PDA

View Full Version : My Diet and Exercise Routine to lose fat.

harkkam
07-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Can somebody give me advice on my routine and exercise and let me know if its good.

My menu is

A bowl of cheerios with 2% milk in the morning
A salad from Mcdonlads when I am at work, I use the lightest dressing, for lunch, with grilled chicken
Maybe a piece of fruit for some snack or a trail mix bar.
For dinner I have indian food, usually rice with lentals or potatoes and greens.

I think that the dinner portion might have too many carbs and I dont really know what to do, since I cant cook my own dinner and I cant ask my mom to learn how to cook anything else. Maybe if I ate less indian food and ate a protein shake before dinner that would create a balance of calories but there would be less carbs involved and more proteins.

My exercise regimen consists of Jogging for 30 minutes to achieve a level of aerobic respirtation.

Its just that my legs start to hurt after 15 minutes and I cant get much out of the jogging if my body cant sustain itself for 30 minutes jogging.

Then I come back and do about 100 situps and about 30 pushups some assisted and some that I lean against something and i drop my body at an angle and push off the item using my body as a weight.

I dont have access to weights or machines, is there anything in my diet that I should change or any type of exercises that I can add.

I'm looking for calesthetic exercises.

Thank you guys

MissVanessa
07-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Can somebody give me advice on my routine and exercise and let me know if its good.

My menu is

A bowl of cheerios with 2% milk in the morning
A salad from Mcdonlads when I am at work, I use the lightest dressing, for lunch, with grilled chicken
Maybe a piece of fruit for some snack or a trail mix bar.
For dinner I have indian food, usually rice with lentals or potatoes and greens.

I think that the dinner portion might have too many carbs and I dont really know what to do, since I cant cook my own dinner and I cant ask my mom to learn how to cook anything else. Maybe if I ate less indian food and ate a protein shake before dinner that would create a balance of calories but there would be less carbs involved and more proteins.

My exercise regimen consists of Jogging for 30 minutes to achieve a level of aerobic respirtation.

Its just that my legs start to hurt after 15 minutes and I cant get much out of the jogging if my body cant sustain itself for 30 minutes jogging.

Then I come back and do about 100 situps and about 30 pushups some assisted and some that I lean against something and i drop my body at an angle and push off the item using my body as a weight.

I dont have access to weights or machines, is there anything in my diet that I should change or any type of exercises that I can add.

I'm looking for calesthetic exercises.

Thank you guys

You need to learn the basics of a proper diet. This diet has several problems. Start with the stickies.

But here are some areas that need improvelment:

Cheerios is not a good source of carbs for cutting. Slow cooking oatmeal is better. You need more protein at breakfast. Try a protein shake with milk and fruit or some egg whites with one or two yolks and fruit or oatmeal.

If you MUST eat fast food salads, make sure there is no cheese or bacon bits on it, and eat it without the dressing, which is high in sugar.

You need protein at EVERY meal. A piece of fruit should not be eaten alone. And a trail mix bar will be very high in fat and sugar.

Indian food can be fine. Ask your mom to put meat in it, and then only eat the meat and veggies (as long as the veggies don't have fat-based sauces on them). You can also eat a small amount of potato for your carbs.

You would do well to take the time to educate yourself on nutrition, so take the time to read the stickies.

As for your workout, do not forget to do squats and lunges.

VanessaNicole

harkkam
07-03-2006, 07:58 PM
I know about nutrition but here are the reasons I picked this Diet.

In the morning I dont have any time to cook anything or make anything, so oatmeal or eggs. I think I could eat the healthier cereal like K brand or something with whole weat.

As for salads, yes I pick the lightest dressing with 40 calories in it. No there no bacon bits in it.

As for dinner I can eat more meat, but we rarely make meat since I am living with my aunt for a month.

Other than a shake or bar how else can I get protein. Maybe during the day I can get some more protein by eating chicken strips from Mcdonalds. I really cant cook or ask people to cook things for me.

What should I do?

Dave P
07-03-2006, 08:18 PM
You're 28 dude...

In the morning I dont have any time to cook anything or make anything

I really cant cook or ask people to cook things for me.

I cant cook my own dinner and I cant ask my mom to learn how to cook anything else

God damn thats alot of excuses. You have the time/money to get your ass some chicken strips at Mcdonalds but dont have it in you to put the effort forth to change your diet? Time to man up and start taking responsibility for the simpler things in life...like making your own food. Until you start taking it seriously and drop the "I am unwilling to change my ****ty lifestyle" attitude then its all pointless.

This isnt a flame, I just dont understand why people ask for help and in the same breath say they cant change what they are doing.

"Hi my names Dave and I have this quarter stuck up my nose...its making it hard to breath"
"So why dont you get it taken out?"
"I cant do that"

harkkam
07-04-2006, 09:19 AM
I dont know why but the age is wrong. I am 20 yrs old not 28.

Plus Im not making excuses about my situation Im just describing it.

I was wondering if low-carb high protein diets work?