PDA

View Full Version : Asking help for my girlfriend!

FireFighter68
07-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Hi. I'm asking for some help for my girlfriend about diet and exercise. I am helping her put together a diet to lose fat and tone. She said she wants to tone and lose fat in her inner thighs, love handles, and butt. What kind of nutrition or diet could you possibly suggest? Also, what are some good exercises or lifts to target those areas to tone them? I'm trying to help her get started, but I'm so used to just bulking diets and heavy weights, so I wanted to come to some of you good women for help! Please help if you have any suggestions! Thanks a lot!

user438954890590
07-05-2006, 06:51 PM
It's understandable that you want to help your girlfriend, but she has to be motivated enough to go out and do the research herself and find out what it takes. If she's not motivated enough to find information to help herself she might not be ready for change in her life.

Mango
07-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Whoa, calsade, that is a little harsh.

Firefighter, I think you both have to ditch the vocabulary of "toning", and try not to focus on her "trouble spots". Telling people that spot reduction does not work is just becoming too much of a broken record for any of us to bother explaining it further. Understand that when she loses body fat in general, it will go down in these areas, too, but she can't simply focus on them.

That being said, she sounds like a total beginner. She needs to learn to eat enough, to eat the right foods, and to space them appropriately apart. You say you bulk?? You should be eating the same foods bulking as you eat when cutting *assuming you do eat the right types of foods*. Just a lot less of them.

She will also need a resistance training program that will challenge her muscles, and a cardio program that will not interfere with muscle growth.

Terracotta has a wicked web page that I think your gf should read. I do agree that she does need to educate herself: you can't be her soul resource.

This is terra's web site. http://terracotta2.googlepages.com/

imperfectly_lou
07-05-2006, 10:33 PM
It's understandable that you want to help your girlfriend, but she has to be motivated enough to go out and do the research herself and find out what it takes. If she's not motivated enough to find information to help herself she might not be ready for change in her life.

I don't think this is harsh. Knowledge is power.