PDA

View Full Version : Do you HAVE to go on Fat Loss if you haven't reached your current Goal for bulking?

WittyManOfStyle
06-30-2006, 08:13 PM
If you've been bulking for a little near 20 or so weeks, but you still haven't reach your goal, can you still continue to bulk UNTIL you reach your goal....then start cutting? Someone told me that I would have to cut up for 6-12 weeks, then start back bulking, or I'll never reach my goal (which is 200 LBM) I don't think this is true however, because I've always heard that if a semi-hardgainer (like myself) or anyone for that matter, hasn't reached his goal yet, then he should continue to bulk until he finally reaches his goal.

Here's just a small sample of what half my program looks like

Weeks 1-6 Heavy slow negatives
Weeks 7-9 Light fast tempo
Weeks 10-12 Heavy slow negatives
Weeks 13-14 Off
Weeks 15-17 Heavy slow negatives
Weeks 18-19 Light fast tempo
Weeks 20-26 Heavy slow negatives
Weeks 27-28 Off

I've gained about 21 Lbs of LBM so far, shouldn't I continue? I honestly don't see how continuing to bulk will not allow me gain anymore LBM. Any help is appreciated!

stealth_swimmer
06-30-2006, 08:18 PM
The reason they say to do that is because once results slow down you get diminishing returns and it's most wise to change your routine. Cutting and lifting a little lighter would give your body a rest from the stress of the heavy weights. If you like, you could just try taking a 2 or 3 week break from the gym and then try buling again. That way your body rests and you'll hit the gym like a roaring lion.

WittyManOfStyle
06-30-2006, 09:26 PM
The reason they say to do that is because once results slow down you get diminishing returns and it's most wise to change your routine. Cutting and lifting a little lighter would give your body a rest from the stress of the heavy weights. If you like, you could just try taking a 2 or 3 week break from the gym and then try buling again. That way your body rests and you'll hit the gym like a roaring lion.

"Diminishing returns"? What do you mean by that?

Also...I thought about doing cardio ONLY during the light lifting cycles and the 2 week breaks on my program, like for instance....

Monday, Wednesday, Friday are all lift days.

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, cardio days. Early morning, moderate pace 45 minutes on stationary bike as soon as I wake up, followed by my usual high protein meal. Would this do the trick? I'm only afraid that I'll loose possible muscle mass.