PDA

View Full Version : lifestyle changes

okohme
06-28-2006, 05:51 PM
According to what i have been reading, i need to, at least increase my proein intake by quite a bit and probably increase how much I eat overall if I am wanting to put on muscle.
Uh... how exactly do I increase my eating by a large ammount?
I mean im not really all that hungry most of the time, and since i have been working out my apitite has decreased. I guess my body is becoming more effcient or something. Any thoughts?

twinnett
06-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Most likely, your metabolism has been lowered. Could you list a typical day of eating and activity? how often do you eat? How much? What types of fats/

okohme
06-28-2006, 06:46 PM
uhhh... breakfast..
2 pieces of whole wheat toast, peanut butter
about 1 1/2 cups of skim milk

Salad, leafy greans, beans, crasins, carrots, olives
about 3 cups of mixed salad fixins
bac-O bits
Cheese
Hard boiled egg
Sunflower seads

and that's usually it.. maybe another small salad or a peice of peanutbutter toast..
if I work out, I do a protein shake afterwards.
That's usually about it.

Most of myfats are from dairy or nuts..
given my track record, I assume that that is probably bad..

twinnett
06-28-2006, 07:09 PM
That's all you are eating? Please check out the journal section for examples of typical clean eating plans. You need to be eating 5-6 meals a day, spaced around 3 hours apart to keep your metabolism going. Eat good carbs, like oats, whole wheat bread, sweet potatoes, and brown rice. Good protein: chicken, turkey, egg whites, protein powder, salmon, tuna, cottage cheese. Good fats: natural peanut butter, fish oils, flax seed, almonds, olive oil. You should check out this website for further info: terracotta2.googlepages.com She has great nutrition and work out information. Also, checkout hussmanfitness.com and you can figure out how many calories you should be eating every day. If you want to put on muscle mass, you have to start eating more!

mommy*2*3
06-29-2006, 03:51 AM
You're going to have to increase your calories slowly and any drastic change can cause fat gain. I suggest increasing by a 100-200 cals a day per week max until you reach your desired cal amount. However, because you only eat twice per day you are going to have to monitor yourself closely because your metabolism has slowed down I'm sure...but it can be fixed...don't worry ;)

Ok, so start with a good breakfast and make sure you have a source of protein with every meal. First focus on 4 meals a day and once you're OK with that you can increase it to 5. Your meals don't have to be huge but make them quality foods. Quality foods will take you a lot further than quantity. Focus on complete proteins coming from lean meats and dairy, and some grains like ezekiel products...you can certainly add a protein shake into your day, and if you have a REALLY hard time getting a meal down, have another protein shake but don't make it a habit and try to eat solid foods.