must be tested by ibc for this to occur, I assume this supplier is the supplier for our competition as well since they used IBC. this supplier has a relationship with ibc and developed the standard with them for testing purposes. any other standard purchased form a different company and used by a different lab will yield higher or lower results for all sesamin products.

also, none of the new sesamin products I have seen launched in the past few months (including reformulation shave a c of a, this is because of ibc not testing for it currently)

if you don’t like what I have to say then don’t buy the product.

pu12en12g
07-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Much like your other products you just simply knock everyone off.

:rolleyes: The knockoff comments are to be expected with SesaGLOW, so congrats on being #1 with the knock off comments.

As far as our other products, you couldn't be more wrong.

White BLOOD - First OEE on the market
Red ACID - First OEA on the market
GlycerGROW - First Powdered Glycerol + Electrolyte Volumizer on the market
Green BULGE - First Capsuled MCC on the market
Green MAGnitude - First Apple flavored creatine on the market (AFAIK)
Black HOLE - First Appetite Stimulant on the market

Cheers ! :)

longtimelurker
07-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Wow, being the first to introduce is flavor is now considered novel? Glycerol was around before you were born PU.

You guys must have a hardon for scivation. Xtend, you come out with purple wrath. Sesamin, you guys come out with sesamin. What's next, anamin or some knockoff of anagen?

Gotta love this industry.

jkeithc82
07-06-2006, 10:30 AM
longtimelurker,

While you have every right to challenge and question this product, please do so in your own thread. This is a FAQ thread that doesn't need to be cluttered with these types of posts. Take your inquiries to a new thread please. :)

longtimelurker
07-06-2006, 10:31 AM
I don't post very often, that is true. I will be happy to introduce myself at the Olympia should you be there. I have FAR more knowledge about this industry than you could ever hope to have. I only jump into threads to call BS when I see it.

CONTROLLED LABS
07-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Wow, being the first to introduce is flavor is now considered novel? Glycerol was around before you were born PU.

You guys must have a hardon for scivation. Xtend, you come out with purple wrath. Sesamin, you guys come out with sesamin. What's next, anamin or some knockoff of anagen?

purple wraath and xtend are two different products, they also didnt invent amino acids ;)

sesamin was not brought to market by them either, nice research.

anyway this is an faq thread, so please dont start this type of off topic banter.

nni
07-06-2006, 10:32 AM

a casual glance would show that xtend is a bcaa product and wraath is an eaa/bcaa product. also avant labs came out with sesamin first. other than those errors, good post. :)

hotasice2003
07-06-2006, 10:35 AM
HHmm, I too am wondering about the % of active ingredient. If this is truly 500mg of Sesamin, then this would be great for me as far as price wise. Everyone will get double the dosage for the same price. That will prolly deff put down Scivation and Avant Labs sells........ I got to order some stuff this next week, so i'll wait and buy some of this.....

CONTROLLED LABS
07-06-2006, 10:39 AM
HHmm, I too am wondering about the % of active ingredient. If this is truly 500mg of Sesamin, then this would be great for me as far as price wise. Everyone will get double the dosage for the same price. That will prolly deff put down Scivation and Avant Labs sells........ I got to order some stuff this next week, so i'll wait and buy some of this.....
its twice the softgels for about 10 dollars more per bottle at bb.com prices.

by the way S A N, already had the cheapest one before this:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sesaminper.html

longtimelurker
07-06-2006, 11:18 AM
Sorry for messing up the FAQ thread. I'll wait till it's in the main section to put my full assault on :).

BTW, I just noticed scivation is offering 180 caps for 39.99.

boyscouT
07-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Sorry for messing up the FAQ thread. I'll wait till it's in the main section to put my full assault on :).

