PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help!

kknecht1
07-02-2006, 06:37 PM
Im about 5' 11''
19 yrs. Male
around 155Lbs
My tanita scale gives a reading of about 5-6.5% BF

Im wanting to start a clean bulk, and not sure how many calories i need to consume.

I really need some advice on how to set up my meals. I workout in the mornings around 7:00am to about 8:00am.

PREWORKOUT: 1/2 cup oats W/1 banana mixed in and usually a few strawberries and blueberries.
1 scoop ON whey/mixed in about a cup of skim milk(also mixed with CEE, 5g Glutamin, 5g BCAA)

POSTWORKOUT 8:30-9:00 :-(as soon as i get home from gym) take 1scoop whey with 1tbsp honey(also 2.5g CEE, 5g Glutamin, 5g BCAA)
1 serving of Cream of Wheat W/ banana mixed in

Meal 1 Lunch around 12:00
1 cup wild/brown rice blend
1 chicken breast
around a cup steamed veggies(Brussels sprouts,Broccoli,Cauliflower, Carrots)

Meal 2 snack around 3:00
1 cup ff cottage cheese mixed w/ blueberries or strawberries
a few walnuts

Meal 3 Dinner around 5:00 or 6:00
1 sweet potato
4 0z lean beef
around a cup steamed veggies(Brussels sprouts,Broccoli,Cauliflower,)

Meal 4 bedtime snack around 8:30 or 9:00
1 cup ff cottage cheese
1 tbsp of either nat.P-butter or Almond Butter

this is some what a typical day. Can someone please Critque this diet.-thanks

alexclark
07-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Thats a pretty low bf percentage...Im glad your choosing to bulk up. If you had been recently cutting your going to need to bump up your calories gradually. This will allow your body to adjust to how much food your eating, rather than immediately adding an extra thousand calories. I would also use fitday.com which is a free tool to count your daily calorie intake and calories burned. Seek to get 500 calories higher than youre burning to allow your body to add mass. Right now your very lean and probably have great definition at only 6% bf. When you bulk up, dont be afraid when you lose some of this definition as you will add fat along with the muscle. Its ok though cause then you can cut again.

Also I dont see any fish or fish oils. If you really hate eating fish, atleast add some fish caps with breakfast and dinner. Also some healthy fats wouldnt hurt, like flaxseed oil, more nuts, and avocado. Other than that things look good, happy bulking!