PDA

View Full Version : loss of endurance

mnways
06-28-2006, 08:26 PM
I will be goin away and have minimal to no access to weights.. i will try my best to do body weight work.. and cardio but im going to a hottttt climate were it will be hard to do my runs. I am gone for 2 weeks, how much endurnace/ muscle is it possible to loose in 2 weeks??? Im kinndda scared all my hard work is going to go down the drain.

imperfectly_lou
06-28-2006, 08:53 PM
It won't....

I just started training again this week after nearly 4 weeks of very little training due to gastro and a shoulder and pec injury. I've lost a little muscle but that is mainly due to my diet falling by the wayside (I couldn't eat much when I had gastro)... so my advice is keep your diet in check and you'll be fine!

WillDeadliftForFood
06-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Try running in the early morning if you can. Temp should be lowest around that time.

RazzyDaz
06-29-2006, 05:28 AM
If I were you, I would run early as possible. If you can get out there and run before the sun rises, you will feel much better. Also, be sure to drink LOTS of water & electrolytes, since you are not used to the warmer climate.

I used to be a long distance runner, living in the south and I can't tell you how many runs I ran before 7:30 am. The goal is to run before the humidity rises here in the south. Not really sure if you have to worry about the humidity or if its just flat hot.

As far as endurance, you are better off running slower, allowing yourself to run farther, than running fast and having to stop.

Good Luck and if you have any more question, feel free to ask!

samypboy
06-29-2006, 11:39 PM
My advice would be to keep your protein intake up. Even though you won't be doing any weight traing have a shake for breakfast before and after run and when you go to bed. This will stop your muscles from catabilising.
Also besides the shakes eat lots of high protein foods.

See this as a challange rather than a problem and you will be fine!

mnways
06-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the replys I feel alot calmer now.. Although im going to Mexico so keeping my diet in tack in going to be a challange. Other than the drinking I think i will do ok. So i should still do my protien shakes even with no weight training going on? Do you think long walks could make up instead of runs? I dont feel comfortable running alone in mexico/ my friends are lazy no way they would come for one with me lol im sure i can get them to walk though.