Just noticed that as well.. :eek: :D

IntensityX
07-06-2006, 11:29 AM
I want to say something.Even though Scivation's got their new 180 ct out I do believe you can't go wrong with either company.So whether you pick CL's product or Scivation's it becomes a win/win situation since both companies are top of the line.

gresh
07-06-2006, 11:34 AM

I think this calls for the 270 ct :D

adoniscomplex
07-06-2006, 11:40 AM
i like both companies alot , i hope they come out with the same exact price come monday

pu12en12g
07-06-2006, 11:40 AM

:cool:

longtimelurker
07-06-2006, 11:56 AM
I just love how a company is willing to come out with an ingredient they know has questionable quality without testing it. They say they are GOING to test it, but what does that say about the current batch consumers are getting? So what happens if the material comes back bad? You going to refund all your customers? My guess is we would never know if it came out bad.

For once I wish a company would put the customer FIRST. That is why this industry drives me nuts. CL just wanted to make a quick profit and they have NO clue if what they have in that softgel is legit. Gotta love it.

CONTROLLED LABS
07-06-2006, 11:57 AM
I just love how a company is willing to come out with an ingredient they know has questionable quality without testing it. They say they are GOING to test it, but what does that say about the current batch consumers are getting? So what happens if the material comes back bad? You going to refund all your customers? My guess is we would never know if it came out bad.

For once I wish a company would put the customer FIRST. That is why this industry drives me nuts. CL just wanted to make a quick profit and they have NO clue if what they have in that softgel is legit. Gotta love it.
does our competition test every batch? I think not. anyway this is an faq thread.

jkeithc82
07-06-2006, 12:12 PM

lurker, last time I'll say this

After banning about five people for cluttering up the Red Acid FAQ today, we're implementing a new rule for the entire Supplements section.

In FAQ and Review threads about products, please keep the discussion on topic. DO NOT go in there and bash the product/company/etc. If you have questions about it, feel free to ask them.

Now, this rule applies for all companies (Muscletech, Scivation, AvantLabs, basically I'm saying I don't care who it is). If you break the rule, NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, you will receive a minimum of a seven day ban from here on out.

****Please note- This does not mean that you can't bash or question companies or products. You've always been able to do that and obviously that's not changing since that's a main reason the Supplement section is here. But if you wish to do that, then start a new thread or post in another thread that's not an FAQ or review.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Thanks for your time.

Robboe
07-06-2006, 12:55 PM
does our competition test every batch? I think not.

IIRC, Scivation does indeed test every batch.

CONTROLLED LABS
07-06-2006, 01:20 PM
IIRC, Scivation does indeed test every batch.
first, they aren’t our only competition, and second I don’t see every batch tested on their site, only one (not bashing just answering your statement). In any regards please stay off this thread unless it is faq related, I don’t barge into other companies threads and I would expect the same from others.

Joel
07-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Just curious what does the GLOW mean ?

Is that some kind of acronym?

nni
07-06-2006, 02:45 PM

glorious ladies of wrestling?

CONTROLLED LABS
07-06-2006, 02:57 PM
ding ding ding :D

because the pills have a glow to them and sesamin also is good for a glowing skin tone. :)

Kledz
07-06-2006, 03:50 PM
sesamin also is good for a glowing skin tone. :)

???

Robboe
07-06-2006, 04:02 PM
first, they aren’t our only competition, and second I don’t see every batch tested on their site, only one (not bashing just answering your statement). In any regards please stay off this thread unless it is faq related, I don’t barge into other companies threads and I would expect the same from others.

I was just pointing out the fallacy in your statement that your competition do not test every batch. I was merely using Scivation as an example. I'm not in here to cause problems, so please do not get the wrong idea.

Just because someone in this thread is giving you grief does not mean i am.

