PDA

View Full Version : Omega BURN3D wite up

matpal
07-03-2006, 08:23 AM
BURN3D shold be here in the cyberstore this week...

BURN3D form Omega sports is the new measuring stick for fat-burners and thermogenics. Other products rely on hoards of stimulants so that you ‘feel’ something and think the product is burning fat, while in reality it is only burning through your hard earned money.

Omega Sports BURN3D is quite possibly the most potent, most synergistic thermogenic, body fat reducing product available anywhere. The combination of its three ingredients in absolute perfect amounts produces an unparalleled ‘continuous burn cycle’ of body fat that is unmatched in the industry. And if that was not enough, the ingredients in BURN3D have been clinically proven to increase muscle mass.

Sound interesting? You Bet!

Here it is in a nutshell:

BURN3D contains three main ingredients in the perfect rations for the ultimate synergy blend: Green tea extract, Forskolin and TTA.

Green Tea – antioxidant, increase in 24hour energy expenditure, inhibition of COMT leading to greater amounts of norepinephrine, all without any nervous system stimulation.

Conclusion? Helps burn fat by shifting substrate utilization away from carbs and towards fat, and does not come with any resultant nervousness or jitters.

Forskolin – decreases blood pressure, increases heart function but mainly increases intracellular cAMP. Increased cAMP results in increased fatty acids liberated from adipocytes (fat cells) for use by the body. Works independently of beta receptors, therefore can exert its effect without any nervous system stimulation.

Conclusion? Forskolin liberates fat from fat cells for use by the body.

TTA – turns the liver into a fat burning machine. Drains FFA from the blood and burns them up in the mitochondria/peroxisomes of the liver. All without any nervous system stimulation and only for fats; TTA does not increase protein or carb utilization.

Conclusion? TTA will help you use up more calories, all coming from fat sources.

So as you can see, the ingredients in Omega BURN3D will created what we have dubbed a ‘continuous burn cycle’ of body fat. Liberating fat stores into the bloodstream and then burning them for fuel is what you will get 24/7 with BURN3D. No other product on the market is designed so strategically as BURN3D to work in such harmony.

Now that you have the basics, we present the science.

Green Tea Extract – GTE is a powerful ingredient in any fat loss or general health supplement stack. GTE has been shown to be a powerful antioxidant but more importantly for our purposes, GTE has been shown to elevate resting metabolic rate (as determined by Energy Expenditure, or EE), and the increase is accompanied by a shift in substrate utilization from carbohydrates to fats with no change in protein degradation. This means that the metabolic increase due to GTE A) spares protein and B) burns more fat. How does GTE do this? It is thought that GTE inhibits an enzyme called catechol O-methyltransferase, or COMT. COMT is responsible for breaking down norepinephrine, a molecule that stimulates fat mobilization and thermogenesis (for reference, ephedrine works by increasing levels of circulating norepinephrine). Unlike ephedrine, the resultant increase in norepinephrine from GTE does not give you the jitters or make you anxious. Also, it has been shown that the primary active “catechins” in GTE, EGCG, has a “threshold” dosage before which it is eliminated quickly prior to reaching the blood. The threshold was shown to be around 375mg of EGCG ingested all at once. Prior to this dosage, only small amounts of EGCG make their way into the blood, but past this 375mg “saturation barrier” the majority of the catechins make it into the bloodstream. Thus, 400mg of EGCG at one dose has far greater effects than two 200mg doses spread apart. With this in mind, each dose of Omega BURN3D contains 400mg of EGCG, enough to reach past the saturation point and significantly elevate blood levels of the active catechins.

