PDA

View Full Version : Body For Life challenge and CARDIO

challenge2006
07-03-2006, 07:30 AM
I am beginning the Body for Life challenge today. I have spent several days preparing for it, planning meals, exercise, etc.

Prior to this I have used the Firm DVD's pretty consistently but never above 8 lbs on weights. This morning, I did the upper body workout with heavy weights (for me!) and parts of it were pretty tough, the thing that I don't like is that I never seem to really break a sweat and my heart rate does not go up. Those are the things that I really enjoy about exercise. I don't belong to a gym, so it's kind of weird working out without the T.V. instructor cheering you on and counting for you, etc., So, after the weights, I thought I would do some cardio, even though that is not part of the plan. I ran on the treadmill for about 20 min.

I have read more success stories than I can count and I notice alot of them show people did a LOT more cardio than the 20 min 3 times a week. So, I guess my question is, should I stick with workout DVD's and running and just follow the diet part of Body for Life, or go 100% on plan? The DVD's and running are obviously not working for me, or I wouldn't be doing Body for Life, but I do think that most of my problem is diet.

I really hope to get some feedback. I'm new here.
Thanks.

twinnett
07-03-2006, 07:36 AM
I did the body for life challenge with much success (I've lost 65 lbs). For your first challenge, I would recommend sticking to the plan of 3 times a week. Make sure that it is VERY high intensity. You should be ready to die and not able to do more after your 20 min. is up. Good luck!!

challenge2006
07-03-2006, 07:46 AM
Wow, 65 lbs! That is so great. Thank you so much. It is nice to know there is a support system here of women that are experienced. I have NEVER lifted weights like this before, so this is pretty new to me.

I am 5'4" and currently 141 lbs and 29.5 % BF.

I really REALLY want to lose some fat. I took my before pictures this morning, but I'm not sure I am brave enough to post them, but hopefully I will see great results from this plan and have the courage to share my pics.

twinnett
07-03-2006, 09:41 AM
You can see my pics at bodyforlife-tracker.com My profile name is musiclvr. I'm sorry I didn't take before pics at my heaviest (185 lbs).

challenge2006
07-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks, for sharing. I didn't even know that site existed! I have already registered and looked at your profile and pics. You look great. You are so thin. I could really see your definition improve in your muscles. Thanks for the motivation!

twinnett
07-04-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm glad to see you're on the right track! I know..I'm too thin now. I'm trying to gain about 10-15 pounds of mostly muscle, along with a little fat. Eating lots of clean food and lifting heavy. Good luck!