PDA

View Full Version : exercise question...

Lisa_Marie
06-29-2006, 11:11 AM
hello everyone.
i never really enjoy working out my back. i never know whether i'm doing the exercises correctly. i makesure i do my home work on the exercises and i watch examples carefully but i never really "feel" like i've worked my back. i feel it in my arms and my legs if i'm deadlifting,bit never the back. is there a certain way to do them? am i missing something? is there something i have to do while exercuting the exercises? i have trouble with bent rows, up right rows, all rowing exercises... i don't have any access to a gym so i workout at home and i don't know any trainers or anybody to ask...
thank you for your help...

J.Bo
06-29-2006, 12:23 PM
hello everyone.
i never really enjoy working out my back. i never know whether i'm doing the exercises correctly. i makesure i do my home work on the exercises and i watch examples carefully but i never really "feel" like i've worked my back. i feel it in my arms and my legs if i'm deadlifting,bit never the back. is there a certain way to do them? am i missing something? is there something i have to do while exercuting the exercises? i have trouble with bent rows, up right rows, all rowing exercises... i don't have any access to a gym so i workout at home and i don't know any trainers or anybody to ask...
thank you for your help...
Hi Lisa this is totally understandable. The back seems to be one of the hardest muscles to feel when you're working it. For starters I think I had the same problem when I 1st started lifting this is partly because your back is weak so all those secondary muscles you're working like in your arm are making up for it. So as you continue to do these you will notice your form and strength will improve over time. Just try to focus as you're doing them for example on seated cable rows when you're about to pull the weight come up to an upright position (don't lean back much) keep your back flat and straight up as you pull think about pulling w/ your back not arms. And pull it into your mid section and throw your chest out as you do this and squeeze. You can pretty much do this w/ any movement just focus your mind on using the back muscles to pull or lift the weight. Though like I said alot of this just comes w/ time trust me you'll see. Just keep at it