Coleus Forskolii – The active ingredient in this Ayurvedic herb is forskolin. Forskolin acts similarly to beta agonists like ephedrine, but without the CNS effects associated with them. This is because forskolin is able to exert its effects without beta receptor interaction. Forskolin activates an enzyme named adenylate cyclase, which in turn increases cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP). cAMP is a messenger molecule that signals the body to mobilize fat from fat cells. This is due to cAMP activating cAMP-dependant protein kinase, which activates hormone sensitive lipase (HSL). HSL is responsible for signaling fat cells to release free fatty acids (FFA) into the bloodstream for use as energy. Thus, by increasing cAMP, fat is mobilized from fat cells for use as energy. As an aside, forskolin is also known to reduce blood pressure, increase healthy heart function, increase NO and act as an antihistamine. While releasing FFA into the blood might seem like you can start winning the battle of the bulge, it is only half the equation; FFA, if not utilized as fuel (for instance, during exercise) are returned to fat cells and reincorporated. So the end point is that unless you use these extra FFA, they will just be redeposited. Which leads to the next ingredient in Omega BURN3D…

TTA - Tetradecylthioacetic acid. Yes, I know its hard to say, but it is of my opinion that any non-stimulant fat burner needs to incorporate this new and intriguing compound. TTA is a fatty acid with a sulfur atom substituted at the 3rd position in place of a carbon (also known as a 3-thia fatty acid). What this does is prevent the TTA molecule from being oxidized (or burnt up) by the body for fuel. TTA is a potent activator of a set of nuclear sub-receptors dubbed the PPARs. PPARalpha (PPARa) is responsible for fat mobilization and burning, PPARdelta (PPARd) is somewhat greyer area, as it is not too well understood, and PPARgamma (PPARg) is responsible for fat storage. TTA is a very strong activator of PPARa, leading to a host of fat burning changes. By activating PPARa (which stands for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor), structural changes take place in the mitochondria of the body, causing them to enlarge and proliferate. The same happens with peroxisomes, which are also responsible for oxidation of fats. What does this all mean? The liver becomes a fat burning machine, draining fatty acids from the blood and burning them up in the many new mitochondria and peroxisomes. TTA has shown resultant dramatic decreases in blood FFA concentrations, and has been shown to be cardioprotective by changing cholesterol profiles from negative to beneficial.

Clearly, these ingredients compliment each other. TTA leads to drainage of FFA from the blood, and forskolin increases FFA release, meaning that they should work in synergy and lead to even greater fat loss than the two alone (and when combined with exercise and a caloric deficit, leading to total fat destruction). And with these two chugging away, GTE shifts the body over from carb utilization to fat utilization in its daily metabolism. All of this without any CNS stimulation that you can feel or that will keep you up at night.

Meaning what? Meaning that Omega BURN3D can be taken at any time of day, including before bed.

Now to speak on something I left out that really excites me.

Caffeine will work very synergistically with Omega BURN3D. 150-200mg during the morning and at midday will increase fat burning due to a couple of effects. First, caffeine is a CNS stimulant, and as shown when combined with ephedrine results in a synergistic metabolism increase (a 1+1=3 relationship). Seeing as how forskolin and GTE are very similar to ephedrine in method of response (without the CNS stimulation), combining caffeine with them would synergistically increase metabolism. Caffeine is a phosphodiesterase inhibitor; phosphodiesterase breaks down cAMP in the body. And forskolin increases cAMP…so by taking caffeine with Omega BURN3D, not only will cAMP be elevated by directly increasing it (through forskolin) but also through the indirect method of a reduction in its breakdown (via caffeine).

Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings per container: 90

Amount per Serving:
TTA: 800mg
Green Tea (50% EGCG): 800mg
Forselan®: 20mg

user25891
07-04-2006, 12:27 AM
I tried the beta of this, and will say it is simply an awesome product! Thanks to Matpal!

qw3r
07-04-2006, 01:36 AM
this is the write up that got me sold on buying two burn3d/lean support packages without even having tried it yet. i have no doubt i wont be let down, just as long as i stay hydrated and can withstand the cramps.

quick question: why 20mg forslean? it seems a bit low compared to other standardized products out there.

