PDA

View Full Version : training question

okohme
06-28-2006, 06:50 PM
so right now I don't really have much in the way of equiptment so I am really limited. FOr example I have currently only about 45bls in plates for my hand free weights... so for, example, calf raises I do liek 25reps, 3 sets...
I knwo this is not how I am supposed to, but am I wasting my time to do anyhting at all when im using enough weight?

DeathToYou
07-08-2006, 01:28 AM
man thats hard. if you dont feel like investing in a gym why dont you go to a sports store and pick up some adjustable dumbells.

mommy*2*3
07-08-2006, 05:08 AM
I wouldn't call it a "waste of time". You're still working your muscles and working different fiber types at high reps. I would definately agree with the other post. In order to make better progress you need to make a small investment in an adjustable bench hopefully with a leg extension so you can do leg curls and leg extensions. You also need a barbell. This is all dependent on your goals however. With lighter weights you can still challange your muscles by supersetting exercises, keeping your rests betweeen sets down. Also, try negatives and super slow reps focusing on strict form.