PDA

View Full Version : Want Fat Loss but need calories?

challenge2006
07-04-2006, 11:55 AM
I am doing Body for Life and am only on my official day 2 of the program. My problem seems to be getting enough calories. I am eating 5 small very high protein meals per day and barely getting over 1000 calories. Everything I have read says I need to eat more than that while lifting weights. I really do want to lose fat, but am afraid to stick with such a low calorie count. Any advice? I am NOT hungry, just scared that I might be somehow messing up my metabolism by not eating enough. I am eating every 2 hours, but ending early, so maybe I should add one more meal? Any good ideas of what to eat before bed?
THANKS.

Forge3
07-04-2006, 12:33 PM
I am doing Body for Life and am only on my official day 2 of the program. My problem seems to be getting enough calories. I am eating 5 small very high protein meals per day and barely getting over 1000 calories. Everything I have read says I need to eat more than that while lifting weights. I really do want to lose fat, but am afraid to stick with such a low calorie count. Any advice? I am NOT hungry, just scared that I might be somehow messing up my metabolism by not eating enough. I am eating every 2 hours, but ending early, so maybe I should add one more meal? Any good ideas of what to eat before bed?
THANKS.
Get an approximate measure of your maintenance calories:
Bodyweight (lbs) x 15 = calories
1,000 calories might work if you were about 75 lbs. and sedentary. Otherwise the calories you are burning up includes MUSCLE AND fat stores. As far as a night time snack you can have some milk, glutamine and/or casseine but only as a measure to slow the body down from burning up muscle tissue. What you really need to do is up the calories, add some EFa's and a little more carbs until you are at maintenance. Then see if the intensity of your program on a maintenance diet allows for fat loss. You can adjust the calories according to results.
Peace.