JRRBadBoy4Life
07-04-2006, 04:43 AM
Nice wite up matty.

matpal
07-04-2006, 05:45 AM
Technically, it is 100mg fo forskolii standardized to 20mg. The clinical studies used 50mg a day, so you're still over that threshold. We had it at 75mg, but too many experienced stomach issues.

qw3r
07-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Technically, it is 100mg fo forskolii standardized to 20mg. The clinical studies used 50mg a day, so you're still over that threshold. We had it at 75mg, but too many experienced stomach issues.

ic, so the clinical studies used 10mg daily standardized, while you use 20mg? and you used to have it at as much as 75mg standardized, but it caused discomfort?

well i dont want any discomfort, but im sure you guys know what would be effective dosing and what wouldnt. i just recall seeing another product (i believe it may have been thermal rage) that had 40mg but i wasnt sure if it was standardized or not. btw, did you ever get a hold of additional information that you could share in regards to the 375mg minimum of egcg and its potential max before losing efficiency?

user25891
07-04-2006, 04:22 PM

Does that mean youre not using the 90% forslean in burn3d?

CanadaBBOY
07-04-2006, 05:15 PM
I like the sounds of the cAMP boosting abilities of Coleus Forskolii.

Nice writeup, the only thing i'd like to see beyond this is some referenced studies, however I know sometimes those are 'classifed' due to dosing info, etc...

Nice work!

matpal
07-04-2006, 07:39 PM
ic, so the clinical studies used 10mg daily standardized, while you use 20mg? and you used to have it at as much as 75mg standardized, but it caused discomfort?

well i dont want any discomfort, but im sure you guys know what would be effective dosing and what wouldnt. i just recall seeing another product (i believe it may have been thermal rage) that had 40mg but i wasnt sure if it was standardized or not. btw, did you ever get a hold of additional information that you could share in regards to the 375mg minimum of egcg and its potential max before losing efficiency?

THe clinical studies used two 25mg doses. In the beta version, we were using three 25mg doses. The final version uses three 20mg doses.

I'll get the studies used for the write up and try to have them posted by this week (I did not author this write up).

P01Shooter
07-04-2006, 07:57 PM
this is the write up that got me sold on buying two burn3d/lean support packages without even having tried it yet. i have no doubt i wont be let down, just as long as i stay hydrated and can withstand the cramps.

quick question: why 20mg forslean? it seems a bit low compared to other standardized products out there.

I've been taking Burn3d since last Thursday which really isn't that long, but you don't want more Forslean than what is in there. The first day I took all 3 doses I had some pretty raunchy gas in the evening and then after that I didn't have any problems untill yesterday when I took my 3 doses about 5-6 hours apart. When you take it, shoot for about 6.5 to 7 hours since that's the magic number for me. I'm also taking potassium and drinking plenty of water. Hopefully the cramps will never come! I have yet to try the Lean Support but am holding it in reserve.

I'm thinking about picking up another bottle and going an extra two weeks for a total of six. Here's my log and before pics should be up once I take the time to figure out how to chop out my face and post them here.

Burn3d Log (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=10570488#post10570488)

qw3r
07-05-2006, 02:46 PM
I've been taking Burn3d since last Thursday which really isn't that long, but you don't want more Forslean than what is in there. The first day I took all 3 doses I had some pretty raunchy gas in the evening and then after that I didn't have any problems untill yesterday when I took my 3 doses about 5-6 hours apart. When you take it, shoot for about 6.5 to 7 hours since that's the magic number for me. I'm also taking potassium and drinking plenty of water. Hopefully the cramps will never come! I have yet to try the Lean Support but am holding it in reserve.

I'm thinking about picking up another bottle and going an extra two weeks for a total of six. Here's my log and before pics should be up once I take the time to figure out how to chop out my face and post them here.

