PDA

View Full Version : Critiques for my supplements

deedlit
06-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Ok, all you ladies are an inspiration. The journals are amazing; maybe one of these days I値l have the courage to start a journal of my own ?.

First thing first, I would appreciate your opinion on the supplements that I have and thinking about getting. Is there anything else that you would add or take off and why?

My goals are to lower my body fat % to around 15% (I知 currently at 19%). I appreciate all your suggestions.

What I have:

1) BCAAs (during workout/post workout) I sip it during my workouts
2) Whey protein Isolate (I don稚 take this on a daily basis, only when my protein intake for the day is low, I try to get protein from natural food sources as much as possible (love food too much :D)
3) Sesamin
4) Fish oil
5) Flax oil
6) Once a day woman痴 multivitamin with extra calcium
7) Lean green
8) Vitamin E

Supplements I知 thinking about adding

1) lipidFX
2) Melting Point
3) A thermogenics (any suggestions?)

My workout routine ( I have posted this somewhere else, sorry if you are reading this part again):

Mondays
AM: Weight training for about 60 minutes(Chest, biceps, abs)
PM: Spinning (45 minutes)

Tuesdays
AM: Weight training for about 45 minutes (Back, shoulders, triceps)
After the weights I hit Spinning for 45 minutes

Wednesdays
AM: Full body weight training for 50 minutes (with a trainer)
PM: Spinning (45 minutes)

Thursdays
AM: off
PM: Spinning

Fridays
AM: Full body weight training for 50 minutes (with a trainer)
followed by low intensity cardio (elliptical, treadmill or treadclimber)

Saturdays
AM: Weight training for about 40 minutes (Mainly abs and other weak muscles of my body)
Followed by spinning (usually for more than 60 minutes)

Sundays
Weight training for 60 minutes (Legs, glutes, Abs)

My stats: 5'1" 102 lbs

Thank you! :)

arose70
06-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi deedlit :)

I am doing a Melting Point/sesamin log right now and so far I am really liking the MP!

I'd go with MP over lipidfx as the MP has more TTA which is the fat oxidizing agent than the lipidfx. I'd also take a magnesium and potassium supp with this and start on a low dose and work your way up.

Also, if you are looking for a thermo you can check out Basic Cuts which is by Designer Supplements who also make the MP. That is supposed to be a great stack although I've never tried the Basic Cuts. It is a thermo but not as strong as a few others if you are prone to jitters.

I'd also suggest you cut thursday spin class-you need at least one day to recover and spin is pretty demanding. Hmmm, and maybe you'd want to have sunday as a "fun" cardio day instead of demanding weights. It looks like you are doing a LOT during the week.

I'd also take out two other days of spin and replace with other cardio such as running/elliptical because it is weight-bearing. Spin is not weight bearing. (I learned this from Powells ;)).

What does your diet look like?

deedlit
06-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Hi arose!

Thank you so much for the suggestions. Rep point for you :)

You are absolutely right about the spin class. I'm trying to tone it down in that department. The problem is that I really like the format and the energy from the class and it makes cardio go by faster... Another major reason for spinning is that it is easier on my knees.

I'll definitely go with MP. In terms of the thermogenics, I'm not prone to jitters. I do drink a lot of coffee (about 5 cups a day). I used hydroxycut for a while just for energy and I didn't feel that different. Is hydroxycut a weaker version?

In terms of diet I cycle my calories so that by the end of the week I have an average of 1800 cals/day. Still I'm always hungry. The proportions are 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat.

My main source of carbs come from fruits, vegetables, wheat bread and white rice (I'm having a hard time transitioning to brown rice :( ). For protein I either get it from chicken, turkey, pork or protein powder. I don't have static day to day breakdown of what I eat. I have started to keep a journal of my food on Fitday.com thanks to Mommy*2*3's suggestion ;).

I've been told that an average of 1800 cals/day might be a little high for someone of my size, but I seem to be always hungry. Do you think that is too high?

Once again, thank you for your help!

arose70
06-29-2006, 06:19 AM
No, I don't think 1800 is too high for you at all! Especially if you are still hungry! You're not gaining on it are you? I can't imagine that you would be with all the work you are doing-you need that food to get through the day!

I'd suggest getting more carbs from oats (if you don't like oatmeal like me I have a great recipe for you that makes them "cookies" ;)) and brown rice (i know you are transitioning!! Keep it up!). Also try sweet potatoes. The fruit and bread are okay but not "complex" carbs that sustain your energy much longer. I have a feeling if you add more complex carbs you won't be as hungry. Also increase your veggies if you are still starved!

I'm not too familiar with Hydroxycut. If you are not prone to jitters I might recommend Scorch for you which is probably one of the most powerful thermos out there right now. Although I wouldn't stack the MP and the Scorch together as they are both potent on their own. I'd go with the MP first and just add some caffeine pills if you need the energy. If you still are not happy with where you are after a month or two of MP give yourself about 2 weeks for the TTA to get out of your system. TTA makes some people bloat but you will drop the water within a couple weeks of stopping.

After THAT if you are still not happy then I'd go to scorch for a bit. But I think that the MP plus more complex carbs and cutting down on the training a bit will do WONDERS for you!!

Spin IS great but it is very important that you mix it up. You don't have to do the elliptical for an hour like your spin class is, you can just do 1/2 hour for a bit or try some HIIT on it as well---that would make it go by FAST!

Good luck :)

deedlit
06-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Hmmm, I love oatmeal cookies, I would love to get your recipe if you don't mind :D.
I'll put in an order of MP and try that for now. I'll keep the coffee coming in the meantime. I did go for a run this morning, that will replace my spinning for today ;).

I checked out your MP/Scivation log, looks great! I'll be following that!

Thank you! :)

arose70
06-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Oatmeal "cookies" aka Happy Cookies ;)

5 cups oats
8 egg whites
1 cup splenda
1/2 cup liquid I can't believe its not butter
cinnamon

mash it all up and let it sit for an hour or two. Then mash "dough" into 1/4 cup measuring cup and plop on a cookie sheet. Should make 20-25 cookies each being 1/4 cup oats. Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 and wala! Happy Cookies!

deedlit
06-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Hi Arose!

Thank you so much for the recipe. I'll give that a try when I get back from my vacation :). If things turn out nicely, I'll even take a pic!