PDA

View Full Version : need advice for my younger sis

Flash_Bang_85
07-03-2006, 01:20 PM
hi ladies,
first off all i gota point out tht im a dude, this is thread is concerning my younger sister shes 19 yrs old and weighs like 80lbs at 5 ft 5, she knws shes underweight nd shes come to me for help, i've started her slowly and made her a diet which is around 2000-2500 cals(will post below), the thing i need from you ladies are past experiences with a similar situation, how you managed to over come it, words off encouragment. she isn't realy convinced that all this dieting and working out will work, i need to try nd convince her it does!! please help, she realy does wana put on weight nd not feel insecure nd different from other ppl.

meal 1-
2 eggs whole
whole milk + 50g oats
6 peices almonds
meal 2-
2xtoast + 1/2 can beans
6 peices almonds
meal 3-
1 small tub cottage cheese + whole milk
peanut butter sandwhich
6peices almond
meal 4-
3 eggs boiled
small tub cottage cheese + milk
6 peices almonds
meal 5-
home made meal
milk + cottage cheese
6 peices almonds
before sleep-
cottage cheese + milk
peanut butter sandwhich
6peices almonds

shes not started working out, she wont untill she see's changes first with the meal :s please comment on diet aswell.

terracotta
07-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Ok, first, has she been to a doctor to test for thyroid issues? If she is clear of those, then she probably just has a fast metabolism and is not eating enough. BTW, I used to weigh 98 lbs at 5'4 when I was 15, and now I weigh 128 lbs.

First log her foods and figure out just how many calories she is getting. Then raise those calories by 100 daily each week. This slow method will allow her to gain more muscle and less fat.

You can also have her take a look at my website
http://terracotta2.googlepages.com

Flash_Bang_85
07-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Ok, first, has she been to a doctor to test for thyroid issues? If she is clear of those, then she probably just has a fast metabolism and is not eating enough. BTW, I used to weigh 98 lbs at 5'4 when I was 15, and now I weigh 128 lbs.

First log her foods and figure out just how many calories she is getting. Then raise those calories by 100 daily each week. This slow method will allow her to gain more muscle and less fat.

You can also have her take a look at my website
http://terracotta2.googlepages.com

thanks for your reply, i'll have my sis check ur site.