But fair enough, i'll comply and not post in here again unless its FAQ-related.

naturalguy
07-06-2006, 04:22 PM

LOL, that was good

dito
07-06-2006, 04:41 PM
longtimelurker,

While you have every right to challenge and question this product, please do so in your own thread. This is a FAQ thread that doesn't need to be cluttered with these types of posts. Take your inquiries to a new thread please. :)

This is a stupid rule. He is asking questions. Since it's a question thread, what is the problem? Saw and Keith please change that rule.

storm shadow
07-06-2006, 04:46 PM
This is a stupid rule. He is asking questions. Since it's a question thread, what is the problem? Saw and Keith please change that rule.
I think they what they mean is that this is a thread meant for common/frequently asked questions, such as stacking info and ingredient questions about the product. While I have nothing against questioning a companies integrity/motives/etc. for once I will have to agree with jkeith on this one. ;)

dito
07-06-2006, 05:10 PM
So, if enough people asked for lab analysis it would become a frequently asked question, would it not?

Ephedra
07-06-2006, 07:30 PM
So, if enough people asked for lab analysis it would become a frequently asked question, would it not?sooo, does cl have a coa for this? ;)

IntensityX
07-06-2006, 09:29 PM

Yeah it's a subliminal message.It stands for Getting Large On White blood.It's a hidden marketing ploy to buy more CL products j/k guys :D

IntensityX
07-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Or it could mean Getting Large On Weed.Where CL has included a secret ingredient WEED.So not only are you getting more muscles but getting high as well.

Fess up CL and PU we are onto you :D :D

Nathan1
07-06-2006, 11:47 PM
You guys must have a hardon for scivation. What's next, some knockoff of anagen?

after all CL, Scivation was the originator of Sesamin/ecdysterone/BCAA/EAA products, or didn't you hear? :p

boyscouT
07-07-2006, 12:07 AM
What's COA mean?

pu12en12g
07-07-2006, 12:48 AM
What's COA mean?

Certificate of Analysis here are the comments by Tank on the current COA situation:

The lab that everyone has used up until now to test for sesamin, ibc, is undergoing a change over to become iso certified and has stopped testing for sesamin (they are not sure if it will be temporary or permanent), once they are back to testing this will be tested. Although there is only one American source that brings sesamin in from India so we are 99% sure every American company is buying from this very same source. (Every lab has a different procedure/standard when testing for sesamin % so we must all use the same lab to keep it apples to apples comparison, if one of the other companies uses a different lab to test theirs we will follow and use them as well) we are 100% positive the sesamin is of the exact same quality as all of the other products available.

all labs have slightly (or sometimes very) different testing procedures and there is no one single standard for sesamin testing. we will subject this sesamin product to the same testing as any other company does, otherwise it would not be a fair comparison. ibc wont even give out their exact method so I can have another lab match it, believe me I called around to many many labs.

edit: also, this sesamin is guaranteed by our supplier to be at least 50% sesamin lignans, if it isn’t I get a 100% refund, but it must be tested by ibc for this to occur, I assume this supplier is the supplier for our competition as well since they used IBC. this supplier has a relationship with ibc and developed the standard with them for testing purposes. any other standard purchased form a different company and used by a different lab will yield higher or lower results for all sesamin products.

also, none of the new sesamin products I have seen launched in the past few months (including reformulation shave a c of a, this is because of ibc not testing for it currently)

if you don’t like what I have to say then don’t buy the product.

IBC Labs

ADDRESS:
Integrated Biomolecule Corporation
2005 E. Innovation Park Drive
Tucson, Arizona 85755-1966

PHONE: (520) 219-2900

FAX: (520) 219-6090

EMAIL: lab@integratedbiomolecule.com

boyscouT
07-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Thanks Pure. Here's another question:

Is the sesamin in these capsules the same oil found in Sesame Oil, found in most supermarkets/delis/grocerys, for cooking?

pu12en12g
07-07-2006, 01:24 AM
Thanks Pure. Here's another question:

Is the sesamin in these capsules the same oil found in Sesame Oil, found in most supermarkets/delis/grocerys, for cooking?

Nope.. it's actually a sesame oil extract (specific lignan). Sesame seeds contain sesamin, episesamin, sesamolin etc....

boyscouT
07-07-2006, 01:31 AM
Nope.. it's actually a sesame oil extract (specific lignan). Sesame seeds contain sesamin, episesamin, sesamolin etc....
Ah... darnit. Thanks for the reply.

pu12en12g
07-07-2006, 01:39 AM
Ah... darnit. Thanks for the reply.

