PDA

View Full Version : Is this diet ok for me?

vapotrini
06-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey all, first I just want to say that if this thread is in the wrong place then I apologize.

I want to know what you guys think of my diet.

I'm in my early 30's and never really been strict with diets (never really had to be), that said, I know very little about what is best. I'm an extremely picky eater hence all the repetitive meals listed below. I've been working out off and on for around 3 years. I'm 5'9, 180 lbs. Very solid base... I want to lose about 10 lbs. With that accomplished, I'd be able to see my ab's.

Anyway, what do you guys think about this diet while mildly trying to cut?

Meal 1: Breakfast - 3 eggs (2 egg whites), 1 whole wheat toast.
Meal 2: 1 Large Chicken Breast, 1 cup brown rice.
Meal 3: Same as meal 2 with 1 banana.
Workout & 30 mins cardio.
Meal 4: 1 Large Chicken Breast, 1 cup Spaghetti, half tin sweet corn.
Meal 5: 1 Can Tuna.

I'll be incorporating protein shakes soon. Just want to make sure I'm eating properly first.

Where can I improve guys?

bulkin_ up
06-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Hey all, first I just want to say that if this thread is in the wrong place then I apologize.

I want to know what you guys think of my diet.

I'm in my early 30's and never really been strict with diets (never really had to be), that said, I know very little about what is best. I'm an extremely picky eater hence all the repetitive meals listed below. I've been working out off and on for around 3 years. I'm 5'9, 180 lbs. Very solid base... I want to lose about 10 lbs. With that accomplished, I'd be able to see my ab's.

Anyway, what do you guys think about this diet while mildly trying to cut?

Meal 1: Breakfast - 3 eggs (2 egg whites), 1 whole wheat toast.
Meal 2: 1 Large Chicken Breast, 1 cup brown rice.
Meal 3: Same as meal 2 with 1 banana.
Workout & 30 mins cardio.
Meal 4: 1 Large Chicken Breast, 1 cup Spaghetti, half tin sweet corn.
Meal 5: 1 Can Tuna.

I'll be incorporating protein shakes soon. Just want to make sure I'm eating properly first.

Where can I improve guys?

With meal one, id shoot for more protein since your cutting. you want to make sure your protein is high enough so you dont sacrafice much muscle.
meal 2 seems pretty good, and i hope that one cup of rice is measured in cooked form, otherwise that might be a little too many carbs for one meal on a cut. meal 3, id leave the banana for postworkout rather than in meal 3.
meal 4 looks ok, but i wouldnt use the sweet corn since im totally against sugars on a cut (even postworkout), and a better option for the spaghetti would be rice or potatos in my opinion. meal 5 tuna before bed is good becuz it will digest slow, however, id also add a cup of brocolli with that. hope this helps.

vapotrini
06-29-2006, 11:20 PM
Ahhh, k. Thanks so much for the advice. Will implement your ideas for sure.

Thanks again.

bulkin_ up
06-30-2006, 02:29 AM
Ahhh, k. Thanks so much for the advice. Will implement your ideas for sure.

Thanks again.

no prob....thats why were all here.

good luck