Burn3d Log (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=10570488#post10570488)

thanks for the link. i just got my burn3d/lean support in today and was wondering if your lean support came in little ghetto bottles as well? what i mean to say is that the bottle does not match the pictures i see in various net stores. its like a generic white bottle with a regular print out label i could have done myself. im pretty sure its still good stuff, but want to double check.

also ty for the warning on the gas. i was going to start it right away, but tomorrow would not be a good day to be farting all over the place. i bought two sets and planned to dose it 3 caps x two servings a day while eating closer to maintenance for more of a recomp. for cramps im taking 4g cee + 4g taurine directly pre workout and plan to bump my water intake to at least 1.5 gallons daily. hopefully that works out with my reduced dosage.

i just noticed it says on the side of the bottle not to go for more than 8 weeks straight, maybe someone could give a bit more info as to why? also, if anyone could review my plan a bit and make suggestions that would be great.

matpal
07-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Since the Lean Support is discontinued, I did not want to spend anymore money getting labels printed, hence the inkjet deals. It's all the same stuff.

TimoteoS
07-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Did the testing already happen? If so, does anyone have a link to any logs? Im interested in it, but it doesnt seem like enough TTA to me. I used up to 3 grams a day with Melting Point and saw pretty good results. How many dose's can you take a day?

P01Shooter
07-05-2006, 03:41 PM
also ty for the warning on the gas. i was going to start it right away, but tomorrow would not be a good day to be farting all over the place. i bought two sets and planned to dose it 3 caps x two servings a day while eating closer to maintenance for more of a recomp. for cramps im taking 4g cee + 4g taurine directly pre workout and plan to bump my water intake to at least 1.5 gallons daily. hopefully that works out with my reduced dosage.

i just noticed it says on the side of the bottle not to go for more than 8 weeks straight, maybe someone could give a bit more info as to why? also, if anyone could review my plan a bit and make suggestions that would be great.

Hey qw3r, I wouldn't worry about the gas too much. I would just be sure that you space the doses as far apart as possible. I take mine at 7, 2, and 9. I really don't think the cee nor taurine is going to help with cramps. Go to Walmart and pick up some potassium since it's dirt cheap. I think 8 weeks is more a "suggestion" since not too many people have run it that long. Fit n Firm (I think that's it) ran melting point for 10 weeks or something without any problems. She does have a log if you want to look for it.

P01Shooter
07-05-2006, 04:05 PM
TimoteoS, I don't think I'd worry about the amount of tta. Burn3d has 2.4 grams and the 3 grams of Melting Point you took also has flax powder meaning you didn't take 3 grams of tta.

As far as logs I did a quick search on here and here's what came up:

Nithos
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=764397&highlight=burn3d

In summary, his basement gym flooded and had a stress fracture in his foot.

bodebldr2000
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=771668&highlight=burn3d

In summary, he was taking the beta and Hyper H. The beta had more forslean and his bowels couldn't handle it so it was cut short.

lilkev42
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=763123&page=2&highlight=burn3d

He finished his and it turned out well for him. 11.2% to 8.9% bf.

Quigs
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=762123&highlight=burn3d

He finished and went from 12% to 9%.

Can anyone notice that I really really don't want to go outside and mow my lawn and cut the bushes? Too stinking hot and humid I tell you.

TimoteoS
07-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Thanks man, I misread the servings and stuff. Hmmn Ill def be checking into this!!

P01Shooter
07-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I think this is a very solid product. TTA content is right up there with melting point. Green tea end ecgc content is the highest I've seen including Lean Green which is 60 servings of 500 mg extract at 50% for ecgc. You get 90 servings with 800 mg's at 50%. Then you are also getting Forslean as well at a level just below the irritable bowel point. If you get the deal with the Lean support you can also chalk up 60 servings of 400 mg hoodia and 20 mg synephrine. Smoking deal when you compare it to any other tta product in my eyes.

user25891
07-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I think this is a very solid product. TTA content is right up there with melting point. Green tea end ecgc content is the highest I've seen including Lean Green which is 60 servings of 500 mg extract at 50% for ecgc. You get 90 servings with 800 mg's at 50%. Then you are also getting Forslean as well at a level just below the irritable bowel point. If you get the deal with the Lean support you can also chalk up 60 servings of 400 mg hoodia and 20 mg synephrine. Smoking deal when you compare it to any other tta product in my eyes.