Sesame Seeds, Sesame Oil, and Tahini are still beneficial... just not as cost effective as SesaGLOW. Sesamin content in sesame seeds is low and can vary, which is why the extract was pretty revolutionary.

sesamin 1.6 (Namiki 1995) to 11.3 mg/g of oil (Beroza and Kinman 1955), and sesamolin 0.1 to 8.6 mg/g of oil (Japanese germplasm database).

As you can see, with SesaGLOW we are getting 500mg/g of oil instead of 1 to 12mg/g of oil

Da Swede
07-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Or it could mean Getting Large On Weed.Where CL has included a secret ingredient WEED.So not only are you getting more muscles but getting high as well.

Fess up CL and PU we are onto you :D :D

Finally a natural supp that works, gotta get some :D :D

CONTROLLED LABS
07-07-2006, 01:11 PM
Finally a natural supp that works, gotta get some :D :D
should be in on monday. florida already has it in their warehouse.

Kledz
07-07-2006, 03:31 PM
sesamin also is good for a glowing skin tone. :)

Can someone please elaborate on this?

pu12en12g
07-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Can someone please elaborate on this?

Sure... prostaglandins are directly related to soft, better hydrated, silky / smooth skin. Sesamin may also help protect against UV damage.

utjock12
07-07-2006, 03:59 PM
has there been any documented results with stretch mark prevention or healing?

40-Yard Dash_2
07-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Sure... prostaglandins are directly related to soft, better hydrated, silky / smooth skin.

Really?

By what biosynthetic mechanism?

Kledz
07-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Really?

By what biosynthetic mechanism?

Please continue. :)

IntensityX
07-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Sure... prostaglandins are directly related to soft, better hydrated, silky / smooth skin. Sesamin may also help protect against UV damage.

What about acne?

IntensityX
07-07-2006, 08:37 PM
after all CL, Scivation was the originator of Sesamin/ecdysterone/BCAA/EAA products, or didn't you hear? :p

Avant Labs was the originator of Sesamin.

RepubCarrier
07-07-2006, 09:13 PM
What is the other 500mg in each cap comprised of, exactly?

RepubCarrier
07-07-2006, 09:14 PM

I don't see how a fibrate drug could do that, although you are free to research such an idiosyncracy on pubmed and then get back to us if anything turns up.

pu12en12g
07-07-2006, 09:22 PM

Not that I know of

Nathan1
07-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Avant Labs was the originator of Sesamin.

:eek:

ya don't say!!

:rolleyes:

IntensityX
07-07-2006, 10:15 PM
:eek:

ya don't say!!

:rolleyes:

Nah it was MuscleTech :D

pu12en12g
07-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Just a "unofficial" note / update:

Until I can officially confirm it and get it into the SesaGLOW FAQ, I'm personally recommending that (for best results) users DO NOT combine / stack NAC and SesaGLOW.

MCWTRAINER
07-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Would SesaGLOW and Black Hole stack well together for clean bulking?

storm shadow
07-09-2006, 10:54 AM
I would think they would be perfect for eachother. But then again I don't know that for a fact.

pu12en12g
07-09-2006, 10:57 AM

Very, very well.

The added appetite = added calories + nutrient partitioning... it doesn't get much better than that... and there is also potential synergy with GlycerGROW / GMS as well.

MCWTRAINER
07-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Very, very well.

The added appetite = added calories + nutrient partitioning... it doesn't get much better than that... and there is also potential synergy with GlycerGROW / GMS as well.
Nice!

Coulaid
07-09-2006, 11:05 AM

Until I can officially confirm it and get it into the SesaGLOW FAQ, I'm personally recommending that (for best results) users DO NOT combine / stack NAC and SesaGLOW.
Did I miss something? Why's that?

pu12en12g
07-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Did I miss something? Why's that?

