PDA

View Full Version : Used to be fat...now much smaller....now what????

ShadyRensch
06-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Hello everybody. Shady's back, back again with another post asking for some help, go figure haha.

Anyways, I lost a TON of weight the last 2 1/2 years, going from 285 to 190 or so now. I started doing weight watchers Sr. year High school and that worked for quite a while. Then I got into this site, and since the beginning of this year I started to cut. Well, I kind of did it wrong and lost some of the muscle I had built up.

Now I'm a lot smaller, and pretty skinny, I could see my abs off and on the past month, but I've been going back and forth trying to decide whether to keep cutting, or bulk. I was trying to get down to single digits bodyfat, and I was getting close, but I realized that I wouldn't have enough muscle underneath to even show off once I did.

Here's the big thing....I'm scared out of my mind to put on weight of any kind, and I want to make sure I do this right. I was cutting at 2300 cals. I am not looking to get huge by any means, I just want to put on enough muscle that when I cut after I will look good.

What do you guys think would be the best approach to doing this by not putting on much fat? I actually like running so I am willing to do that quite a bit to help. I'm also looking for a good workout that will hit my back, chest, and biceps well. My tris and shoulders are my strongpoint, and I will work my legs some, but I dont want huge legs either.

Suggestions?

dbx
06-30-2006, 12:43 PM
Here's the big thing....I'm scared out of my mind to put on weight of any kind, and I want to make sure I do this right. I was cutting at 2300 cals. I am not looking to get huge by any means, I just want to put on enough muscle that when I cut after I will look good.

What do you guys think would be the best approach to doing this by not putting on much fat? I actually like running so I am willing to do that quite a bit to help. I'm also looking for a good workout that will hit my back, chest, and biceps well. My tris and shoulders are my strongpoint, and I will work my legs some, but I dont want huge legs either.

Suggestions?

Shady, congrats on the big life change & weight loss! That's excellent.

I would try adding 250 cals per day to your caloric intake. Theoretically, this will allow you to add approx 1lb per week. I believe this should be slow enough, yet effective enough for you to grow without freaking out about weight gain too. For exercises, you need to concentrate on compound lifting, as this will help you overall body to grow. This includes: Bench, MP, squats, dead lifts. Throw in various types of rows too. Don't worry about getting huge legs, as that takes a lot of time anyway. Squats and deads help your upper body grow as well. Many people underestimate this.

Give it a shot and let us know how it's working out. Good luck.