So its no longer the 90% forslean?

qw3r
07-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Since the Lean Support is discontinued, I did not want to spend anymore money getting labels printed, hence the inkjet deals. It's all the same stuff.

not a problem then. been looking for a nice stim free appetite suppressant and im a bit surprised to have finally found yours but it seems to be a little out of my price range. this package deal though is what got me to give it a try. ive normally held a bias against stim free fat burners (or any fat burner for that matter) ever since iv been through three bottles of sesathin/min and never noticed a thing. maybe im a sesamin non-responder :(

Hey qw3r, I wouldn't worry about the gas too much. I would just be sure that you space the doses as far apart as possible. I take mine at 7, 2, and 9. I really don't think the cee nor taurine is going to help with cramps. Go to Walmart and pick up some potassium since it's dirt cheap. I think 8 weeks is more a "suggestion" since not too many people have run it that long. Fit n Firm (I think that's it) ran melting point for 10 weeks or something without any problems. She does have a log if you want to look for it.

space the servings far, gotcha. i recall reading a few recommendations by the DS guys of cee + taurine to help with cellular hydration which should help with the melting point cramps, so i figured i would give it a try since ive been meaning to anyway. if things go south (which i hear may or may not kick in after 2-3 weeks) ill be sure to pick up some potassium/magnesium local. dosing suggestion?

side of my bottle says coleus foskolii 100mg per serving (standardized to contain 20mg forslean) so that sounds like 20% to me.

matpal
07-06-2006, 07:24 AM

nope.

nithos
07-06-2006, 08:06 AM
Nithos
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=764397&highlight=burn3d

In summary, his basement gym flooded and had a stress fracture in his foot.

Updated summary: Worked OK, but gave me the ****s at the suggested dosages.

Dialing back the forslean should help with that in the production released version.

P01Shooter
07-06-2006, 08:11 AM
That's never fun! Right now I've been constipated for 2 days. Took 6 caps psyllium husk last night. Drinking coffee right now and tempted to go eat some grass. OK, kidding on the grass.... It's amazing what that extra amount of forslean can do.

redz_newbie
07-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Was just looking for burn3d in the cyber store and didnt see it any where. Is it in the cyber store yet? I still have a bottle of thunder I wanted to stack with it. You think that would work good?

HalleluYAH
07-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Was just looking for burn3d in the cyber store and didnt see it any where. Is it in the cyber store yet? I still have a bottle of thunder I wanted to stack with it. You think that would work good?
There would be no counteraction between the two at all IMHO. Should make for a nice overall body recomposition stack.

matpal
07-06-2006, 10:09 AM

If you could also email BB.com and ask them to get it up asap, that would be helpful. :) they act like it's a complicated thing to run a store with 5,000 different products...sheesh!

:D

redz_newbie
07-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Emailed them and this is what I got back:

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not carry that product. If you let us know what that was, we may be able to recommend a good alternative. Please let us know if we can help you further.

Thank You
Clean and Jerk Josh
Bodybuilding.com

P01Shooter
07-06-2006, 01:15 PM
This guy eh?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/employee.php?Name=Josh+Brunner

I just checked their "new product" list and didn't see it but they are carrying supplements for your pet. Seriously, what's going on with bb.com nowadays?

matpal
07-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Emailed them and this is what I got back:

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not carry that product. If you let us know what that was, we may be able to recommend a good alternative. Please let us know if we can help you further.

Thank You
Clean and Jerk Josh
Bodybuilding.com

PM me that full email with his address if you could.

qw3r
07-06-2006, 01:52 PM
im sure its well worth the wait. just a bit of patience and bb.com should have it up shortly. in the mean time, maybe keep working on planning out what else you want to buy? make sure you have your fish oil, protein, multi, stims (if you so desire), anti cramping stuffs, volumizers, etc ready to go.

question: do i really have to be taking this on an empty stomach (30min before meals)? i recall reading in the melting point faq that it was perfectly fine to take with food. is there something about forskolin or gte that absolutely needs an empty stomach for maximum efficiency?

matpal
07-06-2006, 01:57 PM
nope...empty stomach is fine. I've taken it with food, without, before, and after and never noticed anything different.

redz_newbie
07-07-2006, 08:42 AM
PM me that full email with his address if you could.