Simply put, there is a potential benefit of sesamin that hasn't been discussed much and NAC may interfere with it... more info to come...

Here is a preview / hint.... I will also be (unofficially) recommending that people NOT take NAC with Xfactor / GlycerGROW.

storm shadow
07-09-2006, 11:32 AM
This might be a stupid question, but has anyone ever tried megadosing sesamin?

Kledz
07-09-2006, 05:55 PM
there is also potential synergy with GlycerGROW / GMS as well.

Please elaborate.

boyscouT
07-09-2006, 07:01 PM
This might be a stupid question, but has anyone ever tried megadosing sesamin?
What do you consider megadosing?

young_squatter (scivation rep) has told me Beast takes 1 sesamin with every meal.. so 6 a day.

IntensityX
07-09-2006, 08:32 PM

So I can't take this:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mhp/act.html

pu12en12g
07-09-2006, 08:42 PM
So I can't take this:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mhp/act.html

NAC is listed next to last in a 250mg blend, so that should be fine... :p

NAC in a multivitamin should be just fine. It's "standalone" or "gram doses" of NAC supplementation that we will potentially want to avoid (for "optimal" results) while using SesaGLOW.

More clarification on the way, working on finalizing the article.

IntensityX
07-09-2006, 08:52 PM
NAC is listed next to last in a 250mg blend, so that should be fine... :p

NAC in a multivitamin should be just fine. It's "standalone" or "gram doses" of NAC supplementation that we will potentially want to avoid (for "optimal" results) while using SesaGLOW.

More clarification on the way, working on finalizing the article.

Good thanks.

laz
07-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Why SesaGLOW??? Im not catching the point of the name here.

pu12en12g
07-09-2006, 09:18 PM

Because it rhymes with GlycerGROW ? :p just kidding....

ding ding ding :D

because the pills have a glow to them and sesamin also is good for a glowing skin tone. :)

IntensityX
07-09-2006, 09:46 PM

Would you rather them call it CreamyBLOW :D

Blap Blaow
07-10-2006, 03:53 PM
I find it interesting that SesaGlow is part of the Controlled Labs 'Elements' line, and Sesamin is part of the SciVation line (as opposed to Primaforce). How times change I guess...

Anyways, looks like a solid product. Big thumbs up for bringing much needed competitive pricing to the sesame seed table :)

pu12en12g
07-15-2006, 04:25 AM
....looks like a solid product. Big thumbs up for bringing much needed competitive pricing to the sesame seed table :)

Thanks for the kind words man... it certainly becomes a MUCH more viable option for consumers at this price :cool:

GeordieArtois
07-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the kind words man... it certainly becomes a MUCH more viable option for consumers at this price :cool:

Word. The price will make ALL the difference, especially here in the UK where supps cost an arm and a leg.

CONTROLLED LABS
07-15-2006, 04:57 PM
sorry for the delay but it is now up on bodybuilding.com: :)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/sesa.html

rkh_nz
11-23-2006, 05:36 PM
So how roughly how much fat should a meal contain when taking with SesaGlow?

Is it safe to go up to 4-6 caps daily?

Is taking SesaGlow on an empty stomach discouraged?

pu12en12g
11-24-2006, 11:28 PM
So how roughly how much fat should a meal contain when taking with SesaGlow?

Is it safe to go up to 4-6 caps daily?

Is taking SesaGlow on an empty stomach discouraged?

1. Plenty of controversy on this, but there's no magic number

2. I have experimented with up to 10 caps daily. Side effects include insomnia, muscle twitching / spasms, sweating like crazy, baby smooth skin, and insane fatloss from the oblique area.

3. Yes, I recommend taking it with a solid food meal

AUSTINSCOBRA
11-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Should I continue taking Green Tea/Fat Burner along with this product?

pu12en12g
11-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Should I continue taking Green Tea/Fat Burner along with this product?

