PDA

View Full Version : I need some help, PLEASE!

CardioFlava
07-02-2006, 09:25 PM
Hello! I am 29, 5'5 170lbs female. For the past 3 months I have been trying to get my body into shape for an upcoming vacation (with the intention of continuing on my fitness quest during and after the vacation). The problem is, is I have not been able to lose any weight and/ fat. It seems that I would lose a few pounds but somehow they creep back up on me. My diet is fairly clean and I exercise quite regularly (7 days a week of cardio 60-90 minutes a day, and weight train 3-4 times a week). I don't think that my problem is with the exercising, I think it might be the diet. Here is my typical day:

4 am: 1 Lipodrene (fat burner) and 1 Pyruvate
Elliptical x 60 minutes (mod to high intensity)
5:30 am Meal 1: Soy Protein Shake and a cup of coffee w/ 2 tsp creamer and sweet and low
8:30 am Meal 2: 1 pkg Weight Control oatmeal, multi vitamin, fiber supplement, and 1 green tea extract
12 pm Meal 3: Albacore Tuna Steak and 1 cup broc****, 1 Lipodrene (fat burner) and 1 Pyruvate
3 pm Meal 4: Protein Shake
6 pm Meal 5: 1 Chicken Breast and 1 cup green beans
7 pm: Weight training (upper or lower) or 30 minutes cardio (low to mod intensity)
8 pm Meal 6: Smart Pop mini bag (low fat, high fiber popcorn) or no snack
Total Water per day: 1 gallon

Does anyone have any advice as to what I am doing wrong here?

Thank you!

OldEnuf2BYoMama
07-02-2006, 10:01 PM
you are correct...your diet is the problem.

diet pills, coffee and popcorn? C'mon, girl! You are starving yourself and overtraining....I'm new here, but I'm SURE there are many good diets posted on this board if you do a search.......good luck to you! Where is the vacation?

fuzzyfozzie
07-02-2006, 10:14 PM

diet pills, coffee and popcorn? C'mon, girl! You are starving yourself and overtraining....I'm new here, but I'm SURE there are many good diets posted on this board if you do a search.......good luck to you! Where is the vacation?
diet pills? the fat burner isn't bad, however instead of starting off with one in the morning i would drop it and instead pick up some bcaa's(xtend) and sip on those during your cardio. Drop the soy protein for whey isolate instead. Drop the popcorn--it's absolute crap. Take meal 5 and have that after your workout instead of before.

*supermomma*
07-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Hello! I am 29, 5'5 170lbs female. For the past 3 months I have been trying to get my body into shape for an upcoming vacation (with the intention of continuing on my fitness quest during and after the vacation). The problem is, is I have not been able to lose any weight and/ fat. It seems that I would lose a few pounds but somehow they creep back up on me. My diet is fairly clean and I exercise quite regularly (7 days a week of cardio 60-90 minutes a day, and weight train 3-4 times a week). I don't think that my problem is with the exercising, I think it might be the diet. Here is my typical day:

4 am: 1 Lipodrene (fat burner) and 1 Pyruvate
Elliptical x 60 minutes (mod to high intensity)
5:30 am Meal 1: Soy Protein Shake and a cup of coffee w/ 2 tsp creamer and sweet and low
8:30 am Meal 2: 1 pkg Weight Control oatmeal, multi vitamin, fiber supplement, and 1 green tea extract
12 pm Meal 3: Albacore Tuna Steak and 1 cup broc****, 1 Lipodrene (fat burner) and 1 Pyruvate
3 pm Meal 4: Protein Shake
6 pm Meal 5: 1 Chicken Breast and 1 cup green beans
7 pm: Weight training (upper or lower) or 30 minutes cardio (low to mod intensity)
8 pm Meal 6: Smart Pop mini bag (low fat, high fiber popcorn) or no snack
Total Water per day: 1 gallon

Does anyone have any advice as to what I am doing wrong here?

Thank you!

At a glance, you need to cut out the soy protein shake (it's crap), the creamer in your coffee, the "weight control" oatmeal, at least half of those "fat burner" products, the popcorn, and at least half of your cardio--probably more.

You need to have a lean protein source, and then either complex carbs/fobrous veggies/essential fatty acids or some combination thereof at each meal. You aren't eating nearly enough, and you are way overtraining.

I would lift 3-4 days a week, either a full body routine (for instance, today I do squats, bench presses, and barbell rows all 5x5, along with 3x8 weighted situps and 2x6-8 weighted hyperextensions, and no cardio) or an upper/lower split (2 days upper, 2 days lower--like upper, lower, day off, upper, lower). You need to cut way back on the cardio. Your body needs at least one day a week completely off, which means 7 days of cardio is overtraining. You can do 3 or 4 cardio sessions per week--maybe 2 ss cardio session and 2 HIIT, or something like this. And not for 60-90 minutes--I wouldn't do more than 45 minutes, tops, with ss, and your HIIT shouldn't exceed 12-15 minutes, excluding warm-up and cool-down time.

You've probably slowed your metabolism way down with this diet and exercise program. Add like 200 cals per day for a week, then 200 more per day the next week, until you reach approximately 12 times your bodyweight. You need about 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, and .4 grams of healthy fats per pound. The rest can be complex carbs and veggies.

Lift heavy, do cardio as needed, not so much, and clean up your diet, and you will be fine.

*supermomma*
07-03-2006, 07:38 AM
diet pills? the fat burner isn't bad, however instead of starting off with one in the morning i would drop it and instead pick up some bcaa's(xtend) and sip on those during your cardio. Drop the soy protein for whey isolate instead. Drop the popcorn--it's absolute crap. Take meal 5 and have that after your workout instead of before.

There is some evidence that whey concentrate may be more beneficial than whey isolate. Although, either is better than soy. Also, don't rule out micellar casein shakes :).

Valeria
07-04-2006, 07:33 AM

Good advice! I have pulled my food plan from this board, as well as my work out. The old body is responding quite well because of it.

I turn 47 in December, so you are not alone in being "elderly". Nice to meet you!

Valeria