PM Sent. Let me know when you get it up in the store. I would really like to order it on Monday.

matpal
07-17-2006, 08:06 AM
Would anyone like to post some feedback on how the product is working out?

redz_newbie
07-17-2006, 08:40 AM
I will have a log up soon. I wanted to start my Stack this week but next week I am having my wisdom teeth removed so I didnt know if any of the products I will be taking will mess with the surgery. Do you think I will be ok to take my thunder/lightning/burn3d before or just wait till after?

matpal
07-17-2006, 09:54 AM
I'd wait until after. I cant imagine you'd be too eager to lift after having your teeth yanked out.

P01Shooter
07-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Would anyone like to post some feedback on how the product is working out?

Everythings going pretty well for me. My weight was down quite a bit but my carb load sent me up 5 pounds. :eek: I feel I'm looking leaner and a bit more vascular and plan on new pics next Monday. That 5 pound gain threw me for a loop though.

I need to pick up another bottle to possibly run 2-4 extra weeks but I'm trying to figure where to order from to get the majority of what I need so I'm not ordering one or two things from three different vendors.

matpal
07-17-2006, 01:29 PM
You'll drop that water weight in 2-3 days, easy.

qw3r
07-17-2006, 06:29 PM
half way through my second week so far at 3 doses a day.

few effects:

*feel noticibly warmer. been sleeping with just one blanket recently which is odd for me in the cold, foggy bay area weather.

*bit trouble sleeping. probably due to feeling warmer, but sometimes its just hard initially getting to sleep and keeping it that way. somewhat restless, tossing and turning.

*increased appetite. i swear i never had cravings like this since i started to get into the heathier lifestyle. im not full blown eating garbage like i used to, but its more difficult to stick to my 5 clean meals.

no idea if this is all just in my head and im putting myself through these feelings because i read about them in melting point logs or if it really is the burn3d. btw, no cramps yet! just posting how im feeling at the moment :)

P01Shooter
07-17-2006, 06:40 PM
qw3r, I'm experiencing everything you are except the trouble sleeping. My food cravings are most noticeable but it's nothing extreme. Did you get the Lean Support with the Burn3d? I find that taking that with my morning and afternoon dose helps a lot. Like you cramping hasn't been a problem other than one day where I drank more coffee than water.

matpal
07-18-2006, 05:11 AM
TTA increases cravings in most people. It stinks.

qw3r
07-18-2006, 09:18 PM
completely forgot about the lean support. thats actually a pretty good combo and makes alot of sense after actually noticing the tta increased cravings effect. i have my bottles, but havent tried it out yet.

anyone care to share experience with it?

is it fast acting; as in, do you take it as soon as a craving hits and you are usually fine after maybe 15 minutes or so? is one cap really enough or have you had to take more? do you take lean support more as a precautionary measure to fight the cravings before they hit?

btw, po1 how long have you been on burn3d and did you dose it the standard 3 caps three times a day, until the bottle runs out?

P01Shooter
07-19-2006, 07:12 AM
completely forgot about the lean support. thats actually a pretty good combo and makes alot of sense after actually noticing the tta increased cravings effect. i have my bottles, but havent tried it out yet.

anyone care to share experience with it?

is it fast acting; as in, do you take it as soon as a craving hits and you are usually fine after maybe 15 minutes or so? is one cap really enough or have you had to take more? do you take lean support more as a precautionary measure to fight the cravings before they hit?

btw, po1 how long have you been on burn3d and did you dose it the standard 3 caps three times a day, until the bottle runs out?

I take the Lean Support, one cap, with the first two doses every day and find it helps control my hunger much better. Before I was snacking all the time and now most snacks don't happen.

I've been on Burn3d almost 3 weeks and have been taking 3 caps 3 times a day. When I wake up or after my morning workout it's 3 Burn3d, 1 Lean S, 1 200mg caffeine. My next dose is 7-8 hours later and is the same as the first. My last dose is taken right before bed without the LS or caffeine.