PDA

View Full Version : In Serious Need of Help/Encouragement

Gibson Girl
06-30-2006, 10:16 AM
One of my greatest desires is to compete in a Female Natural Bodybuilding Competition. On September 9, 2006, I plan to enter my first competition in the local area. To this date I have lost 43 pounds. On December 05, I weighed 182 lbs, 40.7% body fat today I weigh 139.5 and 16.4% body fat. I am excited about the weigh lost accomplishment; however, I have I hit a plateau and just need to know how to break it. I have not lost any weight in 3 weeks. I would like to get down to 130 or 125 lbs and look my best for the competition. I see the cuts in my upper body good; but I still have a stomach, my legs look like cottage cheese, I am not going to mention my butt. I have train heavy with my legs for the last 2 weeks and still do not see a difference. I need to mention I do not have a trainer (can not afford one now) or a workout partner. I had a partner but she is not committed enough. Here today gone for 2 to 3 days and back for 2 days and so on. I am at the point I want to say “Gee you did good losing the weight, just call it quits and not compete”.

Here are the supplements I am taking:
Lipo 6, L-Carnitine, Flexseed Oil, B-12, Chromium, children Bayer aspirin, mulit-vitamin, Whey protein shake

Meals:
Meal One – 3 boil egg whites & 1 whole egg with 1 cup cooked oatmeal
Meal Two – Whey Protein Shake (I scoop to 8 oz. Water)
Meal Three – 6 oz. grill Chicken breast 1-cup green beans or salad
Meal Four – 6 oz. Tilapia with 4 oz. Sweet potato
Meal Five - 6 oz. Chicken breast 1-cup green beans

Cardio twice a day on 15 incline at 4.5 speed for 50 minutes. 6-days split weight training

I am open for criticism/advice ANYTHING at this point.

Luvdogs
06-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Hi GG,

Congratulations on your weight loss, I know how hard it is. I lost 39 lbs. last year and have been training heavy since March.

What does your leg training look like? Also, It doesn't seem like your getting enough vegtables, healthy fats, or calories to fuel all you do. Your body will hang onto to fat if you don't get enough and I speak from experience on that! Do you track your intake in FitDay or something similar. It really gives a great breakdown of everything you eat. www.fitday.com There is a free online version and a paid PC version, which I have and think is worth it.

How tall are you?

I think you are over-doing the cardio. That could be why your legs won't respond to training with cardio twice a day and weight training. I made my best progress for fat loss and muscle gain by cutting to 3 days of cardio for 30-40 min. I usually do 1 HIIT and 2 HI SS (High Intensity, Steady State) and lifting in the 6-8 rep range.

Gibson Girl
07-01-2006, 04:44 AM
Thanks PorscheGal, I am 5'2.
I heard about fitday.com one day last week as I was searching on bb.com and start tracking my intake. I purchase the book called, "Body Sculpting Bible for Women", and trying to understand in the right in take for my height and weight. I will take some pictures and post them later. While reading bb.com I think I am doing way too much cardio at too high speed. So I am going to take things down a bit next week.

mommy*2*3
07-01-2006, 05:11 AM
You may want to start tweaking your diet at this point. First, let me say that plateaus are common and it is possible that next week you will see a weight drop after 4 weeks of nothing. I would recommend a change at this point. You may want to incorporate 2 days of 0 carbs or very low carbs per week. These should be 2 days in a row. On those days take out the oatmeal and the sweet potato. You may want to consider taking out the fibrous veggies on those days as well and replace them with mixed greens and a drizzle of dressing. For meal one increase your protein a bit by adding a couple more egg whites and for meal two...add another scoop of whey. You need more protein to spare muscle loss, especially on 0 carb days. After two days of this then resume to your regular precontest diet.

I can't tell you to cut your cardio because some people do need 2 hrs of cardio to prep for a contest and others just need 40 mins or less....this really depends on the person. You can try and see what happens but try tweaking your diet too.

Gibson Girl
07-05-2006, 07:22 AM
Thanks everyone for the advices.

I am proud to annouce that when I got on the scale this morning I lost a pound. It seems like things are starting to fall into place. I know still have 9 weeks and let me tell you the knees are starting to shake.

Roxana01
07-06-2006, 01:58 PM
All this hard work and discipline will definitely pay off come Sept 9! :) Which competition are you entering? Are you working with a trainer or a nutritionist for your contest prep? It is so important to have your diet all worked out, especially during 'Peak" week or the last week before the show. If you are not working with someone in particular and are in need of tips or prep help, let me know. I am myself a competitor and Personal Trainer/Nutritionist and would be glad to help you out! www.roxanakreklo.com Train hard, stay focused and you will amaze yourself! Take care!!

IBBAdmin
07-07-2006, 03:22 AM
You may want to start tweaking your diet at this point. First, let me say that plateaus are common and it is possible that next week you will see a weight drop after 4 weeks of nothing. I would recommend a change at this point. You may want to incorporate 2 days of 0 carbs or very low carbs per week. These should be 2 days in a row. On those days take out the oatmeal and the sweet potato. You may want to consider taking out the fibrous veggies on those days as well and replace them with mixed greens and a drizzle of dressing. For meal one increase your protein a bit by adding a couple more egg whites and for meal two...add another scoop of whey. You need more protein to spare muscle loss, especially on 0 carb days. After two days of this then resume to your regular precontest diet.

I can't tell you to cut your cardio because some people do need 2 hrs of cardio to prep for a contest and others just need 40 mins or less....this really depends on the person. You can try and see what happens but try tweaking your diet too.

That is great advice Mommy,,,,

Gibson Girl
07-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Need serious critiques. My competition is 9 Sept 06

Here is my current diet: (This is a change from my last diet and I lost 2.5 pounds this week on it). I think on my last diet I starving myself) :))

0600 - Whey protein shake (after morning cardio)
0800 - 3 egg white and 1 egg & 1 cooked oatmeal
1000 - 6 oz. chicken breast & 1 cup green beans
1230 - 6 oz. chicken breast & 1 cup green beans or salad
1500 - 6 oz. Talipia and 4 oz. sweet potato
1700 - Workout
1800 - Whey protein shake (right after weight training before cardio)
2030 - 6 oz. chicken breast & 1 cup green beans

All this hard work and discipline will definitely pay off come Sept 9! :) Which competition are you entering? Are you working with a trainer or a nutritionist for your contest prep? It is so important to have your diet all worked out, especially during 'Peak" week or the last week before the show. If you are not working with someone in particular and are in need of tips or prep help, let me know. I am myself a competitor and Personal Trainer/Nutritionist and would be glad to help you out! www.roxanakreklo.com Train hard, stay focused and you will amaze yourself! Take care!!