It's designed to be stacked with Red ACID... so generally speaking, YES. :cool:

GetShredded
04-05-2007, 09:05 PM
The first 2 pages of this was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heavyduty
04-05-2007, 09:10 PM
The first 2 pages of this was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strong bump????? and for no reason???

GetShredded
04-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Strong bump????? and for no reason???

Interested on SesaGlow because I couldn't find any reviews. Doesn't seem like the strongest CL product by itself.

pu12en12g
04-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Interested on SesaGlow because I couldn't find any reviews. Doesn't seem like the strongest CL product by itself.

It isn't supposed to be.... it should be stacked with Red ACID :cool:

SesaGLOW reviews / feedback / logs:
http://controlledlabsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

crucialkc
04-26-2007, 12:02 AM
did you guys ever get this stuff tested to make sure it is what your supplier said it is?

shortie_
06-11-2007, 02:08 AM
how would you dose this to take it while bulking ?

pu12en12g
06-11-2007, 02:52 AM
how would you dose this to take it while bulking ?

Probably 1-2 per day... results will vary.

Mickfootie
06-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Probably 1-2 per day... results will vary.

I take 2 a day just to keep off any excess fat build up accumilating and to help evenly disperse the BF i have.
It is also a great product to stop the skin from Drying out and keeping it in a good condition.

No it's not a great fat burning product but when stacked with one it does work very well with it.

I used the Blue-Up with Yohimbe and the SesaGlow a while ago and that was a good combo to keep muscle whilst burning fat and keeping toned too. :)

domin4nt
06-14-2007, 01:02 PM
I am currently on an EC stack while also supplementing Green Tea. I am making an order on BB and have been thinking about picking some of this up. Any cautions I should adhere to regarding stacking with EC? Hope not since I love CL products and the benefits sound great.

CONTROLLED LABS
06-14-2007, 01:40 PM
I am currently on an EC stack while also supplementing Green Tea. I am making an order on BB and have been thinking about picking some of this up. Any cautions I should adhere to regarding stacking with EC? Hope not since I love CL products and the benefits sound great.

nope, it will stack perfectly and safely.

domin4nt
06-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I will have a bottle in my hands next week =)

Shkip
06-22-2007, 04:03 AM
apologies for bringing up this thread
but in regards to dosing this when bulking, with the general recommendations being about 1g a day to avoid muscle softness.. is this 1 g of sesamin oil or 1g of total standardized sesamin lignans ?

pu12en12g
06-22-2007, 05:42 AM
apologies for bringing up this thread
but in regards to dosing this when bulking, with the general recommendations being about 1g a day to avoid muscle softness.. is this 1 g of sesamin oil or 1g of total standardized sesamin lignans ?

Standardized to at least 500mg sesamin per 1g

Thug9
11-28-2007, 10:02 AM
i got a question, i search but didnt find it. are there any added benefits by adding a serving making it 4 a day? Im cutting big time. thanx

pu12en12g
11-28-2007, 10:08 AM
i got a question, i search but didnt find it. are there any added benefits by adding a serving making it 4 a day? Im cutting big time. thanx

Worth a shot ! I have used up to 6 per day (I think that was the max.... :p ). The immediate effects of a higher dosage: Thermogenic night sweats and SUPER smooth / glowing skin.

CONTROLLED LABS
11-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Worth a shot ! I have used up to 6 per day (I think that was the max.... :p ). The immediate effects of a higher dosage: Thermogenic night sweats and SUPER smooth / glowing skin.

yeah, but your always as radiant as a pregnant woman, so that is no real proof :D

Thug9
11-28-2007, 10:33 AM

thanx dude

Thug9
11-28-2007, 10:35 AM
yeah, but your always as radiant as a pregnant woman, so that is no real proof :D

woohoo. compliment to your friend

pu12en12g
11-28-2007, 10:37 AM

^^^^

Nice way of calling me a fatty !!! :D :D

Now where's that leftover pizza....

Thug9
11-28-2007, 11:43 AM
^^^Ima bump it to four not six. heeh