PDA

View Full Version : Newbie alert!

okohme
06-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Okay, here's the question, if I am not sore in 24-48 hrs or after workout, did I not do enough?

It has been said I should only do weight training for the one area once a week.
What happenes if I do it more frequently?
Is there any greater benefit to breaking things up into different days, lower body on one day, upper body on another, as opposed to doing it all at once?

imperfectly_lou
06-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Definitely.... in fact, a lot of us do full body workouts because they are more "functional". I have had much better results with full body or push/pull splits than splitting up body parts. You need to play around with different things and see what works best for you.

Re soreness - DOMS is not necessarily indicative of muscle growth. You should be pushing yourself to technical muscle failure and use that as your gauge for whether you "did enough" rather than soreness.

okohme
06-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Okay, thanks.

msfitnetz
06-29-2006, 03:19 PM
I agree with Lou. Sometimes I know I worked my BUTT off but I am not sore. Other times I do a short workout that I feel was inefefctive and I can barely move the next day! Usually just a newe move or way i hit that particular muscle and how it gets effective. Mentally though is best to get that feeling! of accomplishment DOMS not always necessary!

vegas439
06-29-2006, 10:26 PM
I am personally a hitter as welol new to the chats. I work out evry 4-7 days with a split on top of that. My workouts are often only 15-25 minutes. I feel that length of workout or soreness is not the judge of a good workout, but the intensity used during, and the fact that each workout shows an improvement, either in weight